ASMUS TOYS : Aragorn @ The Battle of Helm's Deep

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Asmus, are the boots one solid piece or are they two pieces? I am stuck looking on my phone so maybe I am missing the cut line because they look like one solid piece to me.

Yeah, still not feeling it. This is HT’s Harrison Ford all over again; Viggo must be really hard to capture without making him look cross-eyed. I like that he’s less lumpy than their earlier attempts, but this is still off.

The full shot looks nice. When I shrink the close-up picture down to the actual size of the figure I see more likeness... so I imagine the head in hand will look more like Viggo than the extreme close-up does.

Again, for me, this one is all about that 2nd bloody head. Coupled with the intense expression, a battle-damaged head sounds awesome -- and it will be the deciding factor for me.

Other thoughts:

Molded boots are going to challenge any good action pose. Considering the determined expression demands some kind of aggressive posing, you'd think a soft-boot or articulated ankles would have been selected.

Is anyone else seeing a slightly smallish head off the full shot? I noticed this in the SS video as well but wrote it off to bad futzing. You have to get off your phone and view the picture all-in-one without scrolling to see it.

On the plus side, the chainmail and the jerkin look fantastic. That chainmail probably ate up a good portion of the production costs.

Last edited:
If Asmus can find some tweaks and improvements...great! I would have loved to see rooted hair on this figure myself. With all of that said...I am 100% SOLD! This will be an amazing figure in hand!

Asmus, I love your company. I love your product. Mostly, I LOVE that you listen to fans. Unfortunately, that sculpt looks like Dolph Lundgren in a wig.

Are these Faramir's vambraces ?? Aragorn/Boromir are brown leather and red fabric. The jerkin is fantastic, the chainmail looks ok, has to be seen in person I suppose. I'm not a huge fan of the boots. I think the likeness is good, with minor tweaks it could be excellent.
:)

The more I look at the promo pics, the more I get excited to own Aragorn finally. I think it is the best sculpt of Aragorn so far. The comparison pic IMO shows how close the sculpt is to perfection. I love the expression and maybe the face could be a tad longer and jaw/chin narrowed but it is so close that I would be more than happy to get it as is.

The more I look at the promo pics, the more I get excited to own Aragorn finally. I think it is the best sculpt of Aragorn so far. The comparison pic IMO shows how close the sculpt is to perfection. I love the expression and maybe the face could be a tad longer and jaw/chin narrowed but it is so close that I would be more than happy to get it as is.

Yep! This!

Are these Faramir's vambraces ?? Aragorn/Boromir are brown leather and red fabric. The jerkin is fantastic, the chainmail looks ok, has to be seen in person I suppose. I'm not a huge fan of the boots. I think the likeness is good, with minor tweaks it could be excellent.
:)

No,
Faramir's braces are a little different.

Approval0202.jpg

I still got an order not to reveal the full photos,
but I have got this, we made for approval.
Under natural lighting.

It’s just so good! I hope it gets more recognition as we see more full pics. Do we have a release date or preorder date yet? I hope we get him by the end of this year.

Maybe the sculpted hair is (again) throwing off the likeness?

Is there going to be a haired version with this release did they say? If not, was there a reason they just went with sculpted?

Are they limiting the haired versions specifically to their Crown releases now?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Maybe the sculpted hair is (again) throwing off the likeness?

Is there going to be a haired version with this release did they say? If not, was there a reason they just went with sculpted?

Are they limiting the haired versions specifically to their Crown releases now?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Galadriel isn’t a crown release and she has tons of rooted hair.

Back