Asmus Toys: Arwen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also very curious. I’d rather have seen Arwen before Thorin and Bilbo.

Yea me as well. As well as Thorin and Bilbo are turning out I'm not getting either one. Not interested in The Hobbit figures. Getting antsy to see some new stuff from LOTRs.

ETA I will say this though. Someone on FB asked where Arwen was and someone from Asmus said October with a question mark.

Last edited:
I have no interest in Thorin, I was on the fence on Bilbo (thinking I might get him to represent The Hobbit), but decided against it; I’d rather have an Ian Holm Bilbo.

Hoping even if we can’t a picture that we can get a written confirmation of which outfit she’ll be in. Pages and pages of this thread are speculation about that. Once we know the outfit, we can start speculating about the hair medium that will be used. 😂

Hoping even if we can’t a picture that we can get a written confirmation of which outfit she’ll be in. Pages and pages of this thread are speculation about that. Once we know the outfit, we can start speculating about the hair medium that will be used. ��

I am fairly certain it will be the riding outfit. That was the only outfit she was in when she had action scenes. She could come with her sword and if they wanted to do a deluxe version they could have a base with the shards of Narsil. Also they could do a second head with the cut check or do a set with her horse. There’s just more options going with that outfit in my opinion. If they do the Two Towers she could come with her book? Return of the King with the banner?

Yeah, the riding dress seems like a no-brainer. I would be very surprised if they went with any of her other looks. (Though The Missus would be delighted and we would definitely have them all on display in our living room!)

At San Diego Comic-con they had a plaque between shelves that had their speculative release dates and She was not on there. Beyond the proto's shown of Bilbo and Thorin, Eomer was the only other LOTR/Hobbit property listed.

asmus_releaseinfo.jpg

Yeah, the riding dress seems like a no-brainer. I would be very surprised if they went with any of her other looks. (Though The Missus would be delighted and we would definitely have them all on display in our living room!)

Ugh, that’s frustrating. Maybe they made this placard before Arwen was started, and Arwen is going to come out when Eomer was initially going to? I mean, we have seen some renderings of her sculpt, and when I messaged Asmus, they said that they already had her outfit chosen but couldn’t announce it just yet.

Asmus, please give us an update! ;_; D:

Hoping even if we can’t a picture that we can get a written confirmation of which outfit she’ll be in. Pages and pages of this thread are speculation about that. Once we know the outfit, we can start speculating about the hair medium that will be used. 😂

We dont need them to confirm, it will no doubt be the riding version.

We dont need them to confirm, it will no doubt be the riding version.

I’ll buy it regardless, of course, but I can’t help but wonder how much sense it makes to do that look when Sideshow released a 1/6 statue of that several years back (which I have) and Weta is releasing a stunning 1/6 mounted statue of her (which I am also getting). There are bound to be some people that are going to pick and choose between this and the Weta statue if she is in her chase outfit, given that they will be wearing the same thing and released around the same time as each other.

If they are doing mixed media hair, however, it likely will be the chase outfit. Most of her other looks have her hair just down and wavy with a headdress at times. Don’t know how I feel about the mixed media hair, but Arwen is my one character that I’ll basicallt buy anything of.

While I would prefer her in one of her gowns, I’m with you, ladyshanz... I’ll get her no matter what outfit she’s in.

Ultimately, the riding outfit makes the most sense for an action figure. I say this even though I look at my collection more as "poseable statues" than anything else.

Sideshow chose that look for their maquette because it was intended as a companion piece for their "Aragorn as Strider" one. Same goes for the Weta equestrian statue...the options for Arwen on horseback were pretty limited and the scene of her confronting the Nine was all but predetermined (although one of her contemplating whether to continue on to the Grey Havens or return to Rivendell would have made a nice piece).

Hello All, Any news on this figure? From what I've read so far in this forum its going to be the riding outfit without a horse. If the horse lord didn't get a horse its pretty safe to assume that she won't have one either. Plus her sword is very unique and will make the figure stand out in the collection.

Back