Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To those who ordered the head only. How long after you got your tracking # from Chunghwa post did it take to receive your item? I got mine on 9/30 and last activity was it shipped 10/1--still no update or transfers to USPS as of today and I'm on the east coast. Just curious...

I ordered the head as soon as it went up for PO, and I haven't received tracking info yet. Irritating, yes, but Asmus stuff has a habit of just showing up out of the blue for me, so I assume I should be getting it any day now.

...I hope.

Got tracking on 9-30, received head on 10-10. I'm in Pittsburgh. Item wasn't trackable.

Thanks and you're right--it isn't trackable. I got home to find a nice slip on my door that USPS tried to deliver. Looks like I'll be making a trip to the post office tomorrow to pick it up. Odd how I purchased both Aragorn's head and Legolas directly from Asmus yet Legolas (LUX version, mind you)was left at my door and I have to sign for the much smaller package (?)

Just contacted asmus inquiring as to when I may be expecting my sculpt and they said that it was a part of a second batch that they are running and that they would be including neck pegs with this batch. So that is pretty interesting. I wonder how this second batch will go in terms of any minor differences.

Of course this also means that it will be another month before they anticipate shipping it. Bummer, dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally went with the "Ranger from North" look for the final display
002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg

I just received my head today. They sent it registered mail and I had to pick it up at the PO and sign for it. I've never had to do that with anything I've bought from Asmus. Looks nice but kinda dark toned.

Thanks and you're right--it isn't trackable. I got home to find a nice slip on my door that USPS tried to deliver. Looks like I'll be making a trip to the post office tomorrow to pick it up. Odd how I purchased both Aragorn's head and Legolas directly from Asmus yet Legolas (LUX version, mind you)was left at my door and I have to sign for the much smaller package (?)

:lol I pretty much said the same thing. I can only guess it's because it's a smaller package and more easily lost.

Anyone know or think Asmus has any plans on doing an Aragorn from Return of the King in his Gondor garb from the final battle scene? I'm debating on whether or not I want to get the Art Figures set and use this other Aragorn Head for that. Or if I should just hang tight and hope for them to do it at a later date.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Not sure. I honestly love this line and the property it is based on but I do not know if there is enough interest out there to go that deep. I would think we would see a Helms Deep Aragorn first but who knows. At least we know they are planning on completing the fellowship and are working on at least an Eomer and Bilbo. They have hinted at orcs and Sauron but I do not think we have seen any work in progress shots of them yet.

Not sure. I honestly love this line and the property it is based on but I do not know if there is enough interest out there to go that deep. I would think we would see a Helms Deep Aragorn first but who knows. At least we know they are planning on completing the fellowship and are working on at least an Eomer and Bilbo. They have hinted at orcs and Sauron but I do not think we have seen any work in progress shots of them yet.
Yeah that's why I'm debating the Art Figures version. I was jus thinking if we saw both Gandalf the Grey and Gandalf the White versions maybe we'd see versions of other characters as well.

Hell I'd even take costume sets. Wouldn't need to be full figure releases.

Anyone know or think Asmus has any plans on doing an Aragorn from Return of the King in his Gondor garb from the final battle scene? I'm debating on whether or not I want to get the Art Figures set and use this other Aragorn Head for that. Or if I should just hang tight and hope for them to do it at a later date.

I actually did the very same thing. I recently picked up the Art Figures "The King" figure with the intention of plopping the extra Asmus head sculpt on it. The hair style is different but I think I can do something comparable with the Asmus sculpt.

I will say that the outfit is amazing and the figure is worth picking up just for that. I hope to be able to work on it in the near future.

I actually did the very same thing. I recently picked up the Art Figures "The King" figure with the intention of plopping the extra Asmus head sculpt on it. The hair style is different but I think I can do something comparable with the Asmus sculpt.

I will say that the outfit is amazing and the figure is worth picking up just for that. I hope to be able to work on it in the near future.
Ill likely end up doing the same. You have any pics of it?

Not really. The figure is still in its box, as is the Asmus head sculpt.

Unfortunately, I've got over a dozen figures still in their boxes, (with 3 more arriving in the next few days), as I need to work on setting up some additional display space.

Great review, thanks! Seeing a hi res photo of the new boots just highlights how bad amd flat they look. I'll be taking them straight off to be replaced by the old Sideshow boots like in the prototype photos.

Back