Action Figure Asmus Toys: Devil May Cry 5 Dante

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like this received_477332466487353.jpeg

I take it there is reason for you to get it at KGH? You will be getting king Cerberus though so I think it's a win.

So:
+ good prices in HKD (I mean: when my currency PLN is converting to HKD not USD I pay less :D). I hope you know what I mean.
+ fast shipment, packages from them arrive in 1, max 2 weeks
+ never had any additional taxes to pay

- sometimes I have to wait a little bit longer for the figure "in stock", for example: Dante in Q4 2020

About Cereberus, cool additional accesory but it will be laying on the figure stand together with Devil Sword.

I would really love to have Sparda sword but I don't think that paying extra 70$ is worth it (yes I know it comes also with Barlog armor, but this one would stay in the box), maybe after some time I will find this sword on eBay :lol

I will display him with the guns in his hands, Rebelion on the back and Cereberus, Devil Swor will by laying on the figure stand.

Maybe a little bit. But I like it more when it's shorter :D. I would say the boots are to short, for example:

20200121_174618_074__90016.1579726143.1000.1200.png

So:
+ good prices in HKD (I mean: when my currency PLN is converting to HKD not USD I pay less :D). I hope you know what I mean.

- sometimes I have to wait a little bit longer for the figure "in stock", for example: Dante in Q4 2020

About Cereberus, cool additional accesory but it will be laying on the figure stand together with Devil Sword.

I would really love to have Sparda sword but I don't think that paying extra 70$ is worth it (yes I know it comes also with Barlog armor, but this one would stay in the box), maybe after some time I will find this sword on eBay :lol

I will display him with the guns in his hands, Rebelion on the back and Cereberus, Devil Swor will by laying on the figure stand.

Maybe a little bit. But I like it more when it's shorter :D. I would say the boots are to short, for example:

looks like it's shorter in the first pic and the same size in the second. Boots being the opposite, it's strange, but I'd say both are within margins of error. It's the best work by Asmus yet. Can't wait to see them do DMC4 Nero, DMC 1+2 Dante, Trish, Sparda, and if they can manage it obscure guys like Gilver and Alastor.

So:

I get what your saying. Lol yeah Idk I got the exclusive but also PO the regular on BBTS just in case I only want one or the other I think I agree with you I might have him holding DSD some days and Rebellion others or Ebony and Ivory. But for length I think it looks fine I do agree the boots might be to short or it could just be the length of the legs. I'm super happy with this figure and hope final product looks even better.

Even then, I don't think I'd drop 200 on her. Kyrie on her own just has a white dress and a necklace, so maybe if they included her in Nero's luxury edition it might be worth it if it was reasonable. Should be doable because it's just one dress with minimal sculpting or extra tailoring. As you said, she only works with him.

I honestly think that's what they might do. Released DMC4 Nero and Kyrie as a set makes sense, especially as Kyrie is a large part of his character in that game, and I'd actually be tempted to get the luxury edition then. I've not been too tempted by the luxury editions of Vergil or Dante so far.

I honestly think that's what they might do. Released DMC4 Nero and Kyrie as a set makes sense, especially as Kyrie is a large part of his character in that game, and I'd actually be tempted to get the luxury edition then. I've not been too tempted by the luxury editions of Vergil or Dante so far.

Really? Not even Vergil's? It is nice with that lamp post that lights up, about the only one I was tempted to get. Still annoyed not a single Dante came with the Coyote-A shotgun.

Really? Not even Vergil's? It is nice with that lamp post that lights up, about the only one I was tempted to get.

I have Vergil from the first run. If I didn't already have him, maybe it would be tempting? Hard to know. I did think about buying, but never pulled the trigger in the end because it's hard to justify just for some stairs and additional weapons. If the set had come with a back drop that resembled the top of the tower in DMC3, or just somewhere more recognizable for the series, I would definitely have gotten him again though. I am going to to keep an eye out on the second hand market for the Beowulf weapons though.

I think I'm in the minority, but I'd actually really like a Dante from DmC. While the gameplay is much simpler the game itself is actually pretty fun. And I actually kind of like his character design. If every other Dante gets made, then I would want him on my shelf just to complete everything.

I think I'm in the minority, but I'd actually really like a Dante from DmC. While the gameplay is much simpler the game itself is actually pretty fun. And I actually kind of like his character design. If every other Dante gets made, then I would want him on my shelf just to complete everything.

You're not alone, but I'm sure we're still in the minority.
I personally liked DmC for what it was.
It was shallow but still fun.
I loved the character designs...maybe because they were so different.
I likes playing as a Dante who wasnt the Dante we know and love...yet.
Vergil was decent as well, and the ending was cool even though I figured something like his turn was going to happen.
I liked that they made them identical twins, but their styles and demeanor was so different.

I'd love to see asmus do Dante and Vergil from DmC, but I dont know if they will make it.

Personal preference, I'm not a fan of his look here. I preferred the longer hair, beard look.
His hair in the beginning of the game was too short for my personal taskes. It just looked off. Like Shawn Michaels circa 2002 survivor series and his awful short haircut. Just looked bad and off...
But that's just my opinion.
I'd pay a bit more for 2 headsculpts just to have the options.

Personal preference, I'm not a fan of his look here. I preferred the longer hair, beard look.
His hair in the beginning of the game was too short for my personal taskes. It just looked off. Like Shawn Michaels circa 2002 survivor series and his awful short haircut. Just looked bad and off...
But that's just my opinion.
I'd pay a bit more for 2 headsculpts just to have the options.
I was talking about the jacket length more so. The hair is better longer with beard, so them doing that was a better option.

In fact, one of the reasons why fans expressed great anger at the DmC is that it is not a sequel but a reboot that has been waiting for five years since the DMC4, I think.
Even more so, as Reboot came out in the form of ignoring what we previously loved on DMC.

But now that DMC5 is out, I think DmC is a very charming relative of the Devil May Cry series.
Compared to the previous series, it is also true that the story is clear and the characters also have their own charm.

Therefore, I am willing to buy DmC if asmus make it. :)

I was talking about the jacket length more so. The hair is better longer with beard, so them doing that was a better option.

And I think it's probably a body problem that the coat looks shorter.

Asmus adjusts clothes to their narrow shoulders body,
the overall scale seems to be slightly scaled down and short.

Furthermore, DMC5 Dante's coat is the shortest in the series.

Even more so, as Reboot came out in the form of ignoring what we previously loved on DMC.
This is what i dont get with the OG DMC fans. I love the franchise too, but i didnt get into it until 2018 after 1-4 & DMC:dmc were out so i cant pretend i was there on the ground floor.

But to me before DMC5 came out i just looked at DMC:dmc for what it was, great gameplay, great level design, great enemies, fun to play, simple but decent story and great music. I had to " accept " that people hated the game purely for the cursing, mature themes and short haircuts. And then DMCV came out, with Nero having the Donte haircut, The Donte shorter more realistic jacket, dropping F-bombs and being broody the entire game but apparently everybody loved that they 180'd Nero's character in that way for some reason. So now i am at a total loss for the reason DMC:dmc is reviled. As a game its solid, all the stuff people hated in it were added to 5 including all the levels having roots growing everywhere and enemy introductions.

The only things i can think of that are grasping at straws was that Vergil had a fedora until it was patched out, Donte said " never in a million years " when he donned the white wig which people think was a shot at the OG Dante ( even though in DMC:dmc itself Donte ended up growing the long white hair ), and when the fans wouldnt shut up kicking up a fuss they were making the game the director said original Dante looked like a gay cowboy.

DMC:dmc is one thing i cant get my head around being hated. I guess its just hated because of spite.

This is what i dont get with the OG DMC fans. I love the franchise too, but i didnt get into it until 2018 after 1-4 & DMC:dmc were out so i cant pretend i was there on the ground floor.

But to me before DMC5 came out i just looked at DMC:dmc for what it was, great gameplay, great level design, great enemies, fun to play, simple but decent story and great music. I had to " accept " that people hated the game purely for the cursing, mature themes and short haircuts. And then DMCV came out, with Nero having the Donte haircut, The Donte shorter more realistic jacket, dropping F-bombs and being broody the entire game but apparently everybody loved that they 180'd Nero's character in that way for some reason. So now i am at a total loss for the reason DMC:dmc is reviled. As a game its solid, all the stuff people hated in it were added to 5 including all the levels having roots growing everywhere and enemy introductions.

The only things i can think of that are grasping at straws was that Vergil had a fedora until it was patched out, Donte said " never in a million years " when he donned the white wig which people think was a shot at the OG Dante ( even though in DMC:dmc itself Donte ended up growing the long white hair ), and when the fans wouldnt shut up kicking up a fuss they were making the game the director said original Dante looked like a gay cowboy.

DMC:dmc is one thing i cant get my head around being hated. I guess its just hated because of spite.

Enemy design and level design was terrible, combos didn't matter, and you got through it by spamming attacks. It was also far from "mature" just lots of cursing and a ridiculous scene where Vergil shows up in a used mazda with his initials printed on it then performs an abortion via sniper rifle. DMC3 had way more mature themes than DmC ever did.

Visually it was striking in only some areas, and most of the combat was a step down besides DMC2. You also have to understand that the guy running the show, Tameem, crapped on original devil may cry fans while the gaming media outlets did the same, and he also put his own face on Dante. That's not a joke, he did that and Capcom had to step in to make the team change it.

The roasting of the original fan base caused the game to sell extremely poorly, and almost got the franchise cancelled forever. This is despite pulling Itsuno off Dragon's Dogma to come in and try and salvage that game. The final edition that old okay was the final result of fixing some egregious fights, and the sales numbers of the original and the complete version were dwarfed by DMC4:SE's sales despite being just a remaster with a few new characters. Itsuno himself was going to leave capcom until they let him do DMCV and save the franchise. If you don't notice the drop in combat quality from all entries in the series versus DmC I don't know what to tell you. It was an okay game, but nowhere near most of the originals, and the treatment of the ip and of the fans of that ip was appalling.

tl;dr
DmC was an inferior version of Devil May Cry in most ways barring some very minor things they wound up using in DMCV, the game nearly killed the franchise, and it was sold as a **** you to the original fans.

Enemy design and level design was terrible, combos didn't matter, and you got through it by spamming attacks. It was also far from "mature" just lots of cursing and a ridiculous scene where Vergil shows up in a used mazda with his initials printed on it then performs an abortion via sniper rifle. DMC3 had way more mature themes than DmC ever did.

Visually it was striking in only some areas, and most of the combat was a step down besides DMC2. You also have to understand that the guy running the show, Tameem, crapped on original devil may cry fans while the gaming media outlets did the same, and he also put his own face on Dante. That's not a joke, he did that and Capcom had to step in to make the team change it.

The roasting of the original fan base caused the game to sell extremely poorly, and almost got the franchise cancelled forever. This is despite pulling Itsuno off Dragon's Dogma to come in and try and salvage that game. The final edition that old okay was the final result of fixing some egregious fights, and the sales numbers of the original and the complete version were dwarfed by DMC4:SE's sales despite being just a remaster with a few new characters. Itsuno himself was going to leave capcom until they let him do DMCV and save the franchise. If you don't notice the drop in combat quality from all entries in the series versus DmC I don't know what to tell you. It was an okay game, but nowhere near most of the originals, and the treatment of the ip and of the fans of that ip was appalling.

tl;dr
DmC was an inferior version of Devil May Cry in most ways barring some very minor things they wound up using in DMCV, the game nearly killed the franchise, and it was sold as a **** you to the original fans.

Are you really sure you just dont hate the game because you think of yourself as an "TRUE fan of the ORIGINAL dmc"?
Looking in your text you would never gave the game a real fighting chance, the DMCV is a mix of dmc4 and dmc:dmc, everything you hate in dmc:dmc is on DMCV and you love the new one just because is the "classic".
Speaking of the dmcV, i really want them to do the god of war(ps4) treatment on dante for the next game of the franchise, the formula was used to the max with the fifth game, the gameplay should evolve just like god of war(ps4) got evolved.

And I think it's probably a body problem that the coat looks shorter.

Asmus adjusts clothes to their narrow shoulders body,
the overall scale seems to be slightly scaled down and short.

Furthermore, DMC5 Dante's coat is the shortest in the series.
Yeah that's what i figured was the problem. After seeing proper side by side comparison I'm alright with it. And I agree Dante's coat was a bit shorter then DMC1, 2,3,4. Not counting DmC Dante.

DMC and DmC, I don't think this debate will be settled for life.

People tend to like what they see for the first time,
and they can't agree with each other if they have different contacts.

Certainly, DmC had some good systems, which made it used as DMC5.
It is also true that the clean story and easy action systems have brought in new users.

Unless you have a bad feeling about the DmC,
you can't disparage all of the DmC's achievements.

And you can't compare DmC Dante with Nero.
We cannot treat them the same simply because they are similar in appearance.

Nero is a character who became persuasive after DMC4 and DMC5,
and he has own history.

But DmC Dante made no convincing changes because he was a reboot.
Of course there's a difference in perception.

And crucially, Nero is not Dante. There is no reason to compare.
If DMC5 Dante had changed that way, I could agree with you, But it's not.

I'm not saying DmC is a bad piece of work.
I just want to say, we have no choice but to look at the two(DmC and DMC) in a different way.

This is because we have different memories and opinions.

Unless each other tries to acknowledge each other's deficiencies,
there will be no understanding for life.

Also some facts itsuno actually liked DmC and that's why we have some bits from that game in DMC5. Dante also makes a reference to that game in his fight with Vergil. So regardless what you think DmC as a whole DMC5 is a bringing together of everything from it's history full circle. From not only the games, but the light novels, the mangas and the anime. All of that is why DMC5 is a great game. DmC isn't my cup of joe but I played it and to me it was fine gameplay wise. But I'll be damned if I don't say i prefer OG Dante. I fell in love with the series after playing DMC3 back in middle school and played the first two after that. DMC4 was great also and it did feel incomplete for me, but thankfully with DMC5 It's perfectly wrapped up. And I'm just glad we are getting 1/6th figures from the series.

Back