Asmus Toys: Elrond

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is among the best figures Asmus has produced for us in a while. My initial "out of the box" impression is that they really outdid themselves with this figure. I know some have concerns over the mixed hair type but I didn't find it an issue at all.

IMG_3200.jpgIMG_3201.jpgIMG_3202.jpg

He looks great! What a fantastic pop of color with that flag!

I haven't had any issues with the mixed hair figures they've done so far. (I don't have Tauriel on display, so there's a chance my opinion of her could have changed. But otherwise, everybody else looks very convincing.

Looking good! The armour looks great and that hair is nice too but the head and neck should be one piece to avoid that unsightly seam.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Looks fantastic TripleCP, thanks for sharing your pics! :hi5: Another great job by Asmus. Looking forward to adding him to the LOTR shelf. :yess:

Looking good! The armour looks great and that hair is nice too but the head and neck should be one piece to avoid that unsightly seam.

Yeah that neck seam bothers me a lot. I am fine with heads and necks not being one piece but I don’t remember the others being that glaring of a seam.

Pictures look great. I hope mine is not lost.

Mine shows as a bad tracking number on Chungwa, as well. USPS showed that a label had been created but it was not yet in their system. That's why I was pleasantly surprised when it was delivered this morning.

Well the neck is a bit harsh but I?m super happy with it for sure!

I must not be the only one but my Thranduil and gimli both have a big gap between the head and neck. Anyway to fix that? Am I suppose to push it down further to close the gap? I?ve never experienced that with any other 1/6 figure but initial impression was that I would break it if I pushed it on any further.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a funny thing but I barely noticed the neck/head issue until people here pointed it out, while others here have claimed they have no issue with the way Theoden's hairpiece attaches to his head while I though it really detracted from an otherwise excellent figure.

The visible joint line on Elrond will be partially concealed if you simply pull some of his hair forward so that it rests on the front of his shoulders (as he appears onscreen).

I wouldn't fret over the seam - because the neck is soft, just find a spacer or filler that can push the soft material out to fill the gap. I do it frequently and it makes the gap go away/makes the neck appear seamless.

The sculpt is really, really nice. Interesting resolution to the hair, too. Just my $0.02.

I wouldn't fret over the seam - because the neck is soft, just find a spacer or filler that can push the soft material out to fill the gap. I do it frequently and it makes the gap go away/makes the neck appear seamless.

The sculpt is really, really nice. Interesting resolution to the hair, too. Just my $0.02.

Huh, interesting, thanks for the tip

Good shout, I'll have to try that when I get the figure.

Looks nice.

I'm so tempted to use this head for a Agent Smith bash :lol

Is it possible to cut away that odd little lip of neck showing below the ear? I think it would help a lot. That or fatten up the neck.

Back