Asmus Toys: Arwen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks great!

So you're planning both a rooted and sculpted hair version? Like with Boromir? Two different heads? Or one head with a mix of sculpted and rooted hair?

Last edited:

Yes, we have got the head printed and ready,
will add facial texture and details.

Likely, what we will do is sculpted hair + rooted hair.

And no worry, no horse combo.

Awesome!

This is definitely one where the rooted hair will work. At least I hope so.

I forget now, this will be the Chase outfit, right?

Awesome!

This is definitely one where the rooted hair will work. At least I hope so.

I forget now, this will be the Chase outfit, right?

I would imagine for the chase outfit that they would have to do sculpted hair given the incredible intricacy of the fishtail-style braids she sporting, wouldn’t they? So maybe we aren’t getting the chase outfit?

If not that outfit, I’m really hoping for her coronation get up, full with her gorgeous tiara and the banner she carries. Her hair is just down and flowing there, which would be easy enough with rooted hair.

I always liked this one, although if you blink you miss it.

movie-close.jpg

Dang. I really wasn’t a fan of the mixed medium hair of Tauriel. But I’ll wait and see the final product before I make a decision. I could be pleasantly surprised.

One more shot at the Frodo paint job with the exclusive hobbit dummy accessory...

lotr-liv-dummy.jpg

Nice sculpt so far, but this will be a buy for me based on the paint job and mixed media hair, which can be a bit off with this line of figures.

Good so far though.

I have never had a figure with mixed media hair, and personally have no preference when it comes to sculpted vs. rooted, as I think different hairstyles are better suited to one medium than the other, especially with female figures that, in general, have longer hair than most male figures. Is mixed medium something that can be successfully pulled off?

I have never had a figure with mixed media hair, and personally have no preference when it comes to sculpted vs. rooted, as I think different hairstyles are better suited to one medium than the other, especially with female figures that, in general, have longer hair than most male figures. Is mixed medium something that can be successfully pulled off?

I think for Arwen it could work because her hair is standard brown. They did mixed media for Tauriel and it wasnt awful, but it wasnt great either, but i think it was more that her hair is a weird red/orange/brownish weird mix sort of color so the sculpted top hair and rooted longer strands werent color matched perfectly. Imo anyway.

I know we got Bilbo and Thorin updates...when do you think we'll get an Arwen one?

As I said in the other Asmus thread, I'm now hoping more than ever that they're going to do her coronation look now that Weta is releasing a 1/6 statue of Arwen with Frodo on Asfaloth (I was probably the among the first people to frantically preorder that, haha). Her coronation look is really the only one that stands out that hasn't been done on a higher-end piece at this point, and to me is a glaring omission at this point. It was such a lovely look and would add a welcome pop of color to any collector's shelf.

I know we got Bilbo and Thorin updates...when do you think we'll get an Arwen one?

As I said in the other Asmus thread, I'm now hoping more than ever that they're going to do her coronation look now that Weta is releasing a 1/6 statue of Arwen with Frodo on Asfaloth (I was probably the among the first people to frantically preorder that, haha). Her coronation look is really the only one that stands out that hasn't been done on a higher-end piece at this point, and to me is a glaring omission at this point. It was such a lovely look and would add a welcome pop of color to any collector's shelf.

I’d be in for that. Not everything has to be “action” oriented. Galadriel in her white gown, Elrond in his Council outfit. The three together would be amazing.

I'm hoping it will be the chase scene (and I would've bought a set with Asfaloth and a ragdoll wounded Frodo) to pair with Strider (I think those are also the only scenes in which she was on screen with any of the hobbits). I'd only really want a coronation version if they were to do a matching Aragorn one (which I think is unlikely). I have the Sideshow Arwen Maquette with the same outfit, but plan on selling those off. The forthcoming Weta statue is great, but I'm sticking to figures going forward.

If they do release a coronation one, I'd like to see them pull off one where her wrist doesn't show the joints, so that she can stand next to any 1/6 Aragorn, whether figure or statue.. I wonder if that's been pulled off before?

Back