Action Figure Asmus Toys: Devil May Cry 3: Vergil 1:6 Scale Collectible figure (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the figure looks amazing and can over look the whole hair issue. you can look at the figure and you know it is vergil and not someone as vergil. one or two hair pieces placed on the sculpt would push it over the top, but it doesnt make me not want to buy the figure as I have been waiting years for a good 1/6 scale vergil.

I'm not sure if I would consider the hair a deal breaker, but it's exactly like you said: "[The figure] looks amazing otherwise." I would always be reminded of how close Asmus got to a brilliant DMC3 Vergil representation.

For example, Snake, you have an AMAZING Resident Evil figure collection (seriously, if anyone here hasn't yet seen pics of Snake's collection in the RE thread, you should really check them out). I imagine that you would want as much accuracy as possible when it comes to the representations of your most-beloved characters from the RE universe, especially when you know that the manufacturer is completely capable of pulling it off. To me, DMC3 Vergil isn't just the coolest thing about the entire DMC saga (and there was plenty of cool things in there), he was the emotional backbone that was missing in DMC1 and 4. Vergil is one of my favorite characters in all of gaming, so isn't it understandable why someone like me would feel passionate about Asmus's opportunity to truly knock this one out of the park?

I think you're completely right about the reference, Bio. But why, then, release the figure under DMC3's banner instead of DMC4's? More importantly, while it's totally cool to create a DMC4SE Vergil, it shouldn't substitute a figure of DMC3 Vergil. DMC3 is the game that popularized him and defined his character, after all. That's why I suggested that Asmus produce a Luxury Edition Vergil that accurately recreates him from DMC3. The tailoring is perfect already, so the only additional element asked of manufacturing would be newly sculpted hair (and maybe a unique stand/base for consistency's sake with DMC4 Dante's Luxury edition).

In terms of ensuring the sculpt's realism when compared to other lifelike 1/6 figures, I don't think sculpting game-accurate hair would compromise anything. The current face looks thoroughly human and would not have to change, and it's possible to successfully mimic the hairstyle from the game in real life, so a 1/6 version of it remains feasible visually.

devil_may_cry_3_cosplay___vergil_by_aoki_lifestream-d6552by.jpg

The importance of DMC3 Vergil's in-game hair is that it's the same as Dante's but pushed back. The comparison is comparable to Goku's hair versus SSJ Goku's hair; both of them are the same length, but SSJ's is simply positioned differently (there's a dirty joke in there somewhere but I'm not going to make it :wink1:).

As the two brothers' battle in the rain showed, Vergil looks identical to Dante when his hair drapes downward.

LankyShoddyBedlingtonterrier-size_restricted.gif

That's something very important because it exemplifies a core aspect of Vergil's character: his aesthetic and behavioral differences with Dante are, in fact, less pronounced than he'd like to think they are. This irony drives home the reality that the bond of brotherhood the twins share is something beyond their control -- they are the halves of their parents' legacy. Ergo: the necklace, which would make for a neat accessory, btw.

DMC4SE Vergil (or at least the prototype fig based on him), on the other hand, has hair that is much more uniform and looks less like an alteration of Dante's and more like an independent style, which unfortunately dampens the meaning behind DMC3 Vergil's appearance.

Hahaha I don't know that anyone is being a D; we totally respect one another and totally respect Asmus. :duff

I hear ya on all that. and trust me, I'm not saying you're wrong by any means. I'm just throwing out there what I think is going on...

...And that is licensing and production. There's a million different variables that go into making a product. Asmus may have done several sculpts of Vergil, but this was the only one that got approval from Capcom. Capcom could have mandated which references Asmus had to use and which game to market it under. Maybe multilayered hair isn't cost effective (okay this one is unlikely :lol) There's so many behind the scenes things that happen that we'll never see or hear about. And it's crazy the amount of decisions have to go into making a product. It really is nuts sometimes and for the branding, it just makes more sense to market is as DMC3 version. You could market is under the DMC4 banner but then you'd have even more questions and confusion.

You'll see other companies do it. If you've seen that Worldbox Resident Evil Nemesis figure..it doesn't really look like any one representation of Nemesis, in fact there's even aspects of the movie version in his sculpt...but they market it as a Resident Evil 3 figure. Hot Toys does it too. They released the diecast Iron Man mark 6 under the Avengers banner but it has battle damage patterns from Iron Man 2. Or their new Gamora figure. She looks the same in Guardians 2 and Infinity War but they marketed her under the Guardians 2 banner even though it maybe would have made more sense to label it Infinity War... the latter being a hotter property. But who knows what the licensing agreement is. Then there was First 4 Figures who are making a Solid Snake statue and they couldn't even give him his signature SOCOM due to licensing. So they just made up a look a like gun :lol :dunno It can get really convoluted.

And nah. you guys aren't being dicks :lol I'm mostly referencing the people who drop into a thread...say something is "hot garbage" and that's it. That hasn't happened yet though :lol :duff

Asmus has nothing but respect from me. They really do go out of their way to try to provide the best collectible possible. Sure, they’ve had to go back and improve upon old sculpts, but so has Hot Toys.

The biggest thing with Asmus, and they get huge props for this, is they actually LEARN from their mistakes. Hot Toys will keep doing the same **** over and over again, and it’s because they know people will buy it anyway. They’ll keep using the same shoddy materials or the same useless, ugly articulation, or the same erroneous manufacturing process, for example.

It’s a breath of fresh air when Hot Toys finally listens to us. It shouldn’t be that way. I hope one day they can get back to valuing what they do as much as the smaller guys, like Asmus. Hell, even ThreeZero. The latter is a bit rough around the edges, but hopefully it’ll smooth out eventually.

Asmus definitely learns and listens. That's why I keep saying you guys should speak up if you don't like something... I mean, they already dropped into this thread here to answer the removable coat question. That's pretty awesome of them.

...Having said that, if Asmus makes a new sculpt because of all your feedback...and it's worse. I'm gonna be mad at y'all :lol

Last edited:
View attachment 412169

Unfortunately, we go with a double joint eblowed body, so if you take off the coat, he will look really ugly...
A compromise we had to make on poseability

is double joint elbow the old Hot Toys & Dragon type, or the newer Enterbay round type joint? because IMO round joint has a balance between aesthetic & articulation, while old joint has superb poseability it can look unnatural even with sleeves on.

Asmus definitely learns and listens. That's why I keep saying you guys should speak up if you don't like something... I mean, they already dropped into this thread here to answer the removable coat question. That's pretty awesome of them.

...Having said that, if Asmus makes a new sculpt because of all your feedback...and it's worse. I'm gonna be mad at y'all :lol

I think they have precedence where they might just give you both. Their Ace Ventura came with both the original and redone sculpt.

I think they have precedence where they might just give you both. Their Ace Ventura came with both the original and redone sculpt.

That would be great. My only worry there is that I don’t think Ace Ventura was officially licensed. Thy just called it Pet Detective. Asmus could do whatever they wanted with it. If it was an official product the licensor may not have allowed/approved two sculpts....or they would have had to pay more licensing fees which would result in a higher priced figure. Which like someone mentioned here already...they could offer a “luxury” version with two sculpts.

Im not complaining, but did anyone notice the price went up via BBTS.com? Dante was/is $189.99 USD for the standard while Vergil is $204.99. Still, not complaining as we are getting a good figure for way less than Hot Toys, and Asmus actually listens to the community/fans who buy their products and take their suggestions to mind, unlike Hot Toys.

I cant want to get mine. Also cant wait to see the other characters as I am honestly going to buy them all.

im noticing that a lot lately. maybe it's because I am more open to buying from other vendors outside the US and what not. but yeah, not a huge mark up but a mark up still

also...I wanting to order Dante.
Sideshow has him with payment plan but the shipping, like always, is ridiculous.
BBTS.com has it as well, shipping is normal.

basically, has there been any QC issues with Dante to where I should worry about either sites customer service just in case I need to get the figure replaced?

Yeah. His sword. The pommel spikes appear to be extremely fragile, judging by what I saw in the five or ten minutes I spent handling the figure, prior to throwing him up on the shelf. We’re talking on a level that might make papier-mâché look good. Be warned.

Im not complaining, but did anyone notice the price went up via BBTS.com? Dante was/is $189.99 USD for the standard while Vergil is $204.99. Still, not complaining as we are getting a good figure for way less than Hot Toys, and Asmus actually listens to the community/fans who buy their products and take their suggestions to mind, unlike Hot Toys.

I cant want to get mine. Also cant wait to see the other characters as I am honestly going to buy them all.

why not get directly from us,
we sell for $199.95, but it includes a world-wide shipping.

I pre-ordered Vergil from you guys as well as Dante. I also had your older Nero and Dante, but sold them last year in preparation of these new releases.

I have your old Kazuma Kiryu from Yakuza, but I would like to echo the other poster earlier in this thread: Are you guys considering redoing the Yakuza series as well? Especially now that the Yakuza franchise is more popular and mainstream?

ill have to check it out.
I mainly preorder though bbts.com and others because I dont have to pay all of it up front for the item. a certain percentage deposit or pay when it comes out helps me save up money for it.

do you guys pack the stuffs securely to avoid damage and are you guys willing to send as gift and lower the value? this would be a game changer for folks deciding on whether to buy direct overseas or from a local store at higher cost due to customs.

do you guys pack the stuffs securely to avoid damage and are you guys willing to send as gift and lower the value? this would be a game changer for folks deciding on whether to buy direct overseas or from a local store at higher cost due to customs.

....:slap

Back