Asmus Toys : Lord of the Ring thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sound terrific to me. I stand ready with checkbook or credit card in hand and will reward quality with my hard earned money and a space upon my shelves.

I love the diorama idea with the figures integrated together.

Really excited to see what you guys come up with...
a little detail though...

heroes such as Arragorn, Gandulf...etc,

Examples like Urakais, Orcs and even Merry and Pippen.

Examples such as Godorian soilders, Orc armors..etc

Maybe you ought to check the spelling of the character's names... I mean... no offense but it makes you look a bit unprofessional. :wave

Maybe you ought to check the spelling of the character's names... I mean... no offense but it makes you look a bit unprofessional. :wave

I admit, the same thing crossed my mind.

Same here...this type of thing concerns me...and the concern is solely a licensing type of issue. Spelling it slightly differently can either be an honest mistake or a deliberate attempt to avoid licensing issues. If Asmus is indeed a LOTR fans company, then they should not have small little mistakes like this.:nono

Having said that...I LOVE the plan...especially the Battlefield Armor line. I can only hope that this will see the light of day. Now...when will we see the first figure?:impatient:

Sounds like a grand plan. My buying will be hit and miss as I'm sure there will be some figure I grab but for the most part will watch from the sidelines.

As far as the spelling issues I'm going to assume until I see more it was an honest mistake. So let's watch calling people unprofessional.

Very intrigued by the plan! Really looking forward to seeing what you guys can do! And I LOVE the idea of accessory packs instead of whole figures! We begged Sideshow to do that for years!

Will see where this goes. I could see customizers having a field day with the armors -- weathering and damage, etc. I don't know where all would fit based on those categories, but my top 20 would be.

1. Aragorn
  2. Gandalf
  3. Boromir
  4. Legolas
  5. Gimli
  6. Frodo
  7. Sam
  8. Merry
  9. Pippin
  10. Arwen
  11. Faramir
  12. Lurtz
  13. Gollum (swap out Smeagol head)
  14. Dark Rider
  15. Saruman
  16. Galadriel
  17. Witch King
  18. Sauron
  19. Elrond
  20. Orc

And there are still others like Theoden, Eowyn, Eomer, Wormtongue, Denathor, etc. needed to round out the key cast.
Spelling was a little disconcerting but could be a language tranlation thing.

If I was them with characters like Lurtz, I would make Lutrz and have him come with an additional generic Uruk headsculpt and I would release an Uruk accessory pack. That way you would probably maximize the number of Lurtzes and accessory packs that are bought.

With the Uruks you could even follow a pattern:
1. Lurtz with alternate scout Uruk head sculpt
2. Ugluk (sp? doing this from memory) with a different Uruk head sculpt from the raiding party
3. Banner carrying Uruk with an alternate crossbow helmet Uruk head sculpt

With those three done and the right accessory pack or two you could build a very large and diverse Uruk army and only take up 3 figure and 1 or 2 accessory packs.

Same could be said for the goblins with their various head sculpts but similar/same armors

I can see that with Uruk-hai. Lurtz, and Azog if they get to the Hobbit, are at the top of my list of figures I'd love to see made. But, a Lurtz that comes with extra gear to make say Ugluk and a Berserker would make my dreams come true. I'd buy three.

I really think that this is a great plan and love the idea of the army building accessory packs. This plan has me really excited! Thanks for sharing with us Asmus!!! :rock

I like the plan a lot. The idea of the bases connecting sounds really cool. Maybe if there is a way to have the fellowship of connecting bases that mimic the scene when they are on their journey before Moria.

One request I would make is to please make it possible to have before and after Lothlorien versions of the fellowship. Sideshow gave us Legolas with a Lorien cloak but only a pre-Lorien bow. Aragorn never had his knife and Boromir never had his original cloak, all little things that would have been great to have.

Lastly, is it possible to give us an idea of how the line will be released? Example: "One figure every 4 months" - The reason I am asking is for planning purposes. I don't want to miss out on Lord of the Rings because I didn't plan my finances well enough.

Thanks.

Totally agree with you! :hi5:

It was a big let down to not get the Lothorien bow, quiver and arrows with Legolas not to mentions plethora of arrows. In the movie his quiver is incredibly full/stuffed with arrows but SS only gave us 5! :slap we didn't get the Boromir vambraces, dagger or Lothlorien cloak with Aragorn and like you said, Boromir's first cloak from before Lothlorien which is a real shame.

Last edited:
I really think that this is a great plan and the love the idea of the army building accessory packs. This plan has me really excited! Thanks for sharing with us Asmus!!! :rock

Totally agree with you! :hi5:

It was a big let down to not get the Lothorien bow, quiver and arrows with Legolas not to mentions plethora of arrows. In the movie his quiver is incredibly full/stuff with arrows but SS only have us 5! :slap we didn't get the Boromir vambraces, dagger or Lothlorian cloak with Aragorn and lie you said, Boromir's first cloak from before Lothlrian which is a real shame.

And considering the only time Gandalf and Boromir interacted was before Lorien Sideshow's collection still would have had issues even if they had made the last 3 members of the fellowship.

Free worldwide shipping is relly good - shipping costs from Australia would be quiet expensive.

Free worldwide shipping is relly good - shipping costs from Australia would be quiet expensive.

Where did you pick that up? Free shipping would be great indeed, but if the figures come from thailand I am worried about customs.

Lolz, this thread came just in time. Was looking at my SS Boro and Fara yesterday thinking bout selling them because I keep seeing the figures they should have made but didnt.

When the first pics start coming I imagine a new display area is needed for lots of us here. :yess:

If I was them with characters like Lurtz, I would make Lutrz and have him come with an additional generic Uruk headsculpt and I would release an Uruk accessory pack. That way you would probably maximize the number of Lurtzes and accessory packs that are bought.

With the Uruks you could even follow a pattern:
1. Lurtz with alternate scout Uruk head sculpt
2. Ugluk (sp? doing this from memory) with a different Uruk head sculpt from the raiding party
3. Banner carrying Uruk with an alternate crossbow helmet Uruk head sculpt

With those three done and the right accessory pack or two you could build a very large and diverse Uruk army and only take up 3 figure and 1 or 2 accessory packs.

Same could be said for the goblins with their various head sculpts but similar/same armors

totally great ideas that I am 100% in favor of. I hope the designers read your post and act on them. :goodpost:

Back