Asmus Toys: Galadriel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great to see this one coming along so nicely. She’s so ‘doll’ like- it’s quite a departure from the rest of the line so far but completely fitting and essential for us collectors. I wonder if her eyes can be painted to achieve the specific lighting effects they used to give Galadriel a sense of otherworldly wisdom. It may be too small a detail to even achieve. I think I’d really like the hooded gown she wears while seeing off the Fellowship although her dress is so beautifully detailed that it would be a crime to not have it shown on display.

Imagine all the dresses Galadriel wore while the Fellowship were in Lothlorien for a month. I’m so excited for this figure, bring on more Elves please! I hope she comes with her mirror and a pedestal to hold it.

Awesome preview! It’s great to be a LOTR (and Hateful 8) fan because the level of engagement that Asmus has with collectors makes me want to support them either way. Any company that is this committed to their customers deserves to take the lead in the industry.

Awesome preview! It?s great to be a LOTR (and Hateful 8) fan because the level of engagement that Asmus has with collectors makes me want to support them either way. Any company that is this committed to their customers deserves to take the lead in the industry.

THIS.

I loved her crown she wore in the hobbit

She should come with it since it was in LOTR as well during the farewell scene in Lothlorien and in ROTK. It would be amazing if she came with different dresses too but that would be complicated and/or expensive. Probably better to do a LOTR Galadriel and a Hobbit one. Also the LOTR one should come with her cloak and hood from the Lothlorien farewell.

I?d love the hood and crown she wears in LOTR as well as the mirror thingie, if it comes with those it will be a very cool display piece.

Hope she comes with the open "see you later" hand which would be slightly different from a standard "relaxed" hand. Also maybe a "Phial-Holding Action" hand from The Hobbit. Simple, but relatively easy things to add. (And hoping she has a ring.)

Waiting to see close-ups of the portrait. I’m sure the hair is a challenge given the elaborate style. Worst case I’d be fine with fully sculpted or a hybrid like Arwen’s. I’d probably just send it out to be rehaired.

Last edited:
I wonder if Asmus would be willing to put out an "unbranded" sculpt with black hair and make up as a "dark elf" for those looking to get an unmarked Hela.

I wonder if Asmus would be willing to put out an "unbranded" sculpt with black hair and make up as a "dark elf" for those looking to get an unmarked Hela.

I personally would prefer to see them invest their time and development costs into building out the Lord of the Rings line versus producing spare parts for kit bashing unrelated Marvel figures that they don?t hold the license for. So hopefully not.

It?s long blonde hair, kinda hard not to make it look like a Barbie to some degree.

Correct, but the type of material used for the hair, for example, and how it ends up looking, is what I was trying to focus on.

For example, using Tibetan mohair instead of the typical synthetic "doll hair" material would make a huge difference. Unfortunately, it would also raise the price but I think it would be worth it.

Back