ASMUS TOYS : Aragorn @ The Battle of Helm's Deep

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Other thoughts:

Molded boots are going to challenge any good action pose. Considering the determined expression demands some kind of aggressive posing, you'd think a soft-boot or articulated ankles would have been selected.

If you zoom in at the ankle on the full shot, you can see a cut there like a high-top shoe, so it would seem the boots are in 2 pieces. It's just hidden well

Any chance you can mold the sword hangers in matching plastic to the belt please? It'll look way more screen accurate and awesome as well holding the sword weight properly.

Looking at the sword hangers which attach to the belt thus far, they are the same thin black material as the previous versions which don't hold the weight of the sword at all and causes it to either fall straight up backwards or fall forward out of the scabbard.
4907e6327c8ab3b764096b482bf1ef9d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I've been a critic of this since I seen the first blurry image. After seeing this image I'm not so sure anymore? Maybe the likeness is a lot better then what I'm giving it credit for?
88888helmsdeep.jpg

attachment.php

Last edited:
Thanks for posting those pictures. Paint-wise, if the stubbly beard / moustache was a bit fuller / more obvious it would make a huge difference. I would also prefer the eyebrow paint to be more rounded at the edges and droop around this eye. I can see this being re-painted and haired and looking absolutely stunning. The base sculpt is there in my opinion but it is quite scene specific so perhaps not how people picture Viggo's Aragorn when they think of him. The outfit looks good in those close-ups, love that leatherlike jerkin.

Thanks for posting those pictures. Paint-wise, if the stubbly beard / moustache was a bit fuller / more obvious it would make a huge difference. I would also prefer the eyebrow paint to be more rounded at the edges and droop around this eye. I can see this being re-painted and haired and looking absolutely stunning. The base sculpt is there in my opinion but it is quite scene specific so perhaps not how people picture Viggo's Aragorn when they think of him. The outfit looks good in those close-ups, love that leatherlike jerkin.

I think you're on to something with the scene specific look. Like I said I was very critical. I kept on Googling images of Aragorn and going nope, nope, nope... I'm thinking to myself, I can't believe people are liking this. Then I hit that image and I was like oh, uh, well I'll be damned.

Last edited:
Looking at those new photos, the hairline looks way too high due to that reoccurring seam. For me, I think that is what throwing the likeness off. Why can't the hair piece sit flush to the forehead at this point?

No matter how dirty the ‘damaged’ head is, I imagine I’ll be mucking it up even more. I want my Helms Deep Aragorn to be absolutely filthy. That’ll probably help fudge some additional accuracy out of the sculpt too.

I will wait for a crown release. Lets do a black gate look, or, a full bearded king Elessar. Of course with rooted hair, moving eyes, better quality armor texture. I can wait

After reading a ton on here, I've heard mentions of this aragorn, son of arathorn, and I tell you now, I will not bow to this ranger of the north! Er, I mean, I have heard alot of talk about a crown and I'm just hoping/praying, as it seems logical and a good move for them

Sculpt is off. Not having rooted hair is a bummer.

*Shrug* IMO it's hard to tell, because there may be changes just from actual production - softening, or other. I would prefer rooted hair but then there
is a vocal group that prefers sculpted.

I'm in for this fig; missed the first Aragorn and think it will be awesome on shelf. I want a more grunge Aragorn and love the Helm's Deep scenes.

Yeah, I did that. Still don't see the cut. These look like nearly the same boots as their last Aragorn that were solid.

You can definitely see it on the Sideshow booth tour pic below especially on the back foot. There's a curve at the ankle. Surprised no one has posted these.

Asmus-Sideshow-Con-2020-3.jpg

Asmus-Sideshow-Con-2020-4.jpg

*Shrug* IMO it's hard to tell, because there may be changes just from actual production - softening, or other. I would prefer rooted hair but then there
is a vocal group that prefers sculpted.

I'm in for this fig; missed the first Aragorn and think it will be awesome on shelf. I want a more grunge Aragorn and love the Helm's Deep scenes.

If I would have missed the first one I would be all over this one. As it is though I have the first one plus the rooted head sculpt. I can see a resemblance now where I didn't before but I still wish it were a better likeness.

Any chance you can mold the sword hangers in matching plastic to the belt please? It'll look way more screen accurate and awesome as well holding the sword weight properly.

Looking at the sword hangers which attach to the belt thus far, they are the same thin black material as the previous versions which don't hold the weight of the sword at all and causes it to either fall straight up backwards or fall forward out of the scabbard.
4907e6327c8ab3b764096b482bf1ef9d.jpg

Mine isn't perfect but I tried to customise my Asmus/ACI bash by making new scabbard belt loops.

Mine isn't perfect but I tried to customise my Asmus/ACI bash by making new scabbard belt loops.

Great job! What did you use for the gold clasps? I've done a similar setup on my custom Strider figure but I'd love to see Asmus nail it on this figure. They did mention in the old HD Aragorn thread they were going to improve the sword belts but seemed to have forgotten about it on the prototype.

Back