Asmus Toys: Arwen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is one of those asmus sculpts I don’t think I’ll be able to save. It’s about 50/50 even on the newer releases which heads won’t be utterly unusable and this is one. Hopefully there will be a knock off or third party Liv I can use like I’ve done with other LOTR characters.

I appreciate asmus keeps trying but they can do better. This sculpt is not up to par with some of their more recent efforts like Frodo and gimli.

QQ图片20181203101648.jpg

We do have made the inner skirt,
I will upload more clothing detail later.

Looking forward to seeing more Asmus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well then that's good news. The picture that you posted looks more gray than violet but I'm eager to see more pictures.

Me too! Hoping some in hand photos vs the final production shots will do it more justice - that seems to be the way of things.

Yes, we have got the head printed and ready,
will add facial texture and details.

Likely, what we will do is sculpted hair + rooted hair.

And no worry, no horse combo.

Asmus, I am as big of a fan as anyone. I can’t help but wonder though why sculpts change so much from 3D rendering to prototype? This is more what everyone was expecting. But just like with GTG and GTW it seems like things were changed, and not for the better. You can definitely see where the rendering and the prototype are very different. It’s really confusing why the company chooses the inferior likeness. It’s not a case of artistic interpretation. I really wish the company would get a handle on this.

I do wonder what happened to this sculpt. It looked like a great start. Eye shape is correct here.

It's almost like the sculpts are deliberately altered for some reason.

Untitled-1 copy.jpg

I really hate seeing stuff like that. It does make you wonder about the process, and you just end up saying "Why oh why?".

Well, with any luck it’s getting delayed. I have faith in Asmus to do what needs to be done. Besides that, AlterEgoComics has her listed as a May release, after just putting her up today.

I echo all of these sentiments. Asmus your base rendering of the sculpt has a lot of potential but in the printing, casting and painting process it fell apart somehow. I'd really encourage you to go back and see where quality control might have slipped.

I've seen you hit a new level with execution on your heads. I was particularly impressed with Laura 2.0 So I know that if you have the base sculpt right you can pull this off..

It is strange, as eyes look narrow and lips are not so full. Can it be the painting? Yet it seems to me that eyes look different.

Sent from my HUAWEI TIT-U02 using Tapatalk

Wow. That's really surprising. The size and shape of the eyes are very different. Must be something that happens in the printing process maybe? So weird. The render is fantastic, but the proto misses the likeness by just a little.

I know we're talking about fractions of millimeters but that can be the difference with this kind of thing. Hopefully she looks more like the render when we get her in hand.

We have NOT changed the sculpt,
this is exact the same one we print and made the prototype with

But then something has happened in the casting stage. Look how long the face has become, and strangely it seems like those large "tear"-shaped eyes have narrowed rather than elongate like the face. I'm not sure what to make of the nose.

Is it possible the photos we are seeing are warped from a bad camera lens? George or Andy, can you take one with your own camera?

COMP for SSF post 12-5-18.jpg

Back