Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe they are taking "official shots", to come back with optimal pictures?

I need to see it. ACI's latest update on theirs is very good.

Do you mean the pic of the unpainted, hairless sculpt? I haven't seen any close up pics of ACI's proto. Is it because they're still tweaking it, or because they have their own reasons for not revealing it in full with hi-res pics? My eyes aren't good enough to make a judgement as to which of the two is better based on the pics shown so far.

I need to see it. ACI's latest update on theirs is very good.
Their latest pic was the same under-lit display shot that isn't closeup nor high res. The one you're talking about is a photoshop edit and it still isn't closeup nor high res. There's a post of the HT Zod showing what we mean by good pictures of the face and they haven't shown them yet. AND the rooted hair is too short.

Because of so few updates the thread is taking an aci direction, lol. Has aragorn been filed away? C'mon asmus

Jeez, you guys are spoiled. Sideshow just announced C-3PO for release ONE YEAR from now - how often do you think they'll make updates about him before then?

Asmus haven't put him up for pre-order yet though. The main problem here is Asmus potentially losing customers to ACI. Not me though, I'm not buying ACI's "Return of the Drag-Queen".

The lack of recent updates is just hopefully a sign that they're pulling everything together for the proper reveal.

Asmus haven't put him up for pre-order yet though. The main problem here is Asmus potentially losing customers to ACI. Not me though, I'm not buying ACI's "Return of the Drag-Queen".

The lack of recent updates is just hopefully a sign that they're pulling everything together for the proper reveal.

Perhaps, but ACI figures are not that easily available and have higher pricetags. If before their license expires Asmus has released Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli, they have my money.

I hope the silence isn't the result of some legal battle over the license between the two competing companies. Strange that it has been so quiet for so long.

I don't think so. Issues would have hit long before now. They are just making the best figs possible.:D

Yes, we are holding Aragorn back deliberately for Hobbit.
and take some more time to make it better.

Also,
December is Tauriel,
January is Bard.
we don't want to jam too many figures in a month,
after all 1/6 is a pricy toy, you got to have room to breath to buy more.

at least it is how we all felt toward HT figures ... :slap

Also,
December is Tauriel,
January is Bard.
we don't wan to jam too man figures in a month,
after 1/6 is a pricy toy, you got to have room to breath to buy more.

at least it is how we all felt toward HT figures in the company... :slap
Unbelievable.

I'm all for making more time for them to be better. Though, I will say I'd buy a figure every two months from LOTR/Hobbit myself.

Also,
December is Tauriel,
January is Bard.

How many Hobbit characters are you planning before you go back to LotR? Hopefully not all the dwarves as well. Elrond, Legolas and Galadriel could count for both series I suppose. Still a bunch of LotR figs to go so hope the gap is not too long--the rest of the Fellowship, Arwen, Faramir, MoS, Gollum/Smeagol, etc.

Also,
December is Tauriel,
January is Bard.

That's great news! Can't wait now haha. Thanks for the reply :)

Back