Asmus Toys: Arwen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How’s the outfit? Does it flow and drape or is it that stiff canvasy stuff?

It's similar to what was used with Legolas, so it doesn't flow very well. It's pretty loose fitting around the waist as seen in the proto shots, but the body underneath is slim enough and there are ties in back of the outfit that will allow to pull it in tighter for a better waistline.

It's similar to what was used with Legolas, so it doesn't flow very well. It's pretty loose fitting around the waist as seen in the proto shots, but the body underneath is slim enough and there are ties in back of the outfit that will allow to pull it in tighter for a better waistline.

�� I was afraid of that...ah well can’t win em all

I'm torn on this one. I absolutely loved Liv Tyler in this role. The scene she had when she saved Frodo was epic. All of her scenes with Vigo Mortensen were wonderful.

The Asmus prototype photos look terrible, but I've learned that since the Slim versions Asmus has stepped up it's game. And in hand the three Fellowship figures I have assembled thus far all look great.

For those that have purchased this one, how close would you rate the likeness of the head sculpt?

As a frame of reference, to my eye for the three figures I have so far, on a scale of 1-10:

Gimli - 10, honestly I can't reasonably ask for more.

Legolas - 9.5, it's damn near spot on (I don't mind the sculpted hair)

Sam - 8.25 (You know immediately who it is, but with a little more tweaking it would have been even better)

Just got her today. This is probably a situation where the sculpt gives you a better feel for the character than the actor. I might give it a 6 or 6.5 for likeness to Liv.

I might give it a 6 or 6.5 for likeness to Liv.

You are the 1st person to rate the likeness to a number I agree.
Likeness is way off, I cannot be convinced otherwise.
After the last SUPER great hs from Asmus (Gimli, Thorin), the last ones (Arwen & Eomer) are mediocre.
To my eyes at least.

Just got her today. This is probably a situation where the sculpt gives you a better feel for the character than the actor. I might give it a 6 or 6.5 for likeness to Liv.

This is how I feel about the Hot Toys Justice League Wonder Woman. It's a great Wonder Woman figure. It just doesn't favor Gal Gadot nearly as much as I wish it would. I rated that likeness 6 to 6.5 as well. But I do still like the figure a lot even so.

Well, I took that photo directly under the light so it would stand out. It definitely doesn't flow seamlessly, but the transition from the sculpted scalp piece is not as jarring as was the case with Tauriel and Legolas in my opinion.

The dress is sort of a greyish slate blue while the lace underdress has a little greyish blue to it (i.e. not stark white). No purple to it, really.

IMG_1149.jpg

She looks OK. For 130-150$, that would be a win, but not for 190$ with almost no accessories. I hope somebody will make a video or a photo review of her.

Well, I took that photo directly under the light so it would stand out. It definitely doesn't flow seamlessly, but the transition from the sculpted scalp piece is not as jarring as was the case with Tauriel and Legolas in my opinion.

The dress is sort of a greyish slate blue while the lace underdress has a little greyish blue to it (i.e. not stark white). No purple to it, really.

View attachment 445734

Thanks for that picture. Too bad about the lack of violet on the underdress, but that's how the proto was too.

She looks nice, not amazing, likeness could be better but i think overall its decent. I’ll pass though.

Her shoulders are a little narrow, but the head doesn't appear over-sized in hand. (This camera angle doesn't help, either):

Attachments

• _DSC2998.JPG
    _DSC2998.JPG
    202.2 KB · Views: 130
  • _DSC2995.JPG
    _DSC2995.JPG
    165.9 KB · Views: 130
I wonder ... can the lacing be tightened on the bodice to make her outfit a little more form-fitting?

If not, I might put a stitch or two in the lower back of her dress to make it look a little less baggy.

Other than that, I think she looks pretty great.

That second pic is great. I see a lot more of Liv Tyler in the sculpt than the prototype showed. I will be negative for a second though. After seeing the braid that they did for Thorin I see no reason why they couldn't have gone for fully rooted hair.

Last edited:
I wonder ... can the lacing be tightened on the bodice to make her outfit a little more form-fitting?

If not, I might put a stitch or two in the lower back of her dress to make it look a little less baggy.

Other than that, I think she looks pretty great.

The lacing can be tightened more, yes. There's two areas that you need to do, the front and the back (both separate from each other). The one in front that goes into that silver buckle is just a simple tension hold; the one in the back was tied in a knot, so you have to be careful trying to undo that one. Here she is after I tightened as much as possible on both sides. In order to get it any tighter -- you'd probably have to break the seam that runs up the middle of her back on the overcoat, and remove a portion of the material and re-sew a new seam.

Attachments

• _DSC3007.JPG
    _DSC3007.JPG
    311.7 KB · Views: 135
While you're tightening the bodice, you might as well get rid of the ribbon ties and get something more accurate. That ribbon makes it look cheap and very Barbie-like.

Back