Asmus Toys: Galadriel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They did an amazing job!
I wish I picked up Gimli earlier, that one was another beautifully done piece. :clap

Ordered! of course.
But I’ll add my agreement to the chorus suggesting the crown and robe be added. I would gladly pay an extra $20-25 for those two items, which would make this a more “complete” representation of the character.

Ordered her Ladyship and I couldn't be happier!

Ordered! of course.
But I’ll add my agreement to the chorus suggesting the crown and robe be added. I would gladly pay an extra $20-25 for those two items, which would make this a more “complete” representation of the character.

Absolutely agree, Asmus should send out a questionnaire to those who have ordered and say "we can make the crown/robe available for x amount, would you like to add this to your order" and I would say YES (as long as the price is reasonable)

Ordered the Lady of the Noldor, Royal House of Finarfin, of the line of Finwe, greatest of Eldar women and equal only to Feanor.

Honestly, this is a dream came true.... Thank you Asmus for this piece of beauty.

PS: On a side note, I truly hope that no exploited labour is involved, because elevating this standards of quality while keeping price reasonable, plus the constant comunication with the fans, is what makes this company my favourite in the market without doubts.

She looks amazing! Great job, Asmus.

I ordered but agree her crown and robe would be welcome additions. Asmus, any chance you can make these accessories?

Don’t get me wrong she looks amazing, but I do think she needs a crown ... I hope asmus does consider adding this I think it will make a lot of people happy

I totally get their decision to not include her cloak and circlet (crown). The figure is meant to be scene-specific and is pretty freaking iconic as-is.

And while the cloak seems like it would take a fair amount of time, effort and money for them to produce ... that said ... maybe the circlet might be something they could consider? Maybe? Possibly? :pray:

Personally, I'm thrilled with the figure as shown (particularly with the mirror and pitcher), but there are probably a fair number of people who would like at least that one additional accessory. I don't know much about the industry, or how much it would cost, but it is a very small item.

(I've been looking at photos and it doesn't seem to be terribly different from Thranduil's circlet. Surely, I'm in the minority around these parts but I know I certainly wouldn't know the difference if they just included one of those! :lol)

I'm also disappointed Asmus didn't add the cape/hood and crown. I suspect they tried, but the crown proved too difficult to make look good since it's a delicate metalwork that hugs the head. The rooted hair probably made it look oversized and bulky. ThreeZero's GOT Cersei had a nice metal crown, but that was sculpted short hair it had to fit on.

Probably one of the best female likenesses I've seen at 1/6. Great job Asmus! As someone who doesn't have any from this line, how do the production pieces stack up to proto?

At the risk of sounding too much like an Asmus fan-boy, I think most of their figures actually look a little better in hand than they do in proto pics. Especially some of these more recent figures. (That Elrond likeness is spooky good.) With the big improvements they've made in portrait sculpts, consistently good paint work and costume work that has always been excellent ... they've made some huge strides as a 1/6 company in just a few years.

Back