Action Figure Asmus Toys: Devil May Cry 3: Vergil 1:6 Scale Collectible figure (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess I'm the only one who doesn't like the sculpt. Dante and Vergil are identical twins. I just don't see Dante's face in there.

200.gif

You're definitely not the only one let down by the sculpt. Just like your gif shows, DMC3 Vergil's hair should be layered like flower petals, not blow-dried upward like we're in the 80s. It's unfortunate considering that the tailoring looks beautiful. I wish they showed prototype pics of him without his coat on; the vest-only look was one of my favorite options.

vergil_sparda_2_by_odokemonojoker96.jpg

I think the face looks great.
Now the hair sculpt, while awesome looking, is just not accurate to the game or HD renders.

Guess I'm the only one who doesn't like the sculpt. Dante and Vergil are identical twins. I just don't see Dante's face in there.

200.gif

It's no use comparing it to the in game model, It doesn't seem like they referenced it much. It definitely evokes the renders posted earlier in the thread.

I never understood why in DMC3 they modeled their noses after Kevin Bacon's.

:lol :lol :lol

You're definitely not the only one let down by the sculpt. Just like your gif shows, DMC3 Vergil's hair should be layered like flower petals, not blow-dried upward like we're in the 80s. It's unfortunate considering that the tailoring looks beautiful. I wish they showed prototype pics of him without his coat on; the vest-only look was one of my favorite options.

I too hope we can get the vest look. I asked them about it over on their FB page. We'll see

And the hair definitely needs to be more swept back rather than up.It's a change I hope they make.

I think the face looks great.
Now the hair sculpt, while awesome looking, is just not accurate to the game or HD renders.

For those who don't like aspects of the sculpt, definitely bring it up to them on their Social Media. Asmus is pretty open to feedback. They might make changes. A lot of their Lord of the Rings figure went through several changes before they were finalized. and a lot of the discussion took place here, on this board in the LotR sections. It couldn't hurt.

Unfortunately, we go with a double joint eblowed body, so if you take off the coat, he will look really ugly...
A compromise we had to make on poseability

View attachment 412169

Unfortunately, we go with a double joint eblowed body, so if you take off the coat, he will look really ugly...
could you post a picture of the headsculpt from a side view?
on another note please include the guitar with DMC3 Dante when it gets released. Great work on Vergil!

View attachment 412169

Asmus!!
If it's too late to change the sculpt on this figure, would you please consider releasing a Luxury Edition of Vergil with hair that is accurate to his in-game appearance?

c78848_bbf5a832b24dc978b0133b2c969a4a08.jpg
Devil_May_Cry_3_SE_Ecr_s_PC_image_77185.gif.jpeg
vergil__brothers_by_lady_midori.jpg

A gun-holding hand for Ebony would be great, as well as the inherited half-pendant necklace.

And just like your Luxury DMC4 Dante came with a creature-themed base, a Luxury Vergil could come with a segment of the slaughtered Beowulf:

bPE5nUd.png

Everything else is stellar! You're so close to perfection -- why not go for it?! :hi5:

Thanks!

Too bad the hair is really bad looking, i was really looking forward to order this one...... hope they will change the hair

I didn't realize the pre-order for this was already up! Decided to go directly through Asmus this time since BBTS took months longer than anyone else last time and I'm waaaaay too impatient for that nonsense with this one. Looking excellent so far, can't wait to see who is next.

Looks really impressive. Asmus upped their game quite a bit with this one. Too bad I stopped playing DMC after the second one.

Asmus- if you see this, please revisit the Yakuza line! With your improvement, I’m sure you can make it really awesome.

View attachment 412169

Interesting...Seems like it is an option though...hmmmm. Thank you for the response :wave

I think the rest of you are going to have to accept that they referenced the special edition of Vergil more than the original DMC3 in game render. They probably wanted a more realistic interpretation to stand along side other 1:6th scales on the market.

MrN7.gif

DMC4-SE-Vergil-vergil-39559261-540-300.gif

vergil-devil-may-cry-4-77.4.jpg

Having said that, I do think the hair needs to flatten out a bit and one bang would be fine with me. I already PO'd though so it makes no difference to me :lol But you guys keep fightin' the fight. Just don't be dicks about it :lol

This looks pretty good!

If you’re vocal enough about it, Asmus will alter the sculpt to accommodate a solitary bang. That’s nothing compared to what they’ve done with other figures in the past. They try their best to please the fans when they know there’s an issue. :clap

Yeah but c'mon. It's a deal breaker because he doesn't have like five hairs on his forehead? It looks amazing otherwise.

I'm not sure if I would consider the hair a deal breaker, but it's exactly like you said: "[The figure] looks amazing otherwise." I would always be reminded of how close Asmus got to a brilliant DMC3 Vergil representation.

For example, Snake, you have an AMAZING Resident Evil figure collection (seriously, if anyone here hasn't yet seen pics of Snake's collection in the RE thread, you should really check them out). I imagine that you would want as much accuracy as possible when it comes to the representations of your most-beloved characters from the RE universe, especially when you know that the manufacturer is completely capable of pulling it off. To me, DMC3 Vergil isn't just the coolest thing about the entire DMC saga (and there was plenty of cool things in there), he was the emotional backbone that was missing in DMC1 and 4. Vergil is one of my favorite characters in all of gaming, so isn't it understandable why someone like me would feel passionate about Asmus's opportunity to truly knock this one out of the park?

I think the rest of you are going to have to accept that they referenced the special edition of Vergil more than the original DMC3 in game render. They probably wanted a more realistic interpretation to stand along side other 1:6th scales on the market.

I think you're completely right about the reference, Bio. But why, then, release the figure under DMC3's banner instead of DMC4's? More importantly, while it's totally cool to create a DMC4SE Vergil, it shouldn't substitute a figure of DMC3 Vergil. DMC3 is the game that popularized him and defined his character, after all. That's why I suggested that Asmus produce a Luxury Edition Vergil that accurately recreates him from DMC3. The tailoring is perfect already, so the only additional element asked of manufacturing would be newly sculpted hair (and maybe a unique stand/base for consistency's sake with DMC4 Dante's Luxury edition).

In terms of ensuring the sculpt's realism when compared to other lifelike 1/6 figures, I don't think sculpting game-accurate hair would compromise anything. The current face looks thoroughly human and would not have to change, and it's possible to successfully mimic the hairstyle from the game in real life, so a 1/6 version of it remains feasible visually.

devil_may_cry_3_cosplay___vergil_by_aoki_lifestream-d6552by.jpg

The importance of DMC3 Vergil's in-game hair is that it's the same as Dante's but pushed back. The comparison is comparable to Goku's hair versus SSJ Goku's hair; both of them are the same length, but SSJ's is simply positioned differently (there's a dirty joke in there somewhere but I'm not going to make it :wink1:).

As the two brothers' battle in the rain showed, Vergil looks identical to Dante when his hair drapes downward.

LankyShoddyBedlingtonterrier-size_restricted.gif

That's something very important because it exemplifies a core aspect of Vergil's character: his aesthetic and behavioral differences with Dante are, in fact, less pronounced than he'd like to think they are. This irony drives home the reality that the bond of brotherhood the twins share is something beyond their control -- they are the halves of their parents' legacy. Ergo: the necklace, which would make for a neat accessory, btw.

DMC4SE Vergil (or at least the prototype fig based on him), on the other hand, has hair that is much more uniform and looks less like an alteration of Dante's and more like an independent style, which unfortunately dampens the meaning behind DMC3 Vergil's appearance.

You guys keep fightin' the fight. Just don't be dicks about it :lol

Hahaha I don't know that anyone is being a D; we totally respect one another and totally respect Asmus. :duff

Asmus has nothing but respect from me. They really do go out of their way to try to provide the best collectible possible. Sure, they’ve had to go back and improve upon old sculpts, but so has Hot Toys.

The biggest thing with Asmus, and they get huge props for this, is they actually LEARN from their mistakes. Hot Toys will keep doing the same **** over and over again, and it’s because they know people will buy it anyway. They’ll keep using the same shoddy materials or the same useless, ugly articulation, or the same erroneous manufacturing process, for example.

It’s a breath of fresh air when Hot Toys finally listens to us. It shouldn’t be that way. I hope one day they can get back to valuing what they do as much as the smaller guys, like Asmus. Hell, even ThreeZero. The latter is a bit rough around the edges, but hopefully it’ll smooth out eventually.

Looks like a better attempt than Dante. Sculpt looks good.

If they do Bayonetta, it's going to be ecstatic.

My main problem really is the hair. It's too slicked upwards, instead of kind of a messy layered effect.

Looks like a better attempt than Dante. Sculpt looks good.

If they do Bayonetta, it's going to be ecstatic.
]

Might be hard. It would definitely have to be a custom body since her legs are incredibly long.

Back