Asmus Toys : Lord of the Ring thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thx guys,
It's great to see all the positive response toward this!

Forgive me not able to reveal the list just yet, but thanks to ACI,
We are pushed to speed up all the progress.

Yes, tons of enthusiasm here too - and great that you want to complement the SSC releases and not just rehash them.

Sounds like you have some ambitious plans - trolls? How abuot horses?

looking forward to getting the fellowship completed.

would love to see a 1/6 gollum,gandalf the white and saruman.

So excited for this line now :pray:

And it seems like Asmus are a fan-friendly company (imagine that?!), in that they are actually gonna LISTEN to the fans and MAKE A DAMN COMPLETE FELLOWSHIP!!!

Just wanna say a personal thank you to the people at Asmus for this :1-1:

...it is greatly appreciated :yess:

Asmus Toys is proud to present the grand plan for the Lord of the Ring's 1/6 collectible action figure project. This is an elaborate plan for 5 years long term project, in which we have already scheduled over 20 figures, and 10 sets of armors. This is a project that we dedicate to all the lovers of LOTR, and we want to build this wonderful opportunity based upon the heart of all collectors.
We have categorized the project into 4 different series :
  • Heroes of Middle-Earth
  • Man of West
  • Army of Mordor
  • Armors in the battlefields
Heroes of the Middle-Earth will be the premier line of important characters. Presented by well know heroes such as Arragorn, Gandulf...etc, who will be built in top quality head sculpt, realistically accurate clothing, and mixed media accessories. Each hero will have its own custom base, and together they will be puzzled into a huge battle field diorama. Also, heroes don’t necessarily have to be the good guys.

Man of West and Army of Mordor will feature the soldiers from both side of the force. Some of the familiar faces we see in the movies but not as important as the heroes. Examples like Urakais, Orcs and even Merry and Pippen.

Armors in the Battlefields is a series of products that will contain only the armors, weapons and clothing. Collectors can use whatever figure body you have at hand to custom a figure in a relatively cheaper price, in this way, collectors can put together an army in affordable budget. Examples such as Godorian soilders, Orc armors..etc

This is the basic plan we have drawn out in the Asmus toys design team! For all who has an idea that may top this in the perspective of a collector, please let us know! We would love to hear and gather more feedbacks, like it said at the start, This will be made for you/us~

Asmus Toys

5 year plan, 20+ figures all sounds good, but if you don't make the first few of the figures the MOST desired and biggest sellers of the 20 figure run (to get collectors interested in buying the LOTR line for the next FIVE years), I don't see how the demand will be big enough for you to keep the figures coming. LOTR is a MUCH, MUCH smaller collecting community than Star Wars so I really hope you guys can make at least a few figures before throwing the towel in like huge companies Sideshow and DID has before you.

I look forward to the first figure reveal in a few days, I really hope it's a good product because if it's not better than what Sideshow did ... it's not going to sell, if it's a minor character like a Ringwraith or something, good luck trying to sell a hundred of those. Hopefully as you put it above it's either "Arragorn, Gandulf..."

Hope you guys got a really good sculptor to do the heads too, not a B level sculptor that do all these generic movie figures for a lot of these small toy companies. I'm going to honestly write what I think of your product photos in a few days. If it's good I'll buy a few of them.

Last edited:
I like the plan a lot. The idea of the bases connecting sounds really cool. Maybe if there is a way to have the fellowship of connecting bases that mimic the scene when they are on their journey before Moria.

One request I would make is to please make it possible to have before and after Lothlorien versions of the fellowship. Sideshow gave us Legolas with a Lorien cloak but only a pre-Lorien bow. Aragorn never had his knife and Boromir never had his original cloak, all little things that would have been great to have.

Lastly, is it possible to give us an idea of how the line will be released? Example: "One figure every 4 months" - The reason I am asking is for planning purposes. I don't want to miss out on Lord of the Rings because I didn't plan my finances well enough.

Thanks.

Back