Action Figure Asmus Toys: Devil May Cry 5 Dante

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also some facts itsuno actually liked DmC and that's why we have some bits from that game in DMC5. Dante also makes a reference to that game in his fight with Vergil. So regardless what you think DmC as a whole DMC5 is a bringing together of everything from it's history full circle. From not only the games, but the light novels, the mangas and the anime. All of that is why DMC5 is a great game. DmC isn't my cup of joe but I played it and to me it was fine gameplay wise. But I'll be damned if I don't say i prefer OG Dante. I fell in love with the series after playing DMC3 back in middle school and played the first two after that. DMC4 was great also and it did feel incomplete for me, but thankfully with DMC5 It's perfectly wrapped up. And I'm just glad we are getting 1/6th figures from the series.

What was the DmC reference in DMCV?

What was the DmC reference in DMCV?
I forgot who said what but if your in mid fight. Dante or Vergil will say "think you can beat me? not in a million years" the response (whoever it was) will basically says "save that until you win, If you can" I guess it's not a big reference but it's a cool little nod to their comments from old games especially DmC.

I forgot who said what but if your in mid fight. Dante or Vergil will say "think you can beat me? not in a million years" the response (whoever it was) will basically says "save that until you win, If you can" I guess it's not a big reference but it's a cool little nod to their comments from old games especially DmC.

I see. I never touched DmC, so I wouldn't know. Thanks for pointing that out though.

I see. I never touched DmC, so I wouldn't know. Thanks for pointing that out though.
Yeah there was a line in DmC during the first part were a white wig falls on Donte and he says " Not in a Million years" so that's were the reference comes from.

Are you really sure you just dont hate the game because you think of yourself as an "TRUE fan of the ORIGINAL dmc"?

You just read what you wanted to read from my post,I never said I hated it, I gave you a detailed reasoning as to why people hate it, and rightfully so. You never "wanted to know why people hate it".

Looking in your text you would never gave the game a real fighting chance

I did, as I said the game was okay, but it was worse than every other DMC game besides 2.
I played it and beat it, I also played the remastered version, which again removed terrible enemies, or lessened their prevalence, which you would know if you actually read my post. I liked it well enough when it came out, but it was only okay, the combo system was shallow, enemy attacks and patterns were incredibly basic, bosses besides Barb Barbas were completely braindead fights. This isn't saying anyhing about the story.

the DMCV is a mix of dmc4 and dmc:dmc, everything you hate in dmc:dmc is on DMCV

Completely false. The ONLY thing DMCV took from DmC was the music being tied to the rating system, and combo finisher when you beat the last enemy. I think it was called "Cinematic camera", and it was improved in DMCV as to not interfere with combat. And again I NEVER SAID I HATED IT.

and you love the new one just because is the "classic".
I love DMCV because it's a great game, where as DmC was a shallower version of the original in every way barring the dynamic music. If it's not explain why it's as good.

Speaking of the dmcV, i really want them to do the god of war(ps4) treatment on dante for the next game of the franchise, the formula was used to the max with the fifth game, the gameplay should evolve just like god of war(ps4) got evolved.
How was it used to the max? How can it go no further?

Also some facts itsuno actually liked DmC and that's why we have some bits from that game in DMC5. Dante also makes a reference to that game in his fight with Vergil.

He only said he liked it, if you listened to some of Rueben Langdon's interviews, Itsuno got pulled from Dragon's Dogma to work on DmC because Ninjatheory had some real bad problems with developing it, which is why lots of things like the moon and multiplayer got cut from that. He was actually going to leave the company before Capcom let him make DMCV.

https://www.pcgamer.com/capcoms-hid...evil-may-cry-according-to-dantes-voice-actor/

The reference for "not in a million years" was referenced because it was infamous for pissing off die hard fans. Tameem himself thought Dante looked ridiculous and I'll use these official DmC stills to show you what he really thought of Devil May Cry.

View attachment 477199

Not to fuel the debate, but something that came to my mind at the time that i had forgot in my prior post was the final boss fight in DMC:dmc against Vergil and DMCV level 19 against Vergil feels super similar to the point where playing DMCV it felt like a ripoff of the DMC:dmc final boss and not an homage to 3. The setting, escalating music, move set and then the final phase of both fights is Vergil summoning a doppelganger. I think DMCV took alot more from the Reboot than people think.

Maybe im not authority on saying what is and isnt something due to my relative newness but i find it interesting and kind of fun to read the views of people who came in before and after the Reboot to see what peoples takes are on the franchise. I must also note that all though i played the Demo for DMC:dmc when it came out i never bought the game until the remastered version came out that had apparently more changed from the original game then i knew.

But in regards to topic on hand, if Asmus was to make figures from DMC:dmc i think id actually be interested. Especially Vergil. I have a soft spot for Vergils jacket, it might even be my favourite jacket in any of the DMC universes. So to have a nicely tailored small toy version of that id be all for.

You just read what you wanted to read from my post,I never said I hated it, I gave you a detailed reasoning as to why people hate it, and rightfully so. You never "wanted to know why people hate it".

I did, as I said the game was okay, but it was worse than every other DMC game besides 2.
I played it and beat it, I also played the remastered version, which again removed terrible enemies, or lessened their prevalence, which you would know if you actually read my post. I liked it well enough when it came out, but it was only okay, the combo system was shallow, enemy attacks and patterns were incredibly basic, bosses besides Barb Barbas were completely braindead fights. This isn't saying anyhing about the story.

Completely false. The ONLY thing DMCV took from DmC was the music being tied to the rating system, and combo finisher when you beat the last enemy. I think it was called "Cinematic camera", and it was improved in DMCV as to not interfere with combat. And again I NEVER SAID I HATED IT.

I love DMCV because it's a great game, where as DmC was a shallower version of the original in every way barring the dynamic music. If it's not explain why it's as good.

How was it used to the max? How can it go no further?

He only said he liked it, if you listened to some of Rueben Langdon's interviews, Itsuno got pulled from Dragon's Dogma to work on DmC because Ninjatheory had some real bad problems with developing it, which is why lots of things like the moon and multiplayer got cut from that. He was actually going to leave the company before Capcom let him make DMCV.

https://www.pcgamer.com/capcoms-hid...evil-may-cry-according-to-dantes-voice-actor/

The reference for "not in a million years" was referenced because it was infamous for pissing off die hard fans. Tameem himself thought Dante looked ridiculous and I'll use these official DmC stills to show you what he really thought of Devil May Cry.

View attachment 477199
If you read what I wrote all i said was that he liked the game, I know the story and the facts. my comment is just saying that not everything in DmC was bad and that DMC5 as a game brings things in from it's history even the bad parts we had to deal with. I didn't think of putting down an entire article on why dmc5 was made and such.

I know when I've said that I'd buy any Vergil or Dante they make that includes DMC. I know theres a lot of really vocal detractors of the game but I've never had a clear grasp if its a legit majority or a very vocal minority. It may not be "classic" Devil May Cry but it was a neat alternate take, especially in retrospect now that the series has returned to the "original" versions of the characters.

I know theres a lot of really vocal detractors of the game but I've never had a clear grasp if its a legit majority or a very vocal minority.
I think its just a vocal minority. Which is fine. The response i got in a message on the last page replying to what i said is everything i liked about the game telling me its everything thats wrong with the game is the usual response when this topic comes up. Its just comes across like blind defending the original when you are telling people what you like you arent allowed to like. For example, I could bring up in DMC:dmc that you are always changing locations the entire game, your combat music is always changing, and you have levels which are warped versions of reality with really creative ways to get around the level and the grapple mechanic is super fun and the platforming in general is far superior. Contrast that with DMC V and you could say you just run around the streets for 7 levels, sewers a few levels and generic clythoth locations and in some cases you play the same stage as different characters and the final boss fight is literally the same boss twice in a row and you have the same battle music every level that might stop or start 15 times over the course of 15 minutes making it really tedious... but it would be discredited by saying stuff like " sniper abortion " ( and then at the same time saying 3 is far more mature even though it was like a cartoon ) completely invalidating the discussion.

But eh, i watch people playing Resident Evil modern games on youtube then go to the originals and hate them so much they can barely play through 1 game and that gets me salty too. But sometimes people need an entry game into a franchise in which it is maybe easy to play, it maybe does look flashier, it maybe does have a simple story for first timers. Some people just need to accept not every game is made for them.

Last edited:
Gameplay wise . Dmc wasn?t that bad but dino and vino were terrible characters. I didn?t mind the revamped look at all but the way the characters acted and talked was cringeworthy. Glad they killed that franchise. Capcom was stupid to reboot dmc with such a plain try hard protagonist.

Anyways I'm still waiting for DMC1 Dante and Trish. Definitely want the look that started it all.

New image of the proto on their site. They still got some corrections to do. I think so far it looks good. We know they will change the shirt color, and buckle color but I'm noticing the boots should have brass/gold buckles instead of silver. 83872397_10156630784006968_8173639900378169344_o.jpg

New image of the proto on their site. They still got some corrections to do. I think so far it looks good. We know they will change the shirt color, and buckle color but I'm noticing the boots should have brass/gold buckles instead of silver.

In my opinion, they weren't ready for color-changing shirts and belt buckles,
and official photos would also have been modified with Photoshop.

At least that picture is not taken a long time ago.

The official photos have been changed in color, so they will be corrected accordingly.
But their careless behavior like this makes us nervous and confused.

In my opinion, they weren't ready for color-changing shirts and belt buckles,
and official photos would also have been modified with Photoshop.

At least that picture is not taken a long time ago.

The official photos have been changed in color, so they will be corrected accordingly.
But their careless behavior like this makes us nervous and confused.
Yup not to mention they still need to show off the new sets of hands that are accurate for the figure. The ones in the promo images and here are reused from dmc4 and dmc3 dante just slightly repainted.

King Cerberus as their shop exclusive makes it a no-brainer for me where to get him. If you get the Luxury Ed direct from Asmus you get all of his equippable melee weapons with the exception of Cavaliere (which would probably make this cost an extra $100 anyway so no thanks) in DMC5, that is AWESOME. If there was ever a figure that needed to let you pose with several accessories, it's a DMC figure.

King Cerberus as their shop exclusive makes it a no-brainer for me where to get him. If you get the Luxury Ed direct from Asmus you get all of his equippable melee weapons with the exception of Cavaliere (which would probably make this cost an extra $100 anyway so no thanks) in DMC5, that is AWESOME. If there was ever a figure that needed to let you pose with several accessories, it's a DMC figure.

You're right.
So I did pre-order in asmus online store for the first time.

After considering a number of things, I thought missing King Cerberus would be a huge risk.

Just finished DMC5 last night and I'm inclined to agree. That was one of my favorite boss battles and its such a hilariously awesome weapon. But on the other hand, I rarely re-pose my figs and may end up opting for standard lol. I hate how there are so many options on this release.

Off topic: Is Vergil coming soon? He was so sick in 5.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'd like a longer hair with scruff headsculpt for Dante which he has for most part of the game. The current headsculpt lasted for one level only. Also, an additional headsculpt with glowing red eyes for super Dante would be nice.

I would definitely would like the Sin Devil Trigger form in 1/6 figure. Hell, even a 1/12 scale would be nice as nobody has bothered to create their devil trigger forms in figure form.

Back