Asmus Toys : Lord of the Ring thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Asmus Toys is proud to present the grand plan for the Lord of the Ring's 1/6 collectible action figure project. This is an elaborate plan for 5 years long term project, in which we have already scheduled over 20 figures, and 10 sets of armors. This is a project that we dedicate to all the lovers of LOTR, and we want to build this wonderful opportunity based upon the heart of all collectors.
We have categorized the project into 4 different series :

Heroes of Middle-Earth
Man of West
Army of Mordor
Armors in the battlefields

Heroes of the Middle-Earth will be the premier line of important characters. Presented by well know heroes such as Aragorn, Gandalf...etc, who will be built in top quality head sculpt, realistically accurate clothing, and mixed media accessories. Each hero will have its own custom base, and together they will be puzzled into a huge battle field diorama. Also, heroes don’t necessarily have to be the good guys.

Man of West and Army of Mordor will feature the soldiers from both side of the force. Some of the familiar faces we see in the movies but not as important as the heroes. Examples like Urakais, Orcs and even Merry and Pippen.

Armors in the Battlefields is a series of products that will contain only the armors, weapons and clothing. Collectors can use whatever figure body you have at hand to custom a figure in a relatively cheaper price, in this way, collectors can put together an army in affordable budget. Examples such as Godorian soilders, Orc armors..etc

This is the basic plan we have drawn out in the Asmus toys design team! For all who has an idea that may top this in the perspective of a collector, please let us know! We would love to hear and gather more feedbacks, like it said at the start, This will be made for you/us~

Asmus Toys

Good info to repost....

Sideshow's Aragorn was actually a good sculpt covered by a bad paint job. I repainted mine and it completely changed the figure.

If I remember correctly, the Legolas preview pics of the sculpt looked better than the final release. But Legolas is pretty good as is.

Gandalf the Grey and the hobbits were amazing. If there's a nit to pick, it's simply that the hobbits were a tiny bit too big in scale. But the figures themselves were fantastic. In my opinion, Gandalf is probably Sideshows finest 1/6 figure.

I think it would be AWESOME if we could do something like Hot Toys Hall of Armor...with an Aragorn figure. Have each outfit hanging in a background 'wardrobe' with him in his normal red short and trousers in the foreground. Strider, Amon Hen, Helm's Deep, ROTK...all great costumes to have! He might need one additional head sculpt for the King version...

Could do this with Boromir, Merry, Pippin, Legolas...pretty much anyone who was in all 3 movies!

Their first 5 announced choices make a lot of sense from a market-perspective, I think. Really excited for Gothmog and the Witchking as well as the forthcoming armor sets. I already have custom Gandalf the White, custom Gimli, and 6 Aragorns; so I'm less excited for those but will probably buy them all anyway. Well, maybe only parts on the Aragorn; we'll see...

Also from a sculpting stand point Gothmog, Gimli and the Witchking are probably on the easier end of the spectrum head sculpt-wise. Even Toy Biz's roto cast Gimli and 12" "Barbie" Gimli had decent sculpts. With Gandalf the White you are filling a big void in the collection and with Aragorn depending on what gear he comes with you could have the overall most desired figure of the line.

Let's see what these Armor editions are like. It'll be like Barblie dress-up but for figs. I still have some Sideshow dummy figs that can be used for dress-up, somewhere.

Let's see what these Armor editions are like. It'll be like Barblie dress-up but for figs. I still have some Sideshow dummy figs that can be used for dress-up, somewhere.

Well I must admit I do like some of the Sideshow Action Figures - yeah sure some compare them to dolls but I guess these nice posable action figures with a lot of adjustable accessories fit well into any LOTR collection

217111_10151354259096968_2075006961_n.jpg

Here we have the list for 2013 .
(but I was told there will be more... mmm...)

:yess:
So in for Gothmog.
Curious to see how the others turn out.

This might be a dumb question.
But will asmus be making their own short body for the hobbits/dwarves?

I keep trying to stick with comic properties but this announcement as well as their updates and interactions has given them respect.

As long as the human sculpts are better then the security guards I'll be in for the long haul!

:yess:
So in for Gothmog.
Curious to see how the others turn out.

This might be a dumb question.
But will asmus be making their own short body for the hobbits/dwarves?

I would assume so... but they may source from pre-existing ones. The only Asmus product I have used one of the HT knock-off bodies. But that was for an unlicensed Ghost Face figure.

If I was Sideshow I would try to get them to use the Sideshow Small Body. I mean they paid to develop it and have put it to very little use. Might as well sell blank bodies to another company at $20 each and make back a little bit.

hi guys,

Sorry have not been updating any more new picture as we counting down the days.

We have some final photos in approval right now, hopefully everything can be done according to plan

Mean while,
please let me share some weapon pictures...
923458_10151369897536968_330300870_n.jpg

Back