Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a shame.

just my opionion, their head wasn't nice, rooted hair made it worse and the price nearly being 300, that's usd, in my country would have costed me almost 500, no figure is worth that. asmus isn't expensive , and their interaction with us has been more than any other company has made an effort to do, they are doing a damn fine job

I thought that the ACI head sculpt was ok. Not perfect, but I don't think Asmus' HS isn't shaping up to be much better at the moment. However, the pricing is better, as is their customer service, and hopefully the outfit and accessories will be on par or better than ACI's. :pray:

More pics of the sculpt and hopefully of the rest of the figure would be great.

The image is quite dark but it looks like he has too much of a cone head due to the hair shape, eyes are sunken in too deep, and as others have said he needs more beard.

I'm extremely happy with my ACI Aragorn and won't shell out more cash unless this ends up looking really good. This hobby is getting expensive and with the aud $ being so crap I might actually miss out on Bard and Aragorn if the head sculpts aren't improved. I so badly want you guys to succeed Asmus!

Hi all,
don't know what to think about this Aragorn... Sculpt is not bad, paint is a little strange...
Recently with Asmus I've been disappointed. Their Gandalf the white was average with a lot of futzing needed; I received the Nazgul and steed 2 weeks ago and I didn't even post some pictures yet because of the disappointment... Don't get me wrong, I want Asmus to succeed, and I like the interaction here with George, but their figures look toyish, not adult collectible items. The materials used look poor, they lack details, and quality control seems off. I have the same feeling with the upcoming Eowyn and Bard, and I fear it will be the same with this Aragorn...
Ok, Asmus is cheaper, but I prefer to buy one expensive figure I will be proud of, instead of three or four figures that look like toys.
Still want to see a global picture of this Aragorn to set my mind...

On the other side I wasn't enthusiastic with the ACI one, until we saw all the pictures the last couple of days. You have to cut the hairs, and the beard is not so well painted, but damn, the head sculpt is awesome and the materials used look so gorgeous !
So I cancelled my Eowyn preorder, will sell my DX10 and some other things... and I bought the last ACI Aragorn on ebay. ( 400 dollars :horror )
Sorry Asmus but I need more quality. I hope your next figures turn out well and I will buy again, we will see.
:)

I don't know weather a few on here just dislike ACI's Aragorn for the price or availability or not, but c'mon, how can you diss this quick out of the box example?
image.jpg

I take no credit for this pic (owe to Jokes & Bats) , took it off the thread, Just don't understand how some of you can mock it in favour of Asmus' when all we have is a sculpt from them at the moment...

I think it is a mix of the high price, limited availability and sometimes unflattering pics of the headsculpt. Overall, it's an excellent figure. I'm really glad, in a way, that I'm not interested in the fellowship characters, otherwise this would be a must have. I was really surprised that on Animarket's site, the Aragorn exclusive was $10.00 cheaper than the Ringwraith. I'd have thought Aragorn would've been $20 - $30 more because of all the accessories, headsculpt and more intricate clothing. Interesting to me that it was less.

I hope Asmus is able to do something just as good with Aragorn. Really want those guys to knock it out of the park, especially as they're the only game in town, now.

Last edited:
I think it is a mix of the high price, limited availability and sometimes unflattering pics of the headsculpt...

I second that! - I don't know HOW a company like ACI can only show such bad pictures. - Me personally I did not like the head at all after seeing the "Promo-shots" of the figure. - But then seeing in hand pictures of some users I felt in love with it. Additional I was able to get it for less than 250 USD, for me that was the clear GO.

In hand the figures is really nice! - Only little disappointment for me are the swords as the metal is not completely flat and looks fragile. - But still, love the figure!

Have to admit now, that I am disappointed with the last pics of the Asmus Aragorn. - The first promos were awful, the compeltely revisited one looked really great to me... but what came out of it now really surprised me in a negative way... sadly. - For now my hope is that at least their accessories are nice, might make me combine them then...

I thought that the ACI head sculpt was ok. Not perfect, but I don't think Asmus' HS isn't shaping up to be much better at the moment. However, the pricing is better, as is their customer service, and hopefully the outfit and accessories will be on par or better than ACI's. :pray:

More pics of the sculpt and hopefully of the rest of the figure would be great.

Ok,
here are some snap shots.
I have also passed on the comments to the designing team.
I am sure we can make it better !!

QQ??20150302152257.jpg

QQ??20150302152304.jpg

Much better photos. I think the biggest thing throwing off the likeness for me now is the massive ridge between the eyes. It looks very odd and needs to smoothed out. Hopefully bringing the sunken eyes forward should help with that as well.

Sculpt could be improved with a slightly bigger eyes and painted more prominently beard on his cheeks.
attachment.php

LOTR%20-%20The%20Return%20of%20the%20King%20250.jpg

LOTR%20-%20The%20Return%20of%20the%20King%20532.jpg

Overall, it is huge progress over the first version.

Yes, agree on that. Those last two shown pictures look a lot better. Really! - Thanks for that Asmus!

Those new pictures look a LOT better. My only note would be that the triangular spot -- where the bridge of his nose meets his brow -- seems too wide. I think that's what's throwing off the look of his eyes in that straight ahead picture.

Other than that, the lighting in these two pictures is washing out a little bit of the speckled paint job from the previous picture. I'm all for a little realistic skin texture in the paint apps, but it seemed a little heavy in that first picture.

That said, even if nothing is changed, if it looks like these two new pictures in-hand, I'd be satisfied with it.

Thanks again for the updates, Asmus!

Back