Asmus Toys : Legolas (wip thread)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What kind of display case is this? Looks great!

It's a curio cabinet I purchased from Badcock Furniture about 4 years back. Not cheap but not as expensive as other curio cases. I think it's a Tucker curio..? I tried to look it up but they don't sell them anymore.

It's a curio cabinet I purchased from Badcock Furniture about 4 years back. Not cheap but not as expensive as other curio cases. I think it's a Tucker curio..? I tried to look it up but they don't sell them anymore.

Ok, thanks. I'm looking for something like that with good lighting. Your collection looks nice BTW! :clap

Well, the post office found my package earlier today and I just got to open Legolas.. He's amazing so far. One of Asmus' best yet!

Did you have to cut of the whole sculpt or was it just that the seam of the sculpt stopped where you wanted to start the rooted hair?

Did you have to cut of the whole sculpt or was it just that the seam of the sculpt stopped where you wanted to start the rooted hair?

The two sections of sculpted hair coming down the sides are separate pieces which just pulled off. They had a little glue holding them on. I think it should be possible to glue them back in place if I needed to. The new hair just glues into the gap left behind.

Just got mine in yesterday and it looks fantastic (will look better with rooted hair) but unfortunately mine had a splotch of glue or do something on the tunic....[emoji21]

Does Asmus replace individual.parts or will.i have to send the whole thing back?

55663c3bb20a0d69be63254e5d312061.jpg

For UK collectors, customs charge is £34.11 parcelforce. Just paid up, delivery monday.

Just got mine in yesterday and it looks fantastic (will look better with rooted hair) but unfortunately mine had a splotch of glue or do something on the tunic....[emoji21]

Does Asmus replace individual.parts or will.i have to send the whole thing back?

They have been very kind to me in the past. It will likely cost you by sending the items back. I had issues with a headsculpt from The Mask. They send me a replacement and I had to send the old one back.

Jokes and Bats, that is coming along VERY nicely. Looking forward to seeing more of your progress.

Tracking shows mine as clearing customs yesterday so it shouldn't be too long now...

For UK collectors, customs charge is £34.11 parcelforce. Just paid up, delivery monday.
mine was only £20.22. I think parcelfarce make it up as they go along. Joke!

Really liking this figure now as he is all set up properly, even after my pretty stressful unboxing experience. The outfit is gorgeous!

I took the wire out of the hood on the cloak as I felt it added unnecessary bulk to the neck area which is too packed in as it is.

I swapped the hand pegs to hot toys ones, which lets me swap hands easier.

I also undid the chest strap which goes over his left shoulder where it connects at the quiver, the quiver can then be moved around easier and also the chest brooch is positioned in a mote accurate location. The strap stays loose but is hidden by his cloak.

I've also completely stripped his outfit then re-applied it, just basic futzing really. Helps a lot

Last edited:

55663c3bb20a0d69be63254e5d312061.jpg
thats a shame bud!

But - a potential fix.

I have just undone the strap which goes over his left shoulder at the point it connects to the quiver, this has allowed me to move the quiver around a bit and give the whole neck area a bit of breathing space, while also allowing me to reposition the strap and brooch on his chest to a more accurate position (like what jokes and bats did)

The strap is left hanging loose but it doesn't matter as it is under the cloak once you put the cloak on.

If you do this, you could position the brooch on the chest strap to cover and hide that small patch of glue while also making it look more accurate.

Thanks man, yeah I noticed in moved in the pics and it looked good/correct. I actually wondered if it was supposed to have come like that and just - glued in place a- and just shifted. I'll give that a try, but I think Asmus will come through too.

thats a shame bud!

But - a potential fix.

I have just undone the strap which goes over his left shoulder at the point it connects to the quiver, this has allowed me to move the quiver around a bit and give the whole neck area a bit of breathing space, while also allowing me to reposition the strap and brooch on his chest to a more accurate position (like what jokes and bats did)

The strap is left hanging loose but it doesn't matter as it is under the cloak once you put the cloak on.

If you do this, you could position the brooch on the chest strap to cover and hide that small patch of glue while also making it look more accurate.

Got my legolas today and he is soooo good! You guys are gonna love him! Troll head is kinda meh but if legolas is displayed alone it's cool

Back