Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok,
here are some snap shots.
I have also passed on the comments to the designing team.
I am sure we can make it better !!

View attachment 169808

View attachment 169809

Definitely looking better. See, we needed more pictures. That harsh light is hidng the eyes but it would seem that the sculpt's cheekbones and forehead are fine. Maybe just small refinements at this point.

More recent pics are much improved. I think all my notes have been stated - the beard should cover the bottom of the face, not just be a goatee. The skin is too light and the hair needs to be fuller - it's like Aragorn just got out of the shower now.

Sculpt could be improved with a slightly bigger eyes and painted more prominently beard on his cheeks.
attachment.php

LOTR%20-%20The%20Return%20of%20the%20King%20532.jpg

Overall, it is huge progress over the first version.

I see further tweaking is required:
1. Bigger eyes.
2. Part the hair further on the forehead so he looks less of a cone head.
3. Angle of eyebrows needs to be fixed, the ^ should be further from the nose bridge.
4. Slightly bigger gap between the eyebrows and the eyes, they are way too close in the, I hope, prototype.
5. Narrow the width of the lower face/jawbone line.
6. Hair sculpting still needs to be improved.

1. Bigger eyes.
3. Angle of eyebrows needs to be fixed, the ^ should be further from the nose bridge.
4. Slightly bigger gap between the eyebrows and the eyes, they are way too close in the, I hope, prototype.
No disrespect intended but if they try and change all of that we may very well end up with a sculpt that's not as close as what this is. Every time they release another version someone else is going to find a flaw. Hell as good as Hot Toys sculpts are people still find fault with them. Sooner or later we are going to have to accept that a sculpt is not going to get better and choose whether or not to buy.

1. Bigger eyes.

I can't argue with any of these critiques, but I do agree with hoodonit00 that to change all that might give us something worse.

Just my opinion, but - this is really damn close! Looks more like Viggo than ACI's!
I hate to say it needs any adjusting beyond more of a stubble beard than goatee, and maybe some longer strands on the hair about the forehead. That face is very close.
Great suggestions, but any more tweaking on the features may just lead to more suggestions. LoL seriously, this is near spot-on. I can almost see him speaking!
Do what you gotta do, Asmus. But this is too close! :D
Now, how about some shots of his accessories and outfit? :)

No disrespect intended but if they try and change all of that we may very well end up with a sculpt that's not as close as what this is. Every time they release another version someone else is going to find a flaw. Hell as good as Hot Toys sculpts are people still find fault with them. Sooner or later we are going to have to accept that a sculpt is not going to get better and choose whether or not to buy.

Well said, hoo. Thinking the same thing.
They've come nearer to Viggo's likeness than anyone else.

I have indeed seen ACI's. Yes, I can see Viggo - a prettier Viggo. I like it and I don't. Very mixed feelings about it.
Asmus is coming through with a more rugged look and realism, best I can tell. That's just me.
Each collector/fan is going to like what they like. And that's groovy, man. :)

Back