Asmus Toys : Gandalf the Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3f10f5df87e8e2069d91c3873efbb70b.jpg

75e5da5c468a1ae0d39913c4ab8297d3.jpg

Looks great!!!

Hi everybody !
I did not buy a couple of the last Asmus's figures because I was not happy with what I saw (and not very happy with the last figures I bought...) but this Gandalf, I had to give him a chance because he really looked good on the production pictures. He arrived a few weeks ago, and I finally took some time to futz him, and I totally agree with you all, it's a damn good figure, worth the 200 dollars easily !
Everything is great on this figure, the headsculpt (even if I would have prefered a LOTR version rather than a Hobbit version) is gorgeous (I'm lucky, no bald spot on mine), the paint is very realistic, the hands are perfect. It is with "details" like that you know you bought a collectible item and not a toy. Gtw had "young" hands, this Gtg has beautiful "old" ones. By the way, like Bucky underbelly said, I would love a set of new hands with the new head of Gtw...
We can see that Asmus has paid great attention to detail and quality: the belt and the bag are quite impressive, Glamdring is splendid, and I love the effort of making the hat (and the boots) in real fabric.
I will not put any out of the box pictures, you all know what it looks like. But here is what I did with him:
-repainted the boots, the bag, and the belt.
-aged down the fabric of the robe and the cloak, by scratching it with a little saw.
-added some mud on the robe and cloak.
-customized the hat, by cutting a small part so I could bend it and fixed it with a drop of glue.
-remade the folds of the robe with an iron.
That's all !

I really love the result, thank you Asmus for making a such beautiful version of the grey wizard. I can pay 200 dollars for a figure but I want this high level of quality. Seems that I will not be disappointed with the next releases: Grishnack looks just as good.
:)

IMG_6250.JPG

IMG_6251.JPG

IMG_6252.JPG

IMG_6254.JPG

IMG_6255.JPG

IMG_6257.JPG

IMG_6260.JPG

IMG_6279'.JPG

IMG_6281.JPG

IMG_6283.JPG

IMG_6284.JPG

IMG_6285''.JPG

Hi everybody !
I did not buy a couple of the last Asmus's figures because I was not happy with what I saw (and not very happy with the last figures I bought...) but this Gandalf, I had to give him a chance because he really looked good on the production pictures. He arrived a few weeks ago, and I finally took some time to futz him, and I totally agree with you all, it's a damn good figure, worth the 200 dollars easily !

You are most welcome,
we are now producing our figures in our own factory
so the quality from now on will be consistent and even pushing for a higher grade.

I personally am very looking forward to Legolas !

You are most welcome,
so the quality from now on will be consistent and even pushing for a higher grade.

Is that a tease Asmus? ;)

Are the shippings of the Gandalf the Grey figure having the same troubles as other packages. I heard there are problems with the bankruptcy of certain container shipping companies. I really hope my figure doesn't suffer from the baldness some of you guys mentioned.
+ Any clue in which month The Mask will be shipping to European/American collectors?

That looks awesome Neko! Great job. He really looks a step up better there.

Exciting news from Asmus about their own factory and Legolas which has me thinking that maybe I should wait a bit to see what they reveal before purchasing the recent Weta Legolas which has been growing on me.

This is such wonderful news! I can't wait for Faramir, Boromir and Eomer! Can you give us an idea as to when to expect some future announcements? I want to make sure I budget accordingly so I can support all you do in the future!

This is such wonderful news! I can't wait for Faramir, Boromir and Eomer! Can you give us an idea as to when to expect some future announcements? I want to make sure I budget accordingly so I can support all you do in the future!

Those guys need to get in the back of the line, we need a proper Gimli.
tumblr_mw7btfCl3g1s9lptno1_r1_500.gif

Very happy with this guy! Just a quick futz and set up. Need to add a bend to the hat, water treat the cloak to help it hang properly and like many I need to glue the scabbard loops before I can attach the sword. But all minor niggles to a fantastic looking figure. One of my new favourites :)

image.jpg

Back