Action Figure Asmus Toys: Devil May Cry 3: Vergil 1:6 Scale Collectible figure (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone found that the coat for the first release Vergil has begun to wear away? The colour of the blue has worn down to the orange underneath in places for me. Seemingly without contact too :/?

20200828_203828.jpg

It's pretty much all over and I think it's the paint wearing away rather than fading in the sun. I usually switch up what figures are on display, so they're not in the sun often. Disappointing, will have to source another coat D: I did always want to commission an actual silk one... so I guess this will motivate me ;P

Has anyone found that the coat for the first release Vergil has begun to wear away? The colour of the blue has worn down to the orange underneath in places for me. Seemingly without contact too :/?

View attachment 494205

It's pretty much all over and I think it's the paint wearing away rather than fading in the sun. I usually switch up what figures are on display, so they're not in the sun often. Disappointing, will have to source another coat D: I did always want to commission an actual silk one... so I guess this will motivate me ;P
I believe they call that "weathering". Lol the coat comes that way so it's not getting damaged if you can believe it. You'll find the same stuff around the sleeves and shoulders.

Thanks Luisenigma1 for the explaination! It is indeed also around the shoulders and sleeves... it's pretty much everywhere. So weird, I don't remember seeing it as noticably before! The whole coat just seems... less brilliant blue in colour and seems to have dulled to my eyes :/ I figured it was the colour wearing away to the orange, but perhaps it just needs a gentle dust/maintenance. It's reassuring to hear it's 'supposed' to come this way and not that I've damaged it somehow. Weird I missed the weathering before, but I can believe it of myself :p

vergilcoatcomp.jpg

I am moving ahead with trying to get something closer to how I see the colour in the original game. I love the coat that comes with the Asmus figure, it has so many of the original details done accurately, and I appreciate the leather-like material was probably chosen due to scale, but I am curious to see if I can get something a little closer to how I imagined it to be in DMC3. I always imagined it to be more of a colder blue, icy in tone.

Thanks Luisenigma1 for the explaination! It is indeed also around the shoulders and sleeves... it's pretty much everywhere. So weird, I don't remember seeing it as noticably before! The whole coat just seems... less brilliant blue in colour and seems to have dulled to my eyes :/ I figured it was the colour wearing away to the orange, but perhaps it just needs a gentle dust/maintenance. It's reassuring to hear it's 'supposed' to come this way and not that I've damaged it somehow. Weird I missed the weathering before, but I can believe it of myself :p

View attachment 494243

I am moving ahead with trying to get something closer to how I see the colour in the original game. I love the coat that comes with the Asmus figure, it has so many of the original details done accurately, and I appreciate the leather-like material was probably chosen due to scale, but I am curious to see if I can get something a little closer to how I imagined it to be in DMC3. I always imagined it to be more of a colder blue, icy in tone.
Glad I could help, wanted to put your mind at ease. Asmus work on the coats leather/pleather since DMC 4 Dante has been great, they created a new type of synthetic leather that is durable and can last for 10 years that alone is better the what HT can achieve with their own leather. So your Vergil is good. Though I don't own him personally I was hoping they do him from DMC 5 as his coat in that seems to be more black silk or velvet rather then leather.

View attachment 494205

check the underside, it maybe the orange part is sewn together up to that area which seems possible judging the sewing lines.

@ Luisenigma1 Glad the material lasts that long! Dante's coat great, hoping that stays good as long as possible :D! Also hoping they do DMC5 Vergil, the costume looks great in game, would love a figure version. Fingers crossed!

@potato Most of the coat is lined with some patterend orange material, but I also think the problem is that under of the blue paint color of 'pleather' like material is also orange. Not sure why, personally it's a bit distracting for the outside of the coat as they're very contrasting materials. Maybe it's to help the inside be brighter?

@ Luisenigma1 Glad the material lasts that long! Dante's coat great, hoping that stays good as long as possible :D! Also hoping they do DMC5 Vergil, the costume looks great in game, would love a figure version. Fingers crossed!

@potato Most of the coat is lined with some patterend orange material, but I also think the problem is that under of the blue paint color of 'pleather' like material is also orange. Not sure why, personally it's a bit distracting for the outside of the coat as they're very contrasting materials. Maybe it's to help the inside be brighter?

anyway better the orange staining the blue than the other way round.

Back