Asmus Toys : Gandalf the Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The base nut is weird, it seems to slot loosely and spin regardless with no connection (providing its already connected to the rock) but after a few turns it magically tightens up. Not scratching the nice base is difficult though

Thanks for the advice about the base everyone! I appreciate it!
Good to know its not an isolated issue...I guess!

Finally some time to futz GtG...
really minor stuff and no water treatment at the moment (I'm not sure if I'm gonna use the cloak or not):
-jankatana hat mod.
-toned down the whites on the blue belt.
-combed the hair more forward.
-painted the eyebrows.
gand1.jpg

You shall not pass!
gand2.jpg

Dunno why anyone wouldn't order direct from Asmus tbh.

Because when I tried to order from ASMUS (from multiple browsers) the site kept saying "my account was invalid" or something like that, got fed up as I didn't even HAVE an account with them.

So opted for Sideshow - got my shipping notice which is good. Other folks pictures making me want MINE.

really minor stuff and no water treatment at the moment (I'm not sure if I'm gonna use the cloak or not):
-jankatana hat mod.
-painted the eyebrows.
View attachment 289779

Best picture I've seen of him so far, congrats!
Repainting those eyebrows already makes a big difference. I'm wondering if a slight resculpt would help even more. One thing that keeps bothering me about the sculpt is the distance between the eyes and his brows.

Got my shipping notification and tracking number from Asmus a few days ago, hoping to have him in hand some time next week. Can't wait to start messing with him. :)

-jankatana hat mod.
-painted the eyebrows.
View attachment 289779

You shall not pass!
View attachment 289778
Second picture is outstanding. Painted eyebrows make a big difference.

I just did a quick (very crude) mockup for my personal reference for when I eventually mod the figure, but thought some of you would like to see this as well.
I pulled the whole top of the head including the eyebrows further down to reduce the distance between the eyes and eyebrows, and added his widow's peak. Would not be an easy feat doing that to the actual sculpt, but I think it emphasizes what I don't like about the sculpt, so that might help me come up with options.

Hope you don't mind me using your shot, Sith, but since the eyebrows you painted add so much to the figure, it was easier to use your shot for the effect.

gand2_manip_comp.png

I just did a quick (very crude) mockup for my personal reference for when I eventually mod the figure, but thought some of you would like to see this as well.
I pulled the whole top of the head including the eyebrows further down to reduce the distance between the eyes and eyebrows, and added his widow's peak. Would not be an easy feat doing that to the actual sculpt, but I think it emphasizes what I don't like about the sculpt, so that might help me come up with options.

Hope you don't mind me using your shot, Sith, but since the eyebrows you painted add so much to the figure, it was easier to use your shot for the effect.

gand2_manip_comp.png

No problemo. Actually, if I knew how the hair is rooted behind the forehead I would like to give the widow peak sculpt a try. That could be easy and effective. The whole resculpt is intriguing but that means repainting the whole face...no chance.

14249246_10157701142600157_82893529_n.jpg
14193849_10157701140850157_685156281_n.jpg

Here is mine , already customized and fuzzed. Rehaired and "rebearded" plus some other little details.
Had a blast with him, I also removed some of his forehead to lower his hairline and give him his widow's peak
The beard and hair are grey, but my camera makes it look white. I'll take better pictures during the day.

Really enjoyed him.

Has anyone found a way to get the pipe in the staff?
I found reference pics online and just can't seem to make it happen!

Has anyone found a way to get the pipe in the staff?
I found reference pics online and just can't seem to make it happen!

The pipe only fits in 1 of the staves , the one with the gem ( the moria staff) can't fit. So you're left with the one with the little bag . The pipe goes in that one

Back