Asmus Toys : Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear Asmus could you give us an approximate time-frame when the slim version and upgrade pack will be available?
And are there proper pictures of painted Frodo and Sam new sculpts?
Thank you.

Will the headsculpts just be for sale or the full figures? I missed out on frodo and Sam :(

Did not realize Asmus made such a limited run of these figures. If I'm not mistaken, a little over 1,000. I believe when I got my box for Merry & Pippen, it was marked #xxx of 1,250.

I missed out on Sam/Frodo too (thought I had preordered but did not). I was considering getting them on the secondary market but listings for both don't come up that often. If Asmus is re-releasing them, it's probably better just to wait.

I'm praying this turns out. Looking good so far. Screenshot_20171029-080013.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Cancelled most of the Fellowship (Legolas, Aragorn & Boromir). But Frodo, Sam & Bilbo will join the collection. :clap

Cancelled most of the Fellowship (Legolas, Aragorn & Boromir). But Frodo, Sam & Bilbo will join the collection. :clap

I was about to dive into the Fellowship because Legolas, Boromir and Aragorn look great, but shelf space and too many other releases has made me rethink and settle on Frodo, Sam and Gandalf rereleases as my LOTR representation (and Gollum! Any rumblings on this one?) The early pics of Frodo and Sam v2.0 look promising!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was about to dive into the Fellowship because Legolas, Boromir and Aragorn look great, but shelf space and too many other releases has made me rethink and settle on Frodo, Sam and Gandalf rereleases as my LOTR representation (and Gollum! Any rumblings on this one?) The early pics of Frodo and Sam v2.0 look promising!

Same reasons why I cancelled. I have Gandalf and the 1/4 Neca Gollum for now; but Frodo & Bilbo are essential to represent the movie.

What accessories will these "Slim" versions remove from the Frodo/Sam set?

I was debating whether to hunt down the original set or just wait or the Slim... the sculpts look better on Frodo/Sam.

I own the original Merry and Pippin but the Slim versions have a much more expressive sculpt.

What accessories will these "Slim" versions remove from the Frodo/Sam set?

I was debating whether to hunt down the original set or just wait or the Slim... the sculpts look better on Frodo/Sam.

I own the original Merry and Pippin but the Slim versions have a much more expressive sculpt.

No Idea. I guess Frodo was rather a slim release so maybe we'll only get 1 cape. I guess a few pots and pans will be left out for Sam.

That looks fantastic! Asmus is really stepping up. I got Leggy a couple weeks ago and it's a brilliant figure. This looks on par.

Both Frodo and Sam expansion packs are up on Asmus website, Frodo comes with a metal sting!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordered! Thanks for the heads-up, D..C!

They look good and I'm really happy about the metal Sting!

I'm very puzzled about one thing, though: The new sculpts seem to be neckless. But the original Frodo and Sam sculpts are necked. I hope these expansion packs include a neck adapter. I don't want to see the Aragorn situation happen again.

Back