Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I was being sarcastic.

Seriously though, if anyone is interested, I've got a near mint aci special edition Aragorn plus the slim head coming (eventually?) Up for grabs.

I must admit. Rooted hair on these really make them pop.

I agree but rooted hair done right. I believe they used the natural and thinner yak hair. It makes a world of difference in scale and realism. No artificial hair material has yet to look so good as Raymond's and Joke's works of art.

Looks awesome Jokes

And yup FlyAndFight, Tibetan Yak to be exact. It's what we all use, its thinner than human hair. For the more complex hairstyles. like short hair or specific hair other than long wavy Joker or Aragorn style, it takes a lot of skill to be able to pull off because it comes about sourcing the most minute areas on a giant freaking chunk of hair that manage to follow the folds you are looking for.

An example of this is on my Rick Grimes

pnxhCq5Wp

also whenever possible using the very bottom of the strand so the ends are thin and not blunt as if they would be if you cut them with scissors.

This is how we get it looking natural.

Excellent. I actually purchased some Tibetan yak hair over a year or two ago, in the hopes of working on some custom figures but just never got around to it. I think you guys were the source of inspiration (and still are) for those projects. Perhaps one day I'll give it a go as well.

I have high hopes now - posted by Asmus on FB
"Electroplating vs. baking paint
Electroplating the sword gives #Aragorn's #Andúril the metal glaze that really pushes the quality even further compared to the effect of baking paint on the right."
21082899_10154669918136968_7249829079572199245_o.jpg

Wait wait, slim buyers get the sword on the left ? I bought the original and it was painted and it has a bunch of paint scratches on it. Dam it I want that new sword, I'm not buying another Aragorn just for it though lol. I love asmus I really do, but if that's the case not cool guys, I've already forked out more than 400 bucks for the figure that's including the new head.

Back