Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are people still receiving the rooted head? Still liking it?

Yeah, the current available version is the slim, with rooted hair. I like it bettert than the sculpted one, but he definitely need a bit of work to make him look right. But for your skills that shouldn't be a problem! :)

By the way, guys, what are your tips on the hair? It comes very hard, so it's not easy to work with it. Do you get it wet first? Any help is appreciated.

But for your skills that shouldn't be a problem! :)

Thanks... but my 'skills' come and go with the wind. :lol

I hate working with hair, but I do like the way it looks when you get it just right. But I find it very frustrating -- that coming from a big proponent of rooted hair.

Regarding the hair, if I remember correctly, most people seemed to wash out the Asmus goo from the hair -- at least a bit -- and usually used something else to hold their own do in place -- like regular hairspray or styling gel.

If you have that little comb that came with HT Chewbacca, I think that helped some people when styling too. But that's a real Barbie move. :D

Hahaha, I got the Chewacca comb. Also I think I can borrow a couple of the My Little Pony combs from my daughter, if needed, but that might hurt my already damaged manliness too much! :D
How would you wash out the goo? Just water? Or maybe using a bit of soap?

I think so. That synthetic hair is pretty indestructible. Try a little at the ends first.

There hair on aragon that I got I was super happy with so I have only tweaked it same with boromir...so gimili I would imagine will be solid...it was the earlier releases that I have had re haired like thranduil and tauriel....but there hair seems to be strong and it's totally washable...just make sure it's a light wash with hot water don't pull hard

Yeah, I used the Chewie comb to separate the strands, didn't wash it out. I used Dax Wax to style it again which holds really well, but if you touch it a lot - moving the head around - you may need to reapply a bit.

Hahaha, I got the Chewacca comb. Also I think I can borrow a couple of the My Little Pony combs from my daughter, if needed, but that might hurt my already damaged manliness too much! :D
How would you wash out the goo? Just water? Or maybe using a bit of soap?

By the way, guys, what are your tips on the hair? It comes very hard, so it's not easy to work with it. Do you get it wet first? Any help is appreciated.

I have several figures with hair, and personally, what always worked for me is spray hair wax.
When you spray the wax in the cap it comes with, its liquid in the bottom, and I use a brush to dab it on the hair and use my hands to futz with it.

I have several figures with hair, and personally, what always worked for me is spray hair wax.
When you spray the wax in the cap it comes with, its liquid in the bottom, and I use a brush to dab it on the hair and use my hands to futz with it.

For whatever reason I imagnined a guy standing behind his figure in front of a mirror spraying it with water, styling and asking how it thinks it looks.

Remember.....

sideshow aragorn.jpg

It's crazy how quality has steadily improved since then. Also, gives a little perspective to appreciate what we're getting now, and to be excited for what we'll be getting in a few years from now.

It really is bananas how far these things have come. Other collectibles haven't improved THIS much in such a short period, have they? I mean, some statue-makers are impressive these days but they haven't made this kind of night-and-day progress.

I had that original SS sculpt repainted immediately, way back then, and it's been one of my favorite figures since.

It was actually the first head sculpt that I paid to have repainted. Wow... how time has passed...

aragorn SS 1.jpg

Back