Asmus Toys: Arwen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Given all the work that Asmus has been putting into its figures this is both surprising and disappointing. The head sculpt is poor and the inaccuracies in the outfit are a letdown. I'll buy it because it's the only Arwen out there, but females seem to be Asmus's Achilles heel.

To me it seems pretty clear that referenced photos of her at night for the dress color, where it does appear to be a much darker grey. If you look at daytime photos though in proper lighting, it’s clearly a cool-toned, soft grey. I cosplayed this outfit and has to go over every little detail of this dress to make sure I was as close to accurate as humanly possible. She should also have the Evenstar, as she had not yet given it to Aragorn at this point, even if it’s not in sight at all times.

The second this was announced I knew I was going to order it no matter what because Arwen is one of my favorite characters, period. I’ve also ordered Weta’s statue of this same scene. There seem to be people out there though that won’t puechase without some tweaks, so hopefully Asmus takes that under advisement, especially with so few ladies of the ring to have collectibles of.

284B1B87-FE04-4E81-A221-2726EF78733D.jpeg620275CF-45E6-4DA9-9F14-7087F350DDA3.jpeg

I ordered (I order everything), but if no improvements before release I might just forget about the deposit and the figure, this one looks to be a step back for ASMUS:gah:

Sometimes the production piece is actually better than the proto. I doubt the sculpt will change -- although likely better in hand at scale -- but perhaps the outfit will be better overall once production pieces are revealed.

My purchase or lack thereof will depend upon the in-hand piece. No preorder for me.

I don't understand why they rushed this one out. We went from a basic 3D render of the head to a full figure. Usually, they tease the clothing, accessories, etc and they take all the feedback.

They skipped a few necessary steps imo. It's not like Asmus to do this. They should push the release to next spring. I can live with an average headsculpt (hello ThreeZero Daenerys), but any company asking 200$ for a figure should at least get the clothing right.

Hopefully Asmus hears you all loud and clear. She’s not a bad figure right now in my opinion, but it could be next level great.

While not perfect, enlarging the eyes and slightly tweaking the tip of the nose would help quite a bit.

9s6rzl.jpg

Last edited:
Nexus, great !!!
Ok with everybody, she’s not bad but could be better. Bigger eyes, fuller lips, and slightly better tailoring. Lots of bad feedbacks on Facebook, hope Asmus will take the time to improve Arwen before production starts...

I think her head is more shaped like an almond, but this sculpt is more like an acorn. I swear she is more like Mark Hamil and Harrison Ford, gonna be hard as heck to get her face right.

I think her head is more shaped like an almond, but this sculpt is more like an acorn. I swear she is more like Mark Hamil and Harrison Ford, gonna be hard as heck to get her face right.

I'm not sure there is anything wrong with the shape of her face. Going back to the comparison a few pages back, the shape looks great. The pulled back hair and the hairline make her head look really wide at the top giving it that acorn look. The mods that nexus posted do help a lot. My wife said that the shadows on the sides of her face are hurting the likeness as well.
ARWEN.jpg

sorry 'bout the watermark on her face...
faceoff_zpsffzoyp9y.gif

It's so close in some ways- yet still way off in others.

sorry 'bout the watermark on her face...
faceoff_zpsffzoyp9y.gif

It's so close in some ways- yet still way off in others.

Well, as I said before, this does seem to show that the shape of the face is correct. The tip of the nose and the shape of the eyes is a little off. I'll even give you that her eyes are just a little more open in the real photo than on the sculpt, but it does seem to make an important difference here. I wonder if they simply gave her bigger pupils and maybe improved the paint job, it might be enough. I would like to see the tip of the nose shaved off a bit though.

Well. I was always pre-ordering, and now have two Frodo and Sam headsculpts, both Gandalfs and many promises. Will wait till I see in-hand pics to make a decision. I am skeptical about modifications made before mass production to this sculpt and do not have funds to order a custom one.
P.S.: With recent Bilbo and Thorin sculpts I was more positive about likeness for Arwen, well...

I said it a couple pages ago. I think the nose is throwing the likeness off the most. She has an upturned nose that you can see her nostrils. Definetly looks better not being so bulbous though.

I tried to tweak the tip of the nose more, but the head is slightly tilted down in the photo. That might also be slightly distorting the head shape. While I did widen the eyes, painting the pupil larger will give them a softer, dreamy look.

Back