Asmus Toys: Boromir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fuller facial hair indeed an improvement. As I mentioned many pages back, where the hair connects to head is a bigger problem than the actual height of the hairline. As for hair color, a little redder would do me just fine, but I realize that companies don't really have an endless array of colors to choose from. They don't make the hair so they have to choose whatever is closest.

That does make a huge difference! Very nice, drjedisith.

I hope the hair can be tweaked in production to ride lower/tighter to his head. I don't know where they are in the process, but I hope there's still time. It would also be fantastic if the nose could be widened juuust a hair, too. The nose looked exactly right in the digital sculpt but sometimes features can shrink a tiny bit in the casting process.

Asmus, any chance for some deluxe version with both head sculpts? I'm having hard time deciding whether to get sculpted or rooted hair, so having both to choose from would have been great.

That does make a huge difference! Very nice, drjedisith.

I hope the hair can be tweaked in production to ride lower/tighter to his head. I don't know where they are in the process, but I hope there's still time. It would also be fantastic if the nose could be widened juuust a hair, too. The nose looked exactly right in the digital sculpt but sometimes features can shrink a tiny bit in the casting process.
If they're already in the painting process, don't see them tweaking the sculpt. Agreed though, the nostrils should be ever so slightly wider.

If they're already in the painting process, don't see them tweaking the sculpt. Agreed though, the nostrils should be ever so slightly wider.

They may just be at the stage where they're painting prototypes, though, and not painting production samples. So there may be time. Fingers crossed! If there isn't, though, I'll be happy with the repainted beard and hopefully I'll be able to mod the hair once I get him in hand. We really are talking about TINY changes, but they make a big difference. As we know, in this hobby, the smallest details are what it's all about!

Thanks again for listening, Asmus!

Last edited:
In a few months, we'll have Boromir in hand. Some of us will start posting pics with personal tweaks here and there, better lighting, etc.

Then everyone will say "Wow where can i get this? Is it still available? Will you guys do a second run?? Slim version???".

Don't hesitate now.

I also echo the suggestion that the hair colour should be lighter. The gif posted in here would be the ideal modification, but the repainted beard has made quite a difference by itself.

Yeah, I think lighter color shouldn't be a problem, since they already can repaint the eyes and beard, I think change color should be easy compare to that.

Yeah, I think lighter color shouldn't be a problem, since they already can repaint the eyes and beard, I think change color should be easy compare to that.

See this is awesome...I applaud Asmus for really being the first and only company to actually take feedback....make changes....and answer questions directly....again I go back to thranduil....I feel this is very similar....proto images come out...feedback is given....feedback is taken....great product is released....I have full confidence that Asmus will make a great figure....I had to catch up on the thread but man some of the talk has been pretty wild...schemes and business intrigue...wow just wow.....keep up the amazing work....and thank you again for opening up your work to us

Asmus, when you guys finish making any more tweaks, could you post more pictures? I'm still a little on the fence here and would love for you guys to sway me!

I was pretty vocal with my disappointment with the original hobbit sculpts but Asmus has continued to improve with each subsequent release.

I now have Gandalf the White and Saruman with palantir and love them both.

I've currently got "3" pre-orders in with Asmus and Boromir will eventually be my "4th". I haven't had so many pre-orders with a single company in a long time. Updated Hobbits will also be pre-ordered when ready. I'm also thinking of picking up the Mouth of Sauron.

Still leaning towards pre-ordering the rooted hair version of Boromir but would love to have both options available in one figure... :pray:

I've pre-ordered Aragorn based on the improvements Asmus is continually making, how good Legolas is looking (will buy locally) and the anticipation of the re-releases of the Hobbits and Gandalf. I'm amazed at how open Asmus has been and how much over the top critisisms they have endured.
Full credit to these guys/girls that are committed to releasing a great product. I'll admit that the earlier releases were just not quite there for me to jump on board, but now I'm planning on getting the full fellowship. Keep up the great work Asmus! Looking forward to seeing how Boromir finally turns out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man these slim versions are going 'to fly of the shelves'. I better pre-order as soon as they pop up at my local retailer.

Asmus, when you guys finish making any more tweaks, could you post more pictures?
I'm still a little on the fence here and would love for you guys to sway me!
Same. Also very confused about this:

assmussburumir_zpsqh0uy6ny.jpg

At this point I'll most likely wait for in-hand photos.
Need to know what I'm gonna get exactly.

Asmus are you able to respond to the question about whether we will see a deluxe option where we can order both head sculpts?

I don't think that's a question he can answer quickly. If it involves changing the SKUs that are already up for preorder and people have paid for then it's a question that will involve a lot of the management of the company I would assume. At this point the best option might be to have a stock of heads that can be bought as expansion packs to complement the figure that we have already ordered.

Back