Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not regretting my decision to back out of this line. I had Legolas on preorder locally and Aragorn and Boromir preordered with Asmus. Cancelled them when I saw the new Merry and Pippin sculpts and had my doubts with the rest of the Fellowship. It's a shame because I love LOTR and thought Legolas looked great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not regretting my decision to back out of this line. I had Legolas on preorder locally and Aragorn and Boromir preordered with Asmus. Cancelled them when I saw the new Merry and Pippin sculpts and had my doubts with the rest of the Fellowship. It's a shame because I love LOTR and thought Legolas looked great.

I had Legolas and Aragorn on preorder.
Legolas was great
I had to pass on Boromir awful likeness to the actor

What a damn shame. I was so looking forward to this. It makes absolutely no sense to change the sculpt. I could maybe see the paint job not being as good as the original but to change the whole damn sculpt?

I know its only one picture, but wasn't one of the selling points of the new head/slim figure that they are all hand styled and finished in the factory? That hair does not look hand styled...

1.jpg

That flat hair is awful, far worse than the paint job! Hopefully it's just a bad picture

I tried to hold my Asmus Aragon at a similar angle with similar lighting and then held my phone with that picture pulled up on it next to it and (other than paint as has been stated) I couldn't tell a difference in sculpt. Maybe some other folks can try the same and see if they spot something else but it all seemed pretty comparable to me.

Different pic from same source. looks slightly better here. I'm also thinking lighting/camera/angle make huge difference. Hope to see better blogger pics.
21232135_1722901241347757_8447166521809335539_n.jpg

Back