Asmus Toys: Boromir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BRH05.jpg

Glad I've preordered, will the rooted hair version be stylised as has been mentioned with the new Aragorn head?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And what do you guys think. Lighter colored hair? It's hard to say with the dark pics.

boromirscte9.jpg

You see, that's more like it. The sculpt itself was okay, it was all due to the paint applications.

As for Gandalf, we were going for The Hobbit version, the sculpted head was far too young

I'm still catching up on this thread, so I'm still going through posts. I just wanted to make a note of this because I've been saying this since they first started showing the Gandalf figure. Everything about the figure screamed Hobbit, and the figure even had a product code of HOBT04. They made a great Hobbit Gandalf. I would have preferred the LotR version that they showed in the beginning, but they didn't bait and switch there. They made the Hobbit version. Hopefully, they release the original sculpt so we can have a LotR version.

The modified version looks worlds better! This is a must buy now.

Is there any chance at all of some sort of combo where you can get one Boromir figure with both rooted and sculpted hair heads? I love both heads now.

:clapLooks tons better already Asmus. Thanks for taking our feedback on board. Please would you offer the haired sculpt separately so I can buy both sculpted and haired options haha:pray:

Wow.. Catching up on this thread was... Interesting.

I definitely think that added paint for the facial hair helps a lot. I would also say to put me on board for lighter hair, as well as an option for a rooted and sculpted hair. I think that this post helps show that it's not all that fair off, and a lot of it might just be paint. I stand by that the hairline on the sculpted head is too high.

As stated by SithThundercracker, the main differences between the 3D and the prototype are lower hairline, a bit of something with the shape of the eyes (or maybe just a matter of paint app) and thicker beard. Minor changes for huge likeness improvement...

2u3y4cg.gif

Much better with the repaint, Asmus! But if the hair and beard could be a little more reddish it would look even better.

Also, I'm not sure the issue is that the hair needs to be lowered so much as it needs to be tighter. Boromir's hair hangs very closely to his scalp and face and doesn't have the same kind of body or volume we see in this proto. It's a subtle difference, but it makes all the difference. I'm not sure how feasible it is in production (given the hair and head are separate pieces), but that's what I'm seeing.

Thank you again for listening!

I think the repaint and, perhaps above all, brighter photos improve the likeness. From what I can tell from all the pictures, it's the way the hair is styled that makes the biggest difference, along with the goatee.

That being said, I would like to see @Asmus do some photos with some messy hair. Give him some fine, greasy strands pulled forward and draped back over his ear. Boromir's hair always looks unwashed and hangs in his face to some extent. I think the perfect middle part is messing with perspective a bit, because we never see that on him in the movie.

Call me crazy, but it's not the sculpt that is messing with people's impression, it's the hair. Compare the render. Why is that "right"? What really changes outside color? Hair style.

yeah hes a bit off. i agree with he needs a much smaller forehead and getting the hairs to style around the ears will def help see him in there as welll. def needs tweaks

Back