Asmus Toys: Arwen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, quick question: I haven't watched the movies in a minute ... she should be wearing the Evenstar at this point in the movie, right? She doesn't give it to Aragorn until Rivendell, right?

I have a spare Evenstar necklace in my parts bin. I'll have to dig it out.

Also, quick question: I haven't watched the movies in a minute ... she should be wearing the Evenstar at this point in the movie, right? She doesn't give it to Aragorn until Rivendell, right?

Technically yes, I think, since you see it on her when she first approached Frodo in that shimmery white dress, but you can’t really see it because of the way the dress is cut, if I’m recalling correctly. I just consulted some screen caps and can’t see it. The costume sketch for it doesn’t have it showing either.

EDIT: Just looked at my new statue of the ford scene with Arwen and Frodo on Asfaloth and it isn’t visible on her there either.

Just received Arwen this morning. She really is a great figure and will be even more great with a little futzing and posing. The likeness is very good, even if the eyes could have been a little bigger.
:)

IMG_9594.JPG

IMG_9595.JPG

IMG_9597.JPG

IMG_9598.JPG

IMG_9599.JPG

Just received Arwen this morning. She really is a great figure and will be even more great with a little futzing and posing. The likeness is very good, even if the eyes could have been a little bigger.
:)

Beautiful pics - under consideration even tho I was never wild about Jackson's take on the character/LOTR changes. But IMO lovely fig. That Aragorn is amazing.

If I did get her I'd put the Evenstar on her anyway. So iconic it seems to be expected whether it's movie correct or not.

Which leads I guess to trying to find a 1/6 Evenstar if ASMUS didn't include!

She always wears it, its just not visible in the outfit used on this figure because of her chest not being exposed.

91726A1A-BE53-4398-9F08-4F4AC94EDEE3.jpg
Arwen and Eomer have me very excited about this collection growing- they’re both great in my opinion! Looking forward to an updated Gandalf the White and more importantly Galadriel, Elrond, Thoeden and Gollum to say the least!

*also wouldn’t mind an Eowyn in her sheild maiden dress**

If you mean you haven't received a balance remaining invoice...me either.
Pretty frustrating. I've contacted Rola 3 times, he says he'll pass along the message to accounting, but still nothing. Tempted to re-order and eat the $20 deposit, since it's now "In Stock". :gah:

Yep. no invoice received yet. I'll send an email to Asmus and see what's up.

I think she looks pretty good honestly. You can definitely tell who it is even though it’s not 100%. The hair transition seems pretty alright from the pics too, not like the awful two tone one on Tauriel.

I know there’s a lot of comments on how this is a step down from recent releases like Gimli and such - but remember what their females have looked like up to this point. This is a quantum leap forward from Eowyn and Tauriel’s hideous faces, even if it’s not on par with the males.

It’s gone to a must buy for me. Appreciate the pics.

In hand I think the likeness is even better....cant wait for another go at Eowyn and I NEED GALADRIEL!

The in-hand pics look quite nice. I'll know better in a couple of weeks since I still have one flex remaining. That said, I'm probably going to get it completely repainted and rehaired. I agree Galadriel and another Eowyn are needed, as well as Elrond, Faramir, Theoden, Grima, Elrond, Gollum, Lurtz, and Sauron.

The in-hand pics look quite nice. I'll know better in a couple of weeks since I still have one flex remaining. That said, I'm probably going to get it completely repainted and rehaired. I agree Galadriel and another Eowyn are needed, as well as Elrond, Faramir, Theoden, Grima, Elrond, Gollum, Lurtz, and Sauron.

At last someone else who wants a Grima ! :D

Back