Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the best you’d be able to do is give them some weathering with some paint.
It’s what I’m gonna do, but I’m not really picky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I guess so too. Thank you!

Anyone: how to get those damn boots to look real? In pics they look just bunched up and dollish...

Regards,
m.

I think the best you’d be able to do is give them some weathering with some paint.
It’s what I’m gonna do, but I’m not really picky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I guess so too. Thank you!

Anyone: how to get those damn boots to look real? In pics they look just bunched up and dollish...

Regards,
m.

You'll need to wrap some material around the calf and ankles under the boots so they hold their shape better. There's a photo of a custom knocking around somewhere with that mod done and they look great. Replacing the string around them too helps as well as the old paint weathering.

Thanks buddy.
Any idea where that photo might be...?
m.
You'll need to wrap some material around the calf and ankles under the boots so they hold their shape better. There's a photo of a custom knocking around somewhere with that mod done and they look great. Replacing the string around them too helps as well as the old paint weathering.

Thanks buddy.
Any idea where that photo might be...?
m.

Here ya go :) figures are by tankgirlfuzzy, link to the other photos and tutorial is here...
https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/fo...iscussion-/852670-ttt-helms-deep-aragorn.html
P1050916.jpg
P1060014.jpg

Oh man you are a damn charm. THANK YOU!!
I somehow suspected the thread was not in here...
Boots sure look awesome. Will work on this for sure!
Thanks again mate!!
m.

No worries mate, keep us up to date with your progress. I'd love to see how you get on with it!

Since Asmus has no plans for them to do Black Gate Aragorn I went ahead and ordered the King from Art Figures. I plan to use my expansion headsculpt and weather the **** out of the costume. Will be my figure for 2003 in my Movie figure timeline. (2001 has Gandalf and Frodo for Fellowship and 2002 has NECAs Gollum for Two Towers, will replace with Asmus Gollum if they do him) Was hoping Asmus would do one but doesn't sound like it's happening so I'll put one together myself.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think they are really just focusing on getting Gimli to be a great release. Shortly after Gimli I bet we see a couple more figures that were previously just in prototype head sculpt stage come to fruition and release by the end of the year.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I think they are really just focusing on getting Gimli to be a great release. Shortly after Gimli I bet we see a couple more figures that were previously just in prototype head sculpt stage come to fruition and release by the end of the year.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
We'll see, they have hinted at a lot of figures:
Bilbo
Eomer
Slim Gandalf (Grey and White I think)
Arwen
Possible Nazgul rerelease.

I want to see a Faramir and a council Elrond

Has Asmus said they wouldn't be doing him? This line seems to really stalled.
Yeah I messaged them on FB to ask before I ordered the Art Figures King. I mean they could be blowing smoke but their response was
"I don't think we will be making any more Aragorn anytime soon, if ever.."

I included a screenshot of the Black Gates Art Figure to lessen any confusion. So I'll take their word for it. Lol

Yeah I messaged them on FB to ask before I ordered the Art Figures King. I mean they could be blowing smoke but their response was
"I don't think we will be making any more Aragorn anytime soon, if ever.."

I included a screenshot of the Black Gates Art Figure to lessen any confusion. So I'll take their word for it. Lol

i am curious about this, where are you ordering it from?

Here's a quick shot of the Art Figures King on HT True Type and Asmus expansion Aragorn headsculpt. Sorry I didnr have time for more shots. Heading with the family to JW: Fallen Kingdom. Hoping to have more time to play when I get home.IMG_20180705_172748_786.jpeg

Looks great Rzeznikk!
I did the same thing earlier this year, except I used an Asmus slim Aragorn body and hands that I got from Toyanxiety along with the expansion Asmus Aragorn head.
:clap

Back