Asmus Toys : Legolas (wip thread)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I was on the edge of cancelling this but the pictures shared by you look so awesome. :thud:

For those who don't have Facebook. This shows that Asmus needs another way of shooting their products. These stills look so much better:

Legolas 01.jpg

Legolas 02.jpg

Legolas 03.jpg

Legolas 04.jpg

Legolas 05.jpg

Legolas 06.jpg

Legolas 08.jpg

Legolas 09.jpg

Legolas 10.jpg

Legolas 11.jpg

Legolas 12.jpg

Legolas 07.jpg

Wow!! That's brilliant. I completely agree - their photography is low quality and does not make use of appropriate backgrounds and lighting details.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Almost every picture has him looking down.

Honestly this is because he can't look up to easy. its down or front facing only.

the "elastic hair" is pretty damn stiff. and the ends drive me crazy it's so damn clunky sculpted. I can;t wait to mod mine for realism. and then in time attempt real hair.

Comparing the sculpted hair on Legolas to that of say Hot Toys Dark World Thor really does show how much more work Asmus need to put in to get their hair right. From normal viewing distances it probably looks OK, but on closer inspection I think the lack of detail and clumpiness really detract from what is otherwise I pretty good sculpt!

Comparing the sculpted hair on Legolas to that of say Hot Toys Dark World Thor really does show how much more work Asmus need to put in to get their hair right. From normal viewing distances it probably looks OK, but on closer inspection I think the lack of detail and clumpiness really detract from what is otherwise I pretty good sculpt!

The 'bright yellow' seems like a poor choice in paint too. I want to like this figure... but I feel they need to make another attempt on this one. Perhaps a TTT version.

Curious for your review.

I must say, the figure looks a lot better in the Chinese Wayne's World video.

This is one I'm almost tempted to grind off the hair and put real hair on. I was going to repaint it, anyway. So if that doesn't work, real hair will be the next step.

...I am hoping the hair color and seam don't bother me as much as it is bothering some people.

Yeah, I sure hope not. I just ordered one off Sideshow. I'm still baffled about the hair color. Seriously, why is his hair yellow? Makes him looks like a cartoon character..... but I gotta have Legolas to complete the Fellowship.

Agree with you all about the hair, that's what I said since the first in hand pics were revealed, it is too yellow. that is my only gripe with this figure. I will try to pick up a second head and repaint it.

Receiving my figure today :rock I can't wait

I think it looks fantastic over all and asmus' best offering. Well done asmus, great job!

Last edited:
Agree with you all about the hair, that's what I said since the first in hand pics were revealed, it is too yellow. that is my only gripe with this figure. I will try to pick up a second head and repaint it.

Receiving my figure today :rock I can't wait

I think it looks fantastic over all and asmus' best offering. Well done asmus, great job!

Please share pictures if you do have some time to do so. :clap

Will do!

My plan was to strip the outfit off and re outfit him, to get it to lay how I want, but to be honest I'm not sure he needs it looking at those pics :lol

Back