Asmus Toys : Gandalf the Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking forward to messing around with what could be my last ever 1/6 figure (unless Tamashii bring out their R2-D2).

Hope you still stop by every once in awhile, don't know you personally of course(I don't "know" anyone here) but your comments are entertaining. I want to scale back too, but I am in until I get my OT collection to the point that I consider it complete. I also like what I have seen from blitzway this year so they could keep me buying some stuff.

:lol I know you're thinking the same

It's the Asmus learning curve. I only have two of their figures, but from my reading of the Asmus threads they continue to improve. I guess we're still at the point where some modding is still required to bring out the potential of their figures, but I cut Asmus a lot of slack because they engage with their customers and their price-point is ok for what you get. I feel a lot happier with this Gandalf than I do with Hot Toys' crappy $225 Han Solo, that's for sure.

I own every Asmus LOTR figure, simply because I'm a huge LOTR fan.
Asmus definitely continues to improve with every figure.
But the gem in the staff is just a weird move. Sideshows Gandalf staff was much better in the gem department and I find it odd that they made the choice the did.

Either way, as I said I love the figure and I know I'll grow to love it more. They've just made a few odd choices, a box that says Hobbit and a stand that says LOTR was another odd choice. Nothing on Gandalf was a deal breaker for me. Overall it's a good figure.
(LOTR>Hobbit)

This figure is waitlisted at SSC and at my local retailer. Good news that more and more people are picking these up.

This figure is waitlisted at SSC and at my local retailer. Good news that more and more people are picking these up.

I noticed that today . I panicked and preorder through costwold collectible's . He might be back in stock at sideshow though because the same happened with mouth of Sauron and now they have him back in stock . I couldn't take a chance and miss out though .

Yeah... seeing all the US Retailers sell out so quickly, I couldn't hold out any longer, either. Ordered direct from Asmus yesterday. Any thoughts on how long I should expect this to arrive in the USA?

Great pics and glad everyone is picking this guy up. I originally once the in hand pics and review went up I thought it would be a order and it was but I decided to pass for right now even if sells out. It still hasn't jumped me completely to a must have. There new orc on the other hand looks incredible.

Hope you still stop by every once in awhile, don't know you personally of course(I don't "know" anyone here) but your comments are entertaining. I want to scale back too, but I am in until I get my OT collection to the point that I consider it complete. I also like what I have seen from blitzway this year so they could keep me buying some stuff.

:duff You're a gentleman Mr Hat! So long as I'm waiting for someone to bring out Rocky Horror Picture Show figures I'll be hanging around just in case :)

How is asmus about replacing missing items? My package from SS is missing the pipe. I really want the pipe... Was going to display him with it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I think they're pretty good, judging on everyone's reporting in Asmus threads - but sometimes you have to keep at them. I've given up on getting the exclusive sword that was supposed to ship with the Nazgul steed set.

I'm ok with not having the sword if it never arrives, but there's no way I'd want to be without Gandalf's pipe!

Silly question, sorry - have you checked the box really carefully?

How is asmus about replacing missing items? My package from SS is missing the pipe. I really want the pipe... Was going to display him with it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Just send them an email, they are good at helping their customers out. My Gandalf was missing the strap to attach glamdring to the belt and they sent me the part after a couple emails

yea, inside and out. I noticed that spot was empty when I opened the figure before even opening the clamshell.

yea, inside and out. I noticed that spot was empty when I opened the figure before even opening the clamshell.

Strange, cos the pipe is actually taped into that slot. So I assume yours didnt even have tape there? Maybe the person packing the figure simply forgot to put it in. Pretty bad from a final QC check point of view....

I took Gandalf to the river for some outside shooting. A lovely figure!

Taking a walk thorugh The Shire
8.jpg
7.jpg

Outside the Trolls cave
4.jpg

Leading the Fellowship through the Misty Mountains
1.jpg

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 167
Back