Asmus Toys : Legolas (wip thread)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Incredible work Raymond. Brings Legolas up a whole new level. He's not a particular favourite character of mine, but if this had been the retail product I'd have preordered it ages ago.

A little comparison on the eyes of the figures,

I think the latest Joker is still the best,
but it is good to see we are getting better and closer.

Comparison.jpg

that's not a kit unfortunately... I don't even know how something like that would work to be honest!

I was just joking, but you knew that.

Anyway -- outstanding work!!! It truly brings the entire figure to a new level. And actually shows that the sculpt is terrific. This and your Aragorn are the best LOTR figures I've seen.

I was just joking, but you knew that.

Anyway -- outstanding work!!! It truly brings the entire figure to a new level. And actually shows that the sculpt is terrific. This and your Aragorn are the best LOTR figures I've seen.

Haha of course I knew that bud, but I wouldn't put it past it going over the head of everyone else haha.

But seriously thanks man, your eye for detail is always top notch so high praise coming from you.

Got mine today and i really like it. The only problem i had was with the wrist pegs : all four of them have different shape/sizes. First time i see this, but i had to match some pegs/hands and even trim down one of the pegs because it just didn't fit anywhere.

But other than that, everything's great. I don't mind the hair, i might try to find a spare head on Ebay and repaint it, but i don't feel rushed to do this.

Lego3.jpg
Lego4.jpg

A little comparison on the eyes of the figures,

I think the latest Joker is still the best,
but it is good to see we are getting better and closer.

Wonderful comparison, Asmus! You guys are improving big time in these small details. Thanks for the insight!

Eyes look pretty good Asmus. This will be very important for a character like Frodo since the actor has very distinctive eyes.

My final Sideshow flex payment was pushed back a month to September tenth. Dunno if anybody else's has, but I figured I'd get the word out.

Yeah, my last Flex payment got pushed back to September 5th. If people are already getting these, I'm betting that's as far back as it gets pushed by Sideshow.

Last edited:
Got my deluxe today. Other than a partially broken foot peg in the troll head, I was pretty pleased. Pics do not do this figure justice. Easily my favorite Asmus LOTR figure yet!

Mine was also partially broken, so now that foot fits kinda loose. he doesn't fit in my detolf on it anyway, though.

I just glued it into place. Now the foot is unremoveable, but I don't have to worry about Legolas taking a tumble from the top of the detolf.

Yes, we have a little problem with the resin package this time.
Something we need to keep an extra eyes on next time.

As for the right foot on the troll's head, if it is not too much trouble,
super glue it back on should work fine.

As long as it holds Legolas steady on top, it should be good.
if it is still not working out, we will figure out a way to help you

The problem with superglue is its permanent. If I want to pack the figure away it can't go back in it's original box anymore.

And also the figure is not steady at all, I don't trust him to stay on it. Feels like the luxury version was a failure and a waste

I glued the boot into the trolls head and when you shove legolas into those boots he's sturdy

Yes.
The front boot (right foot) it is designed to be glued,
and it is glued at shipping,
but the package box (poly box) isn't made strong enough to protect,
and it is why the boot fell off.

So superglue it back on is actually the best way to recover its original design.
and will keep your figure sturdy on top.

Back