Asmus Toys: Galadriel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Correct, but the type of material used for the hair, for example, and how it ends up looking, is what I was trying to focus on.

For example, using Tibetan mohair instead of the typical synthetic "doll hair" material would make a huge difference. Unfortunately, it would also raise the price but I think it would be worth it.

Yeah fair enough. If she is a part of their Crown series we may get mohair, but i?m guessing she won?t be.

I'd think the hair should be the easiest part of this figure. Companies like Azone have been doing almost this exact style on their dolls for a while. It's not best photo but it's looking a little thin/in need of more wefts. I agree mohair would look good too

If the prototype hair work on the Crown Gandalf is any indication of where Asmus is with hair right now I imagine that Galadriel will come out great.

LG001aa.jpg

Sneak peek~

If the production figure ends up looking this good it could be a serious contender for Figure of the Year. This figure, plus Crown Gandalf, plus Elrond, plus that great looking new Aragorn sculpt ... honestly, I have to say Asmus is making a serious run for Hot Toys' crown these days. Bravo, folks. Bravo.

If this is released Asmus will have TAKEN the crown from Hot Toys! I am amazed by this prototype. Even if one wanted to give a very slight edge to Hot Toys (I certainly don?t especially when comparing this to the last few figures that Hot Toys has released) Asmus still wins based upon the bonus points that they get from being so collector friendly...when was the last time Hot Toys unveiled a new figure on this forum...? Yep...never. Couple that with the fact that I love Lord of the Rings more than Marvel, DC, and Star Wars combined...I am giving Asmus an easy win!

Back