Asmus Toys: Elrond

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think he ever wears one. But the figure definitely doesn't come with one.

Just got mine this morning. Pretty fabulous looking.

Yeah, that’s what I thought, so a helmet wouldn’t make sense.
Mine is currently in customs; hoping to have it by the end of next week.

Overall, I think he looks fantastic. I may try the neck padding trick, though, to minimize that seam, but otherwise I have no complaints with this figure. Well done, Asmus! :clap

IMG_0716.jpg

My only TINY quibble is actually with the real costume design. I never noticed the pattern on his pants and underskirt before -- I don't think you can ever see it in the movie -- but on the figure it kind of jumps out as a little Riddler-esque. Don't you think? :lol

IMG_0717.jpg

Looking good fellas, keep those photos coming! I was gonna just order this from my local supplier but gonna have to pick up the war flag version directly from Asmus as it turned out great.

Can anyone who has the figure in hand tell if the body armour is solid plastic or soft rubber like the Theoden/Eomer armour? Cheers.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Looking good fellas, keep those photos coming! I was gonna just order this from my local supplier but gonna have to pick up the war flag version directly from Asmus as it turned out great.

Can anyone who has the figure in hand tell if the body armour is solid plastic or soft rubber like the Theoden/Eomer armour? Cheers.

It is PVC(soft)
becasue the armours are fairly thin, if we use hard plastic, it will have the risk of cracking.

The armor is somewhat soft and flexible, but it does restrict his range of motion. Like Eomer, the hip armor isn't going to let you get him into any crouching or horse-riding poses. But that's just fine for me as I wouldn't want to pose him like that anyway.

Just checked the tracking on my shipped Elrond and it got all of the way to my city but then the post office states, "Your item was returned to the sender on January 25, 2020 at 8:11 am ... because of an incomplete address."

Un-freakin-believable...

How can Asmus mess the address up?? I'll call the post office tomorrow AM and see if I can get it redirected. If not, Asmus has to resend me the figure on their dime.

Thanks for the info Bucky. The reason I asked is that I will want to try and tighten up the waist a little bit so it looks less barrel like and more slim and waist fitting as per the on screen version.

2c10a0b0aad0c8021c0857f5c78fbe36.jpg

Just checked the tracking on my shipped Elrond and it got all of the way to my city but then the post office states, "Your item was returned to the sender on January 25, 2020 at 8:11 am ... because of an incomplete address."

Un-freakin-believable...

How can Asmus mess the address up?? I'll call the post office tomorrow AM and see if I can get it redirected. If not, Asmus has to resend me the figure on their dime.

I wouldn’t get worried yet; I’ve had this happen before, and then have the package show up the next day. In many cases I think they (the post office) run out of time to deliver on the intended day, then mark it “undeliverable” as a place holder until the next day. I bet you get it today.

That band with the hologram ... I meant to bring that up earlier. It's a classy upgrade, I think. I assume that's the edition size and figure number on the right? So these are individually printed, I guess?

Has anyone had a close look at the hologram? I noticed it but kind of steamrolled past it to get to the figure. (Because when new toys come, I'm five years old and it's Christmas morning. :lol)

Back