Asmus Toys: Arwen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She looks like a Eurasian Arwen to me. Not bad, but I'm hoping Asmus comes out with a Coronation Arwen at some point.

But then something has happened in the casting stage. Look how long the face has become, and strangely it seems like those large "tear"-shaped eyes have narrowed rather than elongate like the face. I'm not sure what to make of the nose.

Is it possible the photos we are seeing are warped from a bad camera lens? George or Andy, can you take one with your own camera?

View attachment 435282

It sure seems like there is more iris showing in the render and it's not just positioning of the eye. It's possible that a careful repainting of the eyes will make a difference. The painting of the upper lashes and the inner lower lid may be obscuring enough of the whites to make the eyes look narrower.

The eyebrows can certainly be altered with paint, They need to be more curved, less Vulcan.

Wonder if we’ll hear from Asmus on whether this will stay the same or if they’ll alter it at all...

The reception for the sculpt has been generally negative across social media so if they go ahead with this version I'd be rather surprised. That said, chances are it is already in production so maybe we'll be stuck with it. It's certainly not a terrible sculpt, just seems a shame not to nail the likeness first time around for such a visually striking character.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Arwen was going to be the first non-Fellowship, non-villain that I was certain I was going to order.

Unfortunately, I'm just not satisfied with what I have seen so far to place a preorder.

Perhaps when I see actual in-hand pictures I will change my mind. But I have a feeling Asmus is too far down the road the stop production on this one... but there's likely to be an Arwen v2 in an alternate "dress". She's far too simple with not much weaponry for Asmus not to make a 2nd pass with a better headsculpt.

AlterEgoComics doesn’t have her as shipping in January. They’re usually one of the last to put up pre-orders. So, there’s a chance that Asmus has already delayed her?

Arwen was going to be the first non-Fellowship, non-villain that I was certain I was going to order.

Unfortunately, I'm just not satisfied with what I have seen so far to place a preorder.

Perhaps when I see actual in-hand pictures I will change my mind. But I have a feeling Asmus is too far down the road the stop production on this one... but there's likely to be an Arwen v2 in an alternate "dress". She's far too simple with not much weaponry for Asmus not to make a 2nd pass with a better headsculpt.

:goodpost: Feel absolutely the same.
I still hope for an upgrade. Well, let's wait and see.

This lips are wrong. The nose is wrong. The eyes are wrong. Other than that...🤔🤣🙄 Sans the pointy ears I’d never know this was supposed to be Liv Tyler.

Asmus needs to tell us a little about what they’re thinking. I don’t think a single person collecting these will mind a six month delay or more.

Asmus just posted on FB that they made changes based on feedback. They curved the eyebrows and made her lashes longer, maybe even gave her lips a better paint job, but hard to tell if there were any sculpt changes made.
49755928_10155774352096968_5003882864027107328_n.jpg
49719536_10155774383241968_5224517790743920640_n.jpg

Last edited:
Asmus just posted on FB that they made changes based on feedback. They curved the eyebrows and made her lashes longer, maybe even gave her lips a better paint job, but hard to tell if there were any sculpt changes made.
View attachment 439511
View attachment 439511
Her eyes still look too small really. Liz has huge eyes and I'm not getting that from this sculpt. Looks better than the previous proto but still not there.

Her eyes still look too small really. Liz has huge eyes and I'm not getting that from this sculpt. Looks better than the previous proto but still not there.

People like to comment about how big her eyes are and they show pictures to support their claims, but you can google Liv or Arwen and find just as many pictures of her eyes looking smaller like in this sculpt. Using publicity shots isn't fair because people purposely open their eyes wider. I'm not saying that bigger eyes here wouldn't improve the likeness a bit, but it isn't mandatory.

People like to comment about how big her eyes are and they show pictures to support their claims, but you can google Liv or Arwen and find just as many pictures of her eyes looking smaller like in this sculpt. Using publicity shots isn't fair because people purposely open their eyes wider. I'm not saying that bigger eyes here wouldn't improve the likeness a bit, but it isn't mandatory.
I get that but for me it's the eyes that are crippling this sculpt. Whether they need to be bigger or not, they definitely need tweaking in some regard.

I already had preordered it, but I appreciate their effort for improving the likeness. I think it's just the painting, cause at this stage a new sculpt would be too much, but they listen and try, and that's always great from this company.

Back