Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So Legolas & Aragorn should arrive at approximately the same time. I have to wait until the end of September though. :pfft:

Just keep an eye on this thread and the for sale section. People WILL BE flipping these. Its the nature of this hobby.
I went ahead and ordered the slim to make sure I get the new head. I'll try to resale it on EBay maybe (minus the head), or maybe part it out to get some of my money back.

That looks incredible. Is it ready to ship? Probably need to e-mail Asmus to make sure they don't miss my order again for just the head.

I believe that is Raymond's work not Asmus'.

Raymond - It looks amazing! Great job and yes you are one of those hair guys for sure. Did you do anything else to the sculpt besides the hair?

Thanks so much Doug! Yes indeed this is not the new one sorry for any confusion.

His eyebrows and beard are repainted also and his skin lightened a bit!

I have to say, seeing yours is both awe inspiring and also a let down. The work is so fantastic it takes away some enjoyment of the stock figure and I will always know in the back of my mind that somewhere out there is Raymond's set putting mine to shame.

Raymond - If there is ever some kind of custom contest you have plenty of quality entires right here. I don't watch the custom threads like I used to (it got too upsetting) but I cannot imagine that these aren't right up there at the top of the art form.

Thanks doug your kind words really mean so much!

I don't take compliments lightly so I really do appreciate it!

I recently updated my custom thread with more work

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...s-custom-projects-photography-fun-stu-32.html

I'm also about to start an Instagram account for my work specifically.

I hear you on that, it' always a bummer to see custom art out their either unattainable or too expensive which is why i learned to perfect my skills as best I could to do my own. I admire those guys who take commissions I wish i could churn out quality work that fast. I feel bad constantly turning down requests but I'd probably make more money working at McDonalds if i broke down hourly what is justifiable to charge someone for a doll.

I respect that and in my opinion it is better to turn down the commissions than risk taking on too many tarnishing you reputation and following the unfortunate path that too many well intentioned customizes seem to fall for. That said if I ever win the lottery I am going to ask you to name your price for making me a complete fellowship.

I just took a look at your thread. I don't even know who Judge Anderson is but she looks really life-like.

Any updates on when this guy if going to be shipping? I remember reading it was coming by the end of last month, but it's still early this month so I'm not too concerned, just a bit curious.

I managed to get the first Asmus Aragorn cheap this week as I just wanted the head sculpt to have a go at giving him hair.
I never realised how decent some of the parts of this figure are like the boots and the gauntlets so I mixed and matched with the ACI.

Hey folks. I've never owned an Asmus figure before, but I just had to PO the SLIM Aragorn, as he's my favorite LotR character. What am I to expect exactly? How do they compare to Hot Toys?

I managed to get the first Asmus Aragorn cheap this week as I just wanted the head sculpt to have a go at giving him hair.
I never realised how decent some of the parts of this figure are like the boots and the gauntlets so I mixed and matched with the ACI.

Holy Cow how did you do the rooted hair job on Legolas? It's so spot on!

Has Asmus sent out all the payment requests for Slim Aragorn? I thought they were supposed to this month, but I haven't received one.

Back