Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my second batch head as promised with the neck joint today. Everything seems the same as the first but I noticed they did use a different material to seal the face to the head so it doesn’t come off as easily. They paint application on the eyes are better than on the original head but around the beard, nose, lips they aren’t quite as good and I will probably go through and touch it up quickly.

Mostly I’m just glad they sent the neck post because while you can get other pegs to work with asmus bodies I prefer a perfect fit.

Update: I tried popping off the old faceplate and the new one to see if I could just put the old one on the new but you wouldn’t be able to do it without missing the old faceplate. I think filling in the beard myself will be the easiest way to make the paint job better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got this response back from the Asmus customer service rep via email:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Khai,

Thank you for shopping with us and we have your order #XXXX Aragorn Expansion Pack* 1 and the 40 USD payment.
We are now doing a second batch of the headsculpt so we are expecting to ship in about a month, along with the neck joint.
We apologize for causing any inconvenience and if you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.
Thank you for your support

Best,
Rola Chang

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good to hear that it's coming in the 2nd batch with the neck joint!

Whoa - they are going to sell a second batch? Is it back up on the website? I missed out on the first batch.

Whoa - they are going to sell a second batch? Is it back up on the website? I missed out on the first batch.

I'm guessing the second batch is just to fulfill unshipped orders (like mine). But I guess it's possible they could re-list it.

I pre-ordered the expansion pack when it was announced and still haven’t heard anything about my order. I sent Asmus customer service a message a few weeks ago through their website and still no response. I’d appreciate some kind of response about the status of my order, if you guys are reading this!

My new head sculpt just arrived. While I think the moustache looks a bit funny with its "sharp" edge, it looks so much better than the old head sculpt. I was planning on selling this figure and only keeping the aci version. But now that I've put the new head sculpt on the figure I think he looks great on the shelf. Not a fan of the hair product they put in though.

Contacted customer service through their site a week or two ago to ask about the missing neck peg. No response yet. Kind of hoping a neck peg will show up randomly in the mail. Either that or that Asmus (or someone else) could just point me towards the the right one to buy. I have several different pegs from different bodies in my parts bin but none of them fit. I'd rather get the proper one instead of having to customize something.

I asked and they said they will be sending new neck posts to the first batch of orders and we don’t need to do anything. Hopefully that turns out to be accurate!

Yes, we have sent out the pegs today, rough a couple dozens.

The heads are heading out, only the last batch (like 30~40) left, hopefully we will get them all sent in 4~5 days.

I'm about to order this figure. So the currently available slim version comes with this replacement head everyone here is receiving from asmus right?

So I haven't been keeping up in Forever. I have the first release Aragorn. Is it worth me buying the upgraded slim one?

So I haven't been keeping up in Forever. I have the first release Aragorn. Is it worth me buying the upgraded slim one?

Just the head. The new boots are atrocious and the old boots are aces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new sword is better aswell, the originals blade was painted, the new one is like gtg glamdring all shiny like a mirror

Sent from my ZTE T815 using Tapatalk

Just got a notice that my neck peg for the Aragorn head has been shipped out. No tracking though, so I'm not sure how long it will take to arrive.

Just got the new rooted hair Aragorn upgraded sculpt in the mail. A pretty decent improvement over the original I think. Certainly seems to have a slightly better facial paint app, and the rooted hair is far better than the original sculpted hair.

But does anyone have any tips on how to futz the hair? The product they've used make it very flat and stiff on top, and rather bushy at the ends. I think it'd look a bit better with more volume in the hair, but not sure how to tease the hair looser up top?

01.jpg

Back