Asmus Toys: Arwen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered it, but would love to see her mouth bigger (particularly the upper lip, and wider), the eyes a little bit rounder at the center, her nose slimmer than it is as it reaches the tip and the end turned up a little. I think it’d be a solid A with those tweaks - I hope they do them.

Her dress is also way too dark - it’s a very lovely, soft grey in the movie.

92794FE8-9948-455C-9758-F447CBB68F40.jpeg

That's what I thought, but then I thought Eomer's eyes were too thin as well.

Yeah, I thought that too but I guess Eomer is always scowling with a furrowed brow so his eyes always appear slightly more narrow than what they would be with a relaxed face. Arwens are definitely larger, especially in the chase scenes as she looks pretty confident staring down the Nazgul.

I ordered it as well but those last pics of the head sculpt show that it's a C+/B-.

As fans, we know it's "Arwen" but in the pic of the sculpt above, the eyes are tiny and the nose bulbous. Lips could be a smidge fuller, too.

Unfortunately to my eye it does not look enough like Liv for a purchase. Eyes, upper lip and elongation of head as already stated is really throwing it off for me. A little tweaking and it would be a buy. Really glad Asmus is continuing the LOTR/Hobbit line though. Love these characters!

Just keep moaning and Asmus will tweak the sculpt; they’re good like that.
I’d like her to come with the Evenstar necklace so I can finally have one for my slim Aragorn.

I ordered it as well but those last pics of the head sculpt show that it's a C+/B-.

As fans, we know it's "Arwen" but in the pic of the sculpt above, the eyes are tiny and the nose bulbous. Lips could be a smidge fuller, too.

Agree 100%

As with all things, she will certainly look better in hand... but she does have some clear issues, head sculpt aside. Unfortunately, this is not one of Asmus' better efforts. Females from the Tolkien world continue to elude them.

Very simple, very clean figures are very difficult to do right. Its a lot easier to do justice to a dirty, asymmetrical orc.

Just for rough -- very rough -- comparison sakes...

costume COMP 11-30-18.jpg

Last edited:
Just for rough -- very rough -- comparison sakes...

View attachment 434831

So it it supposed to be blue, green, grey or purple? Always thought it was green (but i'm a bit colorblind lol).

Wish it would look more like this statue. The clothes need to be less baggy at the waist, weathering at the bottom would've been nice too. Those are easy fixes.

91nJLR1Np4L._SX355_.jpg

The Missus built herself an Arwen "riding dress" from scratch (including teaching herself to embroider!) and she did tons and tons of research. She tells me it's gray and I trust her hard-earned expertise! :lol

(Also, she's a bit critical of the outfit on the figure, particularly the lack of the underskirt and the baggy waist area.)

I'm in the gray camp as well, despite the movie filters.

The outer 'dress' (or coat) hangs too low and the underskirt doesn't hang out enough... and the waist definitely isn't cinched enough. Not seeing the 'under-sleeves' enough either.

I would hope Asmus pushes back its planned January delivery and fixes some of these issues as basic futzing will not be enough to solve color issues or incorrect tailoring.

I'm in the gray camp as well, despite the movie filters.

The outer 'dress' (or coat) hangs too low and the underskirt doesn't hang out enough... and the waist definitely isn't cinched enough. Not seeing the 'under-sleeves' enough either.

I would hope Asmus pushes back its planned January delivery and fixes some of these issues as basic futzing will not be enough to solve color issues or incorrect tailoring.

As we've discovered with some of the more recent releases, Asmus has moved away from making changes after the reveal. The figures have already gone to production by then. That's why we get them so quickly after ordering. I could see them MAYBE tweaking the sculpt and delaying release, but it would be costly.

No offense to whoever is doing the sculpt work, but maybe for the females, someone else should be used. Even with statues, an accomplished sculptor can have trouble with females despite the fact they knock the males out of the park. I belong to one group where the commissioner went with an alternate sculptor for all the females precisely because of that.

Shame that it's probably already being produced as by looking at the general consensus on here and Asmus's social media pages, a lot of people are not happy with the sculpt and want it changed. I'm stoked to be getting Arwen at all really though, but would have loved them to have really nailed this one first time around.

Back