Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why the hell would you want that hideous second head anyway?

I don't know. 100% it will sit in the box and rot. If I could save $50 to give up the head, fine... but $12 ain't that much to save and take a risk on a seller I'm not familiar with. Plus, they're taking preorders and NOT offering the head that is supposed to come with all preorders... which seems a little shady to me. We'll see how things go with them. I don't like to be an early adopter for retailers.

I don't know. 100% it will sit in the box and rot. If I could save $50 to give up the head, fine... but $12 ain't that much to save and take a risk on a seller I'm not familiar with. Plus, they're taking preorders and NOT offering the head that is supposed to come with all preorders... which seems a little shady to me. We'll see how things go with them. I don't like to be an early adopter for retailers.

I've bought a few of my Weta dwarves from them. I've never had any problems. They're just the Hobbit/LotR line of WBShop.

They probably placed their order after Asmus' cut off date. Sorry for the lack of pictures I just have had no time. They shipped my superintendent off to another job and no I am spending 2 hours driving to the job site in the early morning and home in the late evening. Throw in 3 little kids and a wife and my life is very full and crazy at the moment. If I can get the owner to sign off on things this week it will all calm down and I should be able to get everyone pictures.

As for the second head. I am not as criticual as a lot of other members here. I actually like the Gandalf sculpt after the neck post is pushed in, I was happy with the stock Witch King, I like both the ACI and main Asmus Aragorn head sculpts but even I do not see myself displaying the second head. The optimist in me thinks if you pose it right it might look good so I will try it out but even I am not won over by it. I think it is mainly the something with the teeth.

The second sculpt could be useful if you wanted to portray a "masked" version of Aragorn (while he was never seen wearing one, most of the Ithilien Rangers were depicted wearing masks over their noses and mouths so its logical that the Dunedain Rangers of the North would do the same).

If nothing else, the alternate could be useful to experiment with as far as modifying or replacing the hairpiece.

Mine arrived the other day - cracking figure :) Nice work Asmus.
Not really seeing the conehead in hand... but that hair sculpt is soft enough that you can fold it in on itself, widening the forehead. There may be slight brown marks, but that's just Middle Earth dirt ;) Be careful though as, experimenting, I managed to slightly scratch the paint finish on the inferior open mouth sculpt with my finger nail...
Anyhoo, my Aragorn with his right lock of hair folded in;
Aragorn by MiskatonicNick, on Flickr

Not really seeing the conehead in hand... but that hair sculpt is soft enough that you can fold it in on itself, widening the forehead. There may be slight brown marks, but that's just Middle Earth dirt ;) Be careful though as, experimenting, I managed to slightly scratch the paint finish on the inferior open mouth sculpt with my finger nail...

That looks great! For me personally this photo looks the most like Aragorn out of all the photos so far. Good job.

Agreed! That really is a terrific pic!

I actually think the likeness is pretty great, and your hair folding trick just puts it over the top!

Outfit and gear look especially good in that shot! Thank you for posting!

Hmmmm

Nick this is the best pic by far I've seen of this figure. Nice work! :cool:

Got notice from Timewalker that they plan to start charging these tomorrow and shipping them the week on Nov 22.

Probably late in game but I saw that merry and pipin are being made and wanted to know if frodo and sam are being made as well. I know it must be a stupid question given that Asmus is aking many Lotr figures.

Back