Asmus Toys: Boromir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think that's a question he can answer quickly. If it involves changing the SKUs that are already up for preorder and people have paid for then it's a question that will involve a lot of the management of the company I would assume. At this point the best option might be to have a stock of heads that can be bought as expansion packs to complement the figure that we have already ordered.

This would probably be the easiest way to offer both options without affecting existing pre-orders. I really hope Asmus considers this as an option. If offering both heads individually is not an option, then maybe offer just one separately. Then those of us who would like both can pre-order the individual head sculpt and the full figure with the other head sculpt.

Eh, I decided to pre-order the rooted hair version. It does seem to look better than the sculpted.

One of the worst likenesses I have seen in this line. Hate to say it but i seem more likeness in the old Sideshow sculpt. ThreeZero wins this out.

I don't think that's a question he can answer quickly. If it involves changing the SKUs that are already up for preorder and people have paid for then it's a question that will involve a lot of the management of the company I would assume. At this point the best option might be to have a stock of heads that can be bought as expansion packs to complement the figure that we have already ordered.

My original question was just that. Will they be offering the head sculpts individually like they did with Aragorn.
Personally I'd like both head sculpts.

That shouldn't affect anything. It's simply an expansion.

Imagine pouring your heart and soul into creating these figures for fans and then having to reveal it on here and on Facebook. Brutal.

My original question was just that. Will they be offering the head sculpts individually like they did with Aragorn.
Personally I'd like both head sculpts.

That shouldn't affect anything. It's simply an expansion.

Ah sorry. You said 'deluxe option with both headsculpts' so I assumed you meant a version of the figure with both heads included ;)

Imagine pouring your heart and soul into creating these figures for fans and then having to reveal it on here and on Facebook. Brutal.
Creatin' something original is not the same as makin' a licensed figure of a character from someone else's creation tho. One should expect the brutality from fans in such case.

Creatin' something original is not the same as makin' a licensed figure of a character from someone else's creation tho. One should expect the brutality from fans in such case.

I don't know. I think it's a bit different with Asmus because they share alot here. They show early WIP, discuss and ask for feedback. They created some sort of link with their fanbase.

Other (bigger) companies don't seem to care as much. We rarely see them share their progress and just release average to poor figures at high prices because they know that they'll sell just with their logo on the box.

I'm not sayin' it as something against Asmus. I'm sayin' that brutal criticism is not a bad thing, especially when it comes to franchises with big fan bases.

Ah sorry. You said 'deluxe option with both headsculpts' so I assumed you meant a version of the figure with both heads included ;)

Sorry my mistake. The first comment I made a few pages back I explained myself better. I didn't want to re write everything so I said "deluxe", but I did mean expansion.

That looks even better. Stoked for this guy. The paint adjustments really help him.

Another thing I noticed from the grey-shaded 3D sculpt vs the actual painted figure is that the lighting really effects things like the fullness of the cheeks and shape of the chin and nose. In the 3D render you can adjust the key and fill lights to offer the most flattering falloff of shadows and emphasize the shape of the face. With a 1/6th scale figure you are already at a difficulty just due to the scale and direction of the light sources. That is why someone like Paramore (who sadly does not show up much anymore on here) could bring to life his figures in a way that many of even the professional figure photographers can not.

In hand, when not subject to the camera capturing the lighting/shadows/details, I bet this guy is going to look awesome. The eyes were a HUGE improvement and so is the shading on the cheeks which subtly alters the perception of his jawline. The original photos made his face look a bit too filled in. The fuller beard helps a lot as well and I am looking forward to putting my pomade tricks to work on the hair to give him a bit more of that greasy/stringy look with strands behind his ears as well as maybe one down in to the side in front.

Imagine pouring your heart and soul into your job and then a company trying to ask for your hard earned cash to buy a sub-par product of a license you adore. Brutal.

Asmus aren't here to be our friends, they're here to make MONEY off us by selling us good products, they're not making these figurines for free, they are actually getting paid for it by the consumer. I dont owe them a pat in the back for trying, they're not doing anyone a favour, they're running a business like any other toy company.

Anyone who thinks this figure is a good likeness needs to let me know what they're smoking, must be good **** because this figure looks like David Beckham in LOTR cosplay.

Asmus have done solid work before, i have their Saruman, but Boromir is a massive miss and this is being echoed in a lot of other forums and facebook.

Imagine pouring your heart and soul into your job and then a company trying to ask for your hard earned cash to buy a sub-par product of a license you adore. Brutal.

Asmus aren't here to be our friends, they're here to make MONEY off us by selling us good products, they're not making these figurines for free, they are actually getting paid for it by the consumer. I dont owe them a pat in the back for trying, they're not doing anyone a favour, they're running a business like any other toy company.

Anyone who thinks this figure is a good likeness needs to let me know what they're smoking, must be good **** because this figure looks like David Beckham in LOTR cosplay.

Asmus have done solid work before, i have their Saruman, but Boromir is a massive miss and this is being echoed in a lot of other forums and facebook.

Don't like it, don't buy it. In the end, it's your choice.

I bought ThreeZero's Jon Snow even though it's one of the worst headsculpt i've ever seen. 3Z didn't even try to fix it and didn't care about customer feedback. So like most people, i replaced the head with a custom. I didn't want to take a guess and wait for another company to get the license eventually.

I bought the first Han Solo from Hot Toys. Same deal. It doesn't look like Ford, so i replaced the head. Wanted to buy Luke Skywalker from that line, but it's even worse and there's no option to replace the head, so screw it.

In the end, the figures were all sold out. It's going to be the same with Boromir. Then people will ASK for a second run. It's ok to be pissed, voice your opinion, but don't come back crying in a few moths because you missed the boat. You can also wait for Molecule8 to "maybe" do a Boromir in like 4-5 years.

It's your collection. It's your choice.

Question: Will this guy show up on Sideshow? Nothing against Asmus, but I'm pretty invested in stockpiling up my rewards points and I like monthly payments. I ordered the slim Aragorn from Asmus, and I see Legolas is up on Sideshow..

Is this headsculp purposly so bad so they can sell the expansion later??!
Maybe better to wait for the 'slim' version later on...
Don't worry man. The company itself promises that's not what they are doing at all....

^^^^^ lol how Dare we as a consumer ask for better!? The audacity!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back