Asmus Toys : Legolas (wip thread)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my first Asmus figure. Legolas is my favourite character from LOTR and I couldn't not buy this.

Just to note - in the pictures, he is wearing the Sideshow cloak with the ACI broach.

The good:

The clothing and tailoring is superb. His main 'jacket' feels very high quality and fits his body very well.
The clothing looks very brown in the pictures but is green in person.
The belts and buckles are all very nice and feel sturdy. Some of the buckles on the quiver are real metal.
His boots and vambraces are a very nice soft plastic.
The hands do have some seams showing but all look very natural and go on the wrist pegs easily.
The weapons feel strong enough and the string on the bow is excellent. It is some sort of elastic.
The quiver looks lovely.
The headsculpt is not perfect but does have a lot of Orlando Bloom in there. He does look very pale.
The shape of the body is very natural due to a rubber chest and neck piece.

The cons:
The quiver straps are simply too short and do not allow you to have the straps sitting on the figure in the same place
as they are in the film. As a result, I have had to undo them in order to make some of them longer.
My straps go over the cloak whereas they should go through holes in the cloak but I didn't want to damage it.
The rubber chest and neck do not help with the strap lengths and in fact, it is better to remove the chest piece entirely.
The eleven daggers with half a blade that fit into the quiver scabbards don't fit properly. They are too big and won't go in.
The scabbards for the daggers themselves were on the wrong way, making the dagger handles curve out when they should curve in.
The cloak, although the material is very nice and it hangs well, is far too dark and doesn't look like the cloak from the film.
The elven broach is also attached in a way so that it is constantly pointing downwards and not to the side as it should.

Overall - if you love the character and love the books and films, then this is a no-brainer. There are certain finishing touches that could improve this figure and just take it another step up such as the quiver straps and ill-fitting dagger blades but apart from that, it is excellent.

thumbnail_IMG_5161.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5162.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5167.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5171.jpg

thumbnail_FullSizeRender1.jpg

thumbnail_FullSizeRender2.jpg

thumbnail_FullSizeRender3.jpg

thumbnail_FullSizeRender.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5172.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5173.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5174.jpg

This is my first Asmus figure. Legolas is my favourite character from LOTR and I couldn't not buy this.

Just to note - in the pictures, he is wearing the Sideshow cloak with the ACI broach.

The good:

The clothing and tailoring is superb. His main 'jacket' feels very high quality and fits his body very well.
The clothing looks very brown in the pictures but is green in person.
The belts and buckles are all very nice and feel sturdy. Some of the buckles on the quiver are real metal.
His boots and vambraces are a very nice soft plastic.
The hands do have some seams showing but all look very natural and go on the wrist pegs easily.
The weapons feel strong enough and the string on the bow is excellent. It is some sort of elastic.
The quiver looks lovely.
The headsculpt is not perfect but does have a lot of Orlando Bloom in there. He does look very pale.
The shape of the body is very natural due to a rubber chest and neck piece.

The cons:
The quiver straps are simply too short and do not allow you to have the straps sitting on the figure in the same place
as they are in the film. As a result, I have had to undo them in order to make some of them longer.
My straps go over the cloak whereas they should go through holes in the cloak but I didn't want to damage it.
The rubber chest and neck do not help with the strap lengths and in fact, it is better to remove the chest piece entirely.
The eleven daggers with half a blade that fit into the quiver scabbards don't fit properly. They are too big and won't go in.
The scabbards for the daggers themselves were on the wrong way, making the dagger handles curve out when they should curve in.
The cloak, although the material is very nice and it hangs well, is far too dark and doesn't look like the cloak from the film.
The elven broach is also attached in a way so that it is constantly pointing downwards and not to the side as it should.

Overall - if you love the character and love the books and films, then this is a no-brainer. There are certain finishing touches that could improve this figure and just take it another step up such as the quiver straps and ill-fitting dagger blades but apart from that, it is excellent.

thumbnail_IMG_5161.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5162.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5167.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5171.jpg

thumbnail_FullSizeRender1.jpg

thumbnail_FullSizeRender2.jpg

thumbnail_FullSizeRender3.jpg

thumbnail_FullSizeRender.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5172.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5173.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5174.jpg

Thanks for offering your take on this one and to everyone who posted their pics! My Lux arrived at my local PO today and incredibly excited to open him up this evening!

Well I'm pretty disappointed as mine seems to be stuck in customs for days. He arrived lightning quick to Canada only for this to happen [emoji30]

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

What's with customs holding everything lately? I've ordered from overseas for 17 years and I've never had an issue with an item. I've had my first one recently and I've been seeing a lot of comments on this board about packages being held for new releases.

Is that so? My last two packages came pretty fast a couple weeks ago. I'm not sure if it was neccessarily customs or they were abysmally slow as it keeps updating item processed over a few days and finally just left that location.

Remember a couple of days ago when I said I missed the delivery while I was on Vacation? I went to pick up my package yesterday and it turns out that they don't know where the driver put it after he brought it back. So now they're trying to figure out where my box is.. Gotta love USPS...

I'm pretty pissed. They were supposed to call me yesterday when the driver got in but didn't. I called them earlier today but they hung up on me. Now I've been on hold for 15 minutes.

Nice review Jokes & Bats. I was really impressed by the tailoring on Gandalf and this looks like it's on the same level. I guess I'll keep my order. :clap

I was actually a bit let down by Gandalf's tailoring as the pleats should have been continuous down his skirt and some of the sewing was sloppily done (misaligned parts etc) and the cloak was horrendously big. I would say Legolas is at an even higher level than Gandalf. Also I've been working on a custom Gandalf robe and cloak which I think is coming along nice and will share pictures of soon.

Looks very good jokes!

Right so just unboxed mine, whoever says the hands go on the pegs easily is lying :lol horrible pegs!!!. They are too big for both the hand hole and the forearm hole and need serious force to plug in both sockets.

This was a very stressful unboxing, having to put lots of pressure on the figure/outfit to get the hands on, also the chest straps are really too tight and are in the wrong position. That whole chest / neck / straps / hair / quiver area is just too tight with no space to move anything around.

I had to remove the head to get the cloak on, then when putting the head back on when everything else was in place, it kinda put too much stress on the cloak and where it is stitched at the brooch has come loose a bit.

That's all the negatives out of the way. Just wasn't a pleasant unboxing experience.

Now the figure is all set up it looks very good indeed. The cloak is a really nice material and sits brilliantly on the shoulders. I was pleasantly surprised by the cloak. The figure in hand looks every bit as nice as pictures. Over all I'm very Happy, but I won't be changing his pose in a hurry.

Looks very good jokes!

Right so just unboxed mine, whoever says the hands go on the pegs easily is lying :lol horrible pegs!!!. They are too big for both the hand hole and the forearm hole and need serious force to plug in both sockets.

This was a very stressful unboxing, having to put lots of pressure on the figure/outfit to get the hands on, also the chest straps are really too tight and are in the wrong position. That whole chest / neck / straps / hair / quiver area is just too tight with no space to move anything around.

I had to remove the head to get the cloak on, then when putting the head back on when everything else was in place, it kinda put too much stress on the cloak and where it is stitched at the brooch has come loose a bit.

That's all the negatives out of the way. Just wasn't a pleasant unboxing experience.

Now the figure is all set up it looks very good indeed. The cloak is a really nice material and sits brilliantly on the shoulders. I was pleasantly surprised by the cloak. The figure in hand looks every bit as nice as pictures. Over all I'm very Happy, but I won't be changing his pose in a hurry.

Sorry to hear. I have the same issue with my The Mask figure... none of the hands stay on. The holes in the hands are too small. A common problem for Asmus figures I guess...

I definitely agree with some of the pros and cons here--wrist pegs are just too big for the holes in the hands and made for a dandy of a time swapping the hands out (nothing a blow dryer didn't make easier) but I have to say that the pros are definitely PRO! I am incredibly happy with Legolas! In my opinion it's Asmus' finest to date. I'm keeping Legolas pre-Lothlorien so, no cloak in the pics =).

2ss.jpg3ss.jpg
8ss.jpg9ss.jpg
10ss.jpg11ss.jpg
12ss.jpg13ss.jpg

My display is getting closer to having the entire Fellowship!
Thank you Asmus!!:clap

19ss.jpg17ss.jpg

My Legolas arrived today too and I have to say he might be their best release yet at least in my opinion. There were some things that were negatives like the dagger sheaths being in backwards and the seam at the hair but for me the positives far out weighed the few issues.

I had no problems swapping hands and I loved that he came with the quiver already on so I did not have to mess with it. Sideshow's was a pain for me. Also the precut hole in the cloak for the quiver was a great idea.

The body on mine was sturdy and he didn't feel nearly as breakable as some of the earlier releases.

One of my favorite things that Asmus did was the two piece boots. I love having ankle articulation and the two pieces work well here and neither of the ankles are loose. Loose ankles are one of my pet peeves followed by the stiff one piece plastic boot. I like being able to get both natural and danamic poses and those two issues limit a lot of figures.

Great job Asmus!!! Still room to improve but I am very happy with my purchase.

Back