Asmus Toys: Merry and Pippin Lord of the Rings 1/6 Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20180121_190023.jpg
I'm pretty happy to finally have a Merry and Pippin in my LOTR collection.

They definitely look like they have imbibing for a good long haul in that picture. Mixture of ale and pipeweed from the looks of it.

I received my replacement heads two days ago. I had gotten the ship notice on the 5th so it took a little more than two weeks. the envelope was in rough shape. Fortunately the contents was intact, but I can't believe Asmus sent those two small boxes in nothing but a plain manila envelope. there were tears and holes, it's fortunate nothing fell out. Makes me worried for the Sam and Frodo heads, they could have at least used a tyvek envelope those don't rip as easily.

Anyway got the new cloaks and heads on, pretty easy swap. Merry's sculpt is much better, but I wish his hair was a tad darker, it's a little too blonde might try adding some darker "highlights" or a dark wash. I'm still undecided on Pippen's sculpt, at some angles it looks good at others it's pretty goofy looking. I will say it looks better in hand than it does in most of the pictures I've seen here.

Having some problems. I got my shipping notice for merry and pip heads, but I only got merry in the package, the parcels description said ×2 and I only got 1 tracking number, to make things worse i tried logging in to my account on their site and it said my password was wrong so I tried to do a recovery and the friggin site's telling me theres no account with my email in their records what the fudge.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Having some problems. I got my shipping notice for merry and pip heads, but I only got merry in the package, the parcels description said ×2 and I only got 1 tracking number, to make things worse i tried logging in to my account on their site and it said my password was wrong so I tried to do a recovery and the friggin site's telling me theres no account with my email in their records what the fudge.

They accidentally said they had shipped both, they weren't sure what was wrong with the site, its all good now. Only took a couple of emails

M & P expansion packs have arrived. I'm very happy with them! Paint is excellent. Likenesses are improved from the 1.0 versions.

THANK YOU, Asmus for even considering doing something like this!

One thing to note though with these new editions, those of you that are sticklers for accuracy, will be disappointed in Pippen's cloak. The one we get is bright purple, in the film its a reddish brown almost a rust color. I can live with it, but's it's not close to being accurate.

Finally got around to popping the updated heads on, love em, seriously what an improvement, Merry especially.
But would have loved a set of tankards too

I liked the first version of Merry/Pippin until i received the new Frodo/Sam. I think i'll need to update the heads now.The paint job on slim Frodo/Sam is just better.

20180201_192207.jpg

Sam looks great in your picture! Is it the new figure or is it just a new headsculpt?

Hi there people.
Just wanted to ask, whether there is any problem with buying Pippin and Merry directly from Asmus Toys or not.
After the green-eyed Frodo and beard-wearing Samwise fiasco, I am worried whether it would be best to pursue the older Slim versions of these 2 particular figures.
I have had a look at the thread, and I haven't found any comments pointing out any new issues in late production units, but I might be missing something.
Anybody willing to cast some light onto this?
Thanks!
Regards,
m.

Hi?
Anybody there?
m.

Hi there people.
Just wanted to ask, whether there is any problem with buying Pippin and Merry directly from Asmus Toys or not.
After the green-eyed Frodo and beard-wearing Samwise fiasco, I am worried whether it would be best to pursue the older Slim versions of these 2 particular figures.
I have had a look at the thread, and I haven't found any comments pointing out any new issues in late production units, but I might be missing something.
Anybody willing to cast some light onto this?
Thanks!
Regards,
m.

Back