Asmus Toys : Legolas (wip thread)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to illustrate some of the comments made earlier. Also realized that the eyes might also be throwing it off a bit. Not perfect, but I think it's closer. And again these are micro tweaks. The portrait as is is very close. Hate to be "that guy" with photoshop, but I do quite a bit of this in my day job.

2r544nq.jpg

Animation
2ngg3yb.gif

Last edited:
Great tips. I noticed the hairline too. The hairline is definitely best modification for me. It was a bit too straight and high up on the original.

Cheekbones also make a massive difference!

Just to illustrate some of the comments made earlier. Also realized that the eyes might also be throwing it off a bit. Not perfect, but I think it's closer. And again these are micro tweaks. The portrait as is is very close. Hate to be "that guy" with photoshop, but I do quite a bit of this in my day job.

Great work on showing those adjustments, Nexus! I think that all those modifications are steps on the right direction in order to improve the likeness.

Hate to be "that guy" with photoshop, but I do quite a bit of this in my day job.

Nexus, PLEASE be "that guy" and keep being "that guy" w. PS:pray:. If ASMUS is cool enough to work with the fans, then those willing to share expertise IMO are MOST appreciated. Personally so want Thorin, Thranduil and MF Bilbo...patiently waiting. Other folks asking for Gimli, Frodi, Sam...

Because I don't get it. I don't get especially the early LOTR stuff - I don't get why companies think that "good enough" likeness (when it's just plain bad IMO) don't go back to the drawing board. I know that portrait sculpture is on of the most difficult skills + factoring in actual production, but that's why companies hire sculptors. I don't get why companies never did tweak and tweak until it's right. Maybe not "perfect" but "right". Look at Saruman, Aragorn and I think Bard is pretty good; ordering GTG:clap.
Hot Toys too does some IMO amazing likenesses. Kudos to Asmus for working at it!:clap

Maybe that slows production, but what's the point of putting out a product that loses sales because the face is way off? If and when Thorin and Thranduil and Bilbo come out, I wanted multiples to re-costume and futz with as needed, but while I might tackle hair and some very minor paint - I can't fix a bad sculpt. Not paying $$$ for "looks sort of like".

I'll agree he looks a little old. Just as your Gandalf looks like he does in The Hobbit instead of LOTR Legolas looks older as he does in The Hobbit.

If they're doing a Hobbit version, I think this one will work. LotR though, he looks a big aged for sure.

Nice modification, I think he just looks too old. I think it is a good likeness of him, but too old. He has a harshness to his face, severe looking almost. It is close to how he looked in the Hobbit movies, so if that is what they are working off of, then they are on their way

Well, if Gandalf is any valid indication they will release him as a LOTR Legolas but using only pictures from The Hobbit as a reference....so yes, he will be too old :(

Enviado desde mi Nexus 4 mediante Tapatalk

I would imagine we'll see Legolas, Thranduil, Frodo, and Sam, at the very least, debut at NYCC when they make an appearance. I'll be there Saturday, so I can check if no one here goes before then. Hopefully we see a few more besides them, but we'll see. Hoping to see Boromir and Faramir myself.

I hope so. Seeing as Asmus have the rights to this line meaning that ACI weren't allowed to produce any more figures, I think we deserve to see some updates.

What is the date of NYCC?

Unfortunately we don't have Legolas to show yet,
it is near finish, only the clothing not ready.

We expect to see Legolas in full next month

Unfortunately we don't have Legolas to show yet,
it is near finish, only the clothing not ready.

We expect to see Legolas in full next month

Thanks for the info. Any chance of a peak at the sculpt?

Just want to say George. Asmus has been on a roll lately. Aragorn, fantastic. Gandalf, fantastic. And even though I haven't ordered him yet, Grishnahk, fantastic.

Back