Asmus Toys : Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered! Thanks for the heads-up, D..C!

They look good and I'm really happy about the metal Sting!

I'm very puzzled about one thing, though: The new sculpts seem to be neckless. But the original Frodo and Sam sculpts are necked. I hope these expansion packs include a neck adapter. I don't want to see the Aragorn situation happen again.

Did someone ask this question at their Facebook account?

I don't know how to screen grab.

Andrea Buresova Hi Asmus How should this sculpt without neck fit to the neckless body of the first release?
Like · Reply · 1 · 7 hrs
Manage
Asmus Toys
Asmus Toys We will have a new neck included.
Like · Reply · 1 · 6 hrs

Sam's turn.

b.jpg
23031145_10154833618911968_6022091195513103625_n.jpg

I don't know how to screen grab.

Andrea Buresova Hi Asmus How should this sculpt without neck fit to the neckless body of the first release?
Like · Reply · 1 · 7 hrs
Manage
Asmus Toys
Asmus Toys We will have a new neck included.
Like · Reply · 1 · 6 hrs

Oh, good!

(And thank you for asking!)

Both are so much better. I wish we wouldn't have to buy extension packs. :(

Sometimes being a completely clueless person pays off. I was completely sure of having pre-ordered the original Frodo and Sam pack...only to find out that I completely forgot to do so. So luckily for me I avoided their inferior version and can jump straight to this one.

Having said that I had to double tap for Aragorn and Merry/Pip, so I feel your pain.

By the way, has been any word from Asmus about doing the same for Gandalf and finally releasing that mythical and almost perfect sculpt that never saw the light?

By the way, has been any word from Asmus about doing the same for Gandalf and finally releasing that mythical and almost perfect sculpt that never saw the light?

The seem to be quite recently. There was a word there will be new sculpt for GtW. And I believe you are right that somebody mentioned the possibility of a extension re;leas of the GtG sculpt, or it's slight modification.

Frodo and Sam look nice, and hope they will translate it into the mass product too. The only new sculpt I do not like is Pippin, though I could see where they got that expression.
Peregrin-Pippin-Took.jpg

I just preordered the new head sculpts for sam and frodo. While not perfect, they are a vast improvement from the original release. They deserve good head sculpts so I can't wait for these to arrive :)

I do not get what is slim about these versions, except for the capes. Sculpts are superior, and Frodo got metal sting, so it is a bit of a letdown for those who got the first version, because adding expansion pack makes the first two 300-320$ in total, though the new ones will be 223$ together (so the owners of the first release will have bonus capes and useless sculpts for 100$).

Looks like the slim versions get stands as well by the look of the photos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think people are being unfair to Asmus. If this was hot toys or sideshow these figures would be called ver 2 and the only way to get the new head and accessories would be to buy a whole figure. Asmus at least gives people the chance to just purchase the expansion pack. I've never seen other 1/6 companies doing that.

I think people are being unfair to Asmus. If this was hot toys or sideshow these figures would be called ver 2 and the only way to get the new head and accessories would be to buy a whole figure. Asmus at least gives people the chance to just purchase the expansion pack. I've never seen other 1/6 companies doing that.

Exactly! :lecture
I have the first versions, but I'm more than happy to buy the expansion packs. Thanks you Asmus!

I missed the original versions so I'm chuffed to be able to get them now, especially with the better heads!

I totally get that, but just because another company would do it worse, doesn’t mean it’s not frustrating to me to see a superior version released a couple of months after my original purchase. And even after spending extra on the expansion packs (all of which I have on order), I still see the slim versions getting stands which the originals do not.

Back