Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as I hate to do it I'm going to have to backtrack and agree that the resemblance is not as good as it should be. I won't go as far and say it looks nothing like him but it should be much better. When they first showed Gandalf it was clear to see who it was supposed to be. What was shown was near Hot Toys quality. I just can't honestly feel the same about this sculpt. Seems like a step back. I think I was just excited to see the reveal that I was over looking the likeness issue. Hope the final reveal is much better.

Yeah I'd have to agree with you. If they can make Gandalf look the way he does now, then they should be able to pull this one off. I think I have been a little over excited. I just want to see what asmus comes back with. I bet when they come back with a redone sculpt it'll look a million times better. At its current state though, I'd pass. Probably just grab slideshows Aragorn on eBay to complete my set.

I agree. No offense to any of the talented painters that have repainted that sculpt but Darren C has been the only one to really bring out Viggo in the SS sculpt IMO

So far I really dislike the Asmus head... it just looks very alien and off. I think it has features of Viggo, but hey are all out of proportion.

I think Seb's latest Aragorn is the closest version I've seen of him in 1/6... something about the head is off (maybe a bit old, or a bit of duck lips) for me, but it's pretty minor compared to others.

IMG_0605_zpsc9cc338d.jpg

I'd love to see Trevor's sculpt on a figure, but I don't think anyone ever hacked it apart to do that.

Come on asmus! Give us some little sliver to check out. I know they showed the body, but I am talking about face sculpt, weapons,clothing, etc.

So far I really dislike the Asmus head... it just looks very alien and off. I think it has features of Viggo, but hey are all out of proportion.

I think Seb's latest Aragorn is the closest version I've seen of him in 1/6... something about the head is off (maybe a bit old, or a bit of duck lips) for me, but it's pretty minor compared to others.

IMG_0605_zpsc9cc338d.jpg

I'd love to see Trevor's sculpt on a figure, but I don't think anyone ever hacked it apart to do that.

I like that sculpt as a mix between Viggo and what I think book Aragorn would look like.

To be honest, I really don't like that sculpt. It's almost like a caricature, so strongly are the features exaggerated.
Kick ass paint job, though.

And maybe that's the big issue with Aragorn/Viggo... everyone has a different impression of how he should look :lol

I had never heard about Townsend being Aragorn... pretty funny to think how different and possibly awful that could have been. Good last minute choice Peter Jackson :lecture

Back