Asmus Toys: Elrond

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh, mine says 101/1500 as well. I guess it doesn’t mean what I thought it did.
That band is a cool inclusion but if it doesn’t tell you the individual production number of your piece then it doesn’t really achieve anything. How many of us have 101?

Regardless this really is a triumph of a figure. I’m pretty pissed I didn’t get the flag-even though I have no space for it- but until Asmus learns how to send packages to the UK without them getting beaten to death and inciting the maximum customs charge then it’s just not worth it to buy from them.

The head sculpt seems to be a small leap forwards here so I’m really hoping the next Aragorn will look far more Viggo-esque. The 50/50 hair is a pretty smart way to get around the complicated braids the elves have. It’s a shame Asmus didn’t use this technique for Legolas but, here’s hoping we see a helms deep version of him down the line.

So, bring on some more Prologue Elven Warriors now please and Gil Galad has to be on the cards.
1D2635B9-8829-4975-8BBE-44E900792364.jpg
9EEF82DE-7B32-4750-BD5E-F2740D69B774.jpg
5BF8EC2E-3E6C-4F25-8A86-86E13DCC1D33.jpg
CA0D8720-92F2-475D-85E6-4BDF61E33E69.jpg

I wouldn?t get worried yet; I?ve had this happen before, and then have the package show up the next day. In many cases I think they (the post office) run out of time to deliver on the intended day, then mark it ?undeliverable? as a place holder until the next day. I bet you get it today.

Thanks, warlock. Its the first time something like this has happened to me.

I did contact the post office and get it rescheduled for delivery. What was strange is that the address appears to be correct, so I want to apologize to Asmus, as they got it right after all.

Elrond arrived out of nowhere (last tracking showed it had just left LA). (sorry for the bad phone pic, my camera battery died and is currently charging). This guy turned out awesome. (I did stuff the neck with some of the soft foam that the head was originally wrapped in, to make the neck fit the head sculpt better).

IMG_8243.jpg

That neck does look better, Stryker.

And it looks like there's going to be one specific pose for most of us. It is just too iconic.

Would love to see Asmus release generic Elven soldiers.

prologue elrond.jpg

Definitely Isildur as well.

Arrived today...best likeness Asmus has achieved to date!
would gladly pay a few extra dollars for a better shipping box however,
as mine arrived smashed (the box not the toy) again:gah:

The Lord of Rivendale has arrived.

I'd give this figure 7.5/10.

The cons...the sculpt is just a bit off. Close...but not quite there. What is even more odd...the little flair the head makes at the back of the neck. Like it dosent quite fit the post...but it does.

Also the silver "mithril" dicky and skirt are so thin...I'm concerned about thier longevity.

The underlying body is a little sift for my taste. Not floppy but not firm.

Pros:

Nice detail on the metal weapons. The rest of the outfit is quite nice. The banner flag is quite nice and stiff (Asmus exclusive).

Good shelf presence.

If they could have tweaked the sculpt and avoided the little plastic neck flair towards the back of the head...would be a 9.5.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Mine arrived yesterday. (and is N? 101 as well !) Really a gorgeous figure. The head is superb, the details on the face are crisp, the molding of the eyelids for an example is very neat. The chainmail looks a bit odd at short range but is perfect when you look at 60cm of the figure.
Here it is right out of the box, no futzing at all (just roughly pulled the strands of hair in front of his shoulders). This one will not need much work to look excellent, it already is very impressive and adds a new range of colours to the shelf.
:)

IMG_5567.JPG

IMG_5568.JPG

IMG_5569.JPG

IMG_5570.JPG

IMG_5550.JPG

If anyone is looking to get this guy and has not yet (this includes me)

I know TNS figures is a popular site to get these Asmus figures from.

Despite ordering loyally for them for the past couple of years I need to warn everyone about how terrible, unprofessional, irresponsible and pure *******s they are.
They ****ed up an order about as bad as you could (sent me an entirely different thing) and after a week of no response I had to open up a paypal case. Well the got their attention (as intended). They finally responded to me and I have never blatantly been disrespected as a customer so bad from anyone in my life. I can go into details and will in a separate post to warn people of the risk they are getting into from ordering with them. No apology or accountability from them, only insults towards me. And after all this I still don't have and won't get what I ordered.

Then two posts surfaced this week from custom artists claiming they have stolen their work and refuser to remove it from their site AND they use their names to promote it.

Buyer BEWARE. These guys are scam artists and scum.

buy from Asmus direct, Sideshow, Bigbad, KG or another trust retailer.

Received mine today and it is a gorgeous figure. Here?s hoping for more armored Elves, Rivendell knight, High Elven Warrior from Last Alliance, Mirkwood Infantry, any and all would be welcome additions.

I only have one issue. I cannot get Hadhafang to fit inside the scabbard, it seems too tight. Has anyone figured out how to get it to fit without stressing the scabbard? I have noticed it is splitting a bit when I try to push it through deeper. If anyone has similar issues and/or a fix I would be eternally grateful. For now I just have Elrond wielding it like others have done with display.

If anyone is looking to get this guy and has not yet (this includes me)

I know TNS figures is a popular site to get these Asmus figures from.

Despite ordering loyally for them for the past couple of years I need to warn everyone about how terrible, unprofessional, irresponsible and pure *******s they are.
They ****ed up an order about as bad as you could (sent me an entirely different thing) and after a week of no response I had to open up a paypal case. Well the got their attention (as intended). They finally responded to me and I have never blatantly been disrespected as a customer so bad from anyone in my life. I can go into details and will in a separate post to warn people of the risk they are getting into from ordering with them. No apology or accountability from them, only insults towards me. And after all this I still don't have and won't get what I ordered.

Then two posts surfaced this week from custom artists claiming they have stolen their work and refuser to remove it from their site AND they use their names to promote it.

Buyer BEWARE. These guys are scam artists and scum.

buy from Asmus direct, Sideshow, Bigbad, KG or another trust retailer.

THIS is good to know as I put down a deposit for their Red Skull figure and got the invoice today.
Might take the hit with the deposit.

Love this pic. Great shot of the scale of both characters, for those of you wanting a Sauron 1/6th scaled figure. I am fine with the SS/Weta statue but would definitely be interested in seeing what Asmus could do.

That scale is not correct. Sauron is closer to 8-9 feet tall not 12 feet. Elrond is 6 foot something.

That scale is not correct. Sauron is closer to 8-9 feet tall not 12 feet. Elrond is 6 foot something.

Yeah you?re right.

In the films he?s 9 feet 2.1 inches. Which matches Tolkien?s description of him being larger than a human but ?not gigantic?.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ever since it came out back in the early 2000's, I was always under the impression that the SS/Weta Sauron was 1/6th scale.

I would love to see a comparison between this helm and the one that came with Weta's Isildur statue. That would pretty much answer the question of scale.

Although certainly not official, Sideshow's Sauron diorama piece does show a gigantic Sauron fighting men and elves.

4661007350_716b6a6b50_b.jpg

Scales out about the same as the statue and Asmus figure posted above.

Back